keep an eye out

Nmoody1

The fact that DHS is offering cups DOES NOT herald Carsland.... It's just someone's bright idea that ''hey, we don't have to build any new land or ride, we can just sell the merchant and the drinks - let people think they are getting a cars experience' ;)

Why introduce it now? Surely if Carsland is coming, they'd save the unique f&b for then! I'm surprised it took them so long to bring tis to test track!

doctornick

I for one welcome it.
Me too. I know some serious fans don't want a "clone" of Carsland, but I just wouldn't mind. If not the "complete" Carsland, at least a mini version.;)

I actually think the ideal would be a similar Radiator Springs, but with different offerings. Such that it looks the same (right out of the film) but offers different experiences -- different food/restaurants, different stores (perhaps a Ridemakerz as was originally planned for DCA), different rides. That is how you "clone" something yet still make it unique.

Cars and Radiator Springs is very popular and a great thing to bring to WDW, but there's no reason that the version in DCA is the only version that could be done.

RedDad

Smitty Werben JagerManJensen
I have to say I doubt people who visit both WDW and DLR regularly are a very high percentage of Disneys customer base. I would say a very near replica of Cars Land is by far the most likely if anything is planned for WDW for a number of reasons. The first being that design and engineering costs for a Cars Land copy would much lower. If anything it will likely be a reduced version unfortunately.

DizFiz

Breaking news... Cars cone cups are being sold at DHS quick everyone book your trip for the opening of Carsland... I wouldn't getting to work up over a Carsland cone cup just seems like to me like another souvenir cup option besides EPCOT already has them.

Cmdr_Crimson

Well, the cone cups were an old concept that was tried out in the late 80's early 90's..It was known as the Handwich..
handwich1.jpg

Grotto123

Original Poster
Like I said from the pics I ve seen the carsland logo are on the mug I don't know if that's what the product is going to look like when studio catering gets them but thought it was a bit interesting now with all the rumors circling around about dhs expansion .

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Like I said from the pics I ve seen the carsland logo are on the mug I don't know if that's what the product is going to look like when studio catering gets them but thought it was a bit interesting now with all the rumors circling around about dhs expansion .
I think its interesting too, I'm glad you shared it with us. It may not mean anything but its fun to speculate! :D

Goofyernmost

I rather new attractions because they should diversify DLR and WDW. It gives people to try both imo. I rather see some equally cool unique things added at DHS.

Although I'll take anything at this point. It is better than nothing and DHS sure needs something.
Way can't anyone understand that not everyone can afford to go to Disneyland? What is so difficult about that? Many cannot travel that far for other reasons as well. Why should they be deprived of a good attraction just to keep a bunch of people who think that it's wrong to have the same ride in both places.

Walt was filmed saying, when he announced the "Florida" project, that a lot of the things in Disney World would be the same as Disneyland, with new things included. Even when they opened DCA, it was easy to see parts of Epcot, DHS and AK there.

Disneyland is the motherland of Disney parks. If that fact alone cannot bring people to visit the place why would anyone think that having an attraction or two different would mean anything? As far as liking to see new and unique things in Disney World, who wouldn't? However, I'd rather see a clone from the West Coast that I will never see unless it shows up here, then nothing at all and that appears to be what we have been getting over the last few years. Nothing at all!

scpergj

Well, the cone cups were an old concept that was tried out in the late 80's early 90's..It was known as the Handwich..
handwich1.jpg

You know, my parents took us (my little sister and I) to WDW many times, the first time in 1972. I remember my dad walking around with one of those in the '80's. BBQ chicken, if I remember correctly....

wdwfan22

Not much of anything is happening at WDW right now -- in the theme parks practically nothing. Just adding a needed dose of fact.

It's not fact though, Disney Springs was just announced and in the theme parks the mine coaster is still on the way as well as the Princess meet and greet. That's not nothing, whether you like what they are doing or not, it's something and it's happening now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom