keep an eye out

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I say cloning CL would be a good business move. That aside, I also think there's something to these rumors. Something is about to happen at DHS.

All of that aside, the RCID Master Plan for the property clearly says that DHS expansion is to occur across from World Drive. Now, this idea, I know doesn't sit well for the folks here maybe because it is hard to imagine. Well, here's an exercise that will make it crystal clear. Using Google Earth or Google Maps or Apple's iMaps, zoom into Disneyland Paris. You will see high speed rail tracks going right through the property. Look south of the entrance to the Magic Kingdom. They have built very wide pedestrian crossings over the rail road tracks. These crossings are so wide that you don't even feel like you're walking on a bridge! Now, imagine the railroad crossings being World Drive and the Disneyland Paris Magic Kingdom being DHS. Imagine the area over the bridge (which is Downtown Disney Paris, if I'm not mistaken) as being the DHS expansion area. It could work.

The RCID Master Plan is just a recomendation, they have no obligation to stick to it. Across World Drive is the easiest place to expand DHS, but they can choose to build elsewhere if they want to put in the effort.

Fantasmic

Not exactly true. They did announce they would be expanding Orlando's Potter offerings significantly when they announced the Hollywood version of WWoHP.
Yes, I know but it was more of a "yeah it's happening, at some point" they haven't sat us down and said "this is officially what's happening..." and provided us with art work and stuff

Californian Elitist

Yes, I know but it was more of a "yeah it's happening, at some point" they haven't sat us down and said "this is officially what's happening..." and provided us with art work and stuff

I've noticed Universal doesn't do these kinds of things; reveal plans and artwork for their attractions. They just tell you it's coming, and they pretty much let your mind imagine what it's going to look like. This happens on both coasts. Universal Studios Hollywood announced Potter in 2011, but that's it. They haven't said anything about details or concept art and yet construction has started. They just announced Despicable Me a couple days ago. Again, no concept art... All they said was the facade will be different from Orlando's. It's amazing how Universal and Disney differ when it comes to announcements.

Goofyernmost

I've noticed Universal doesn't do these kinds of things; reveal plans and artwork for their attractions. They just tell you it's coming, and they pretty much let your mind imagine what it's going to look like. This happens on both coasts. Universal Studios Hollywood announced Potter in 2011, but that's it. They haven't said anything about details or concept art and yet construction has started. They just announced Despicable Me a couple days ago. Again, no concept art... All they said was the facade will be different from Orlando's. It's amazing how Universal and Disney differ when it comes to announcements.
That way they don't make promises that they don't keep. You'd think that Disney would have thought about that by now. Maybe it's because they have done so little in recent years that they feel the need to, at least, look like they are making an effort, even if it's just a drawing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom