Kali River Rapids reopens.... and guess what??

janoimagine

Those have been there for awhile, yes.
Is the fountain next to the storage lockers working again? Last time we were their we were told it was turned off because of the lockers. Typical TDO BS. Really makes me glad we are taking cruises with the DCL instead when you hear garbage like this.

This is the fountain I am referring too:

Untitled by janoimagine, on Flickr

Genie of the Lamp

What are the wait times for this attraction today? On MDE app, it says as of 3:50pm it's a 20 minute wait for standby and 10 min wait for FP. Of course I ain't in the parks so it probably aint right. What were the wait times like when you went on @marni1971?

The Empress Lilly

This is just getting silly. I'm not even mad or disappointed anymore. WDW has moved into Monthy Python territory. Just one big farce. A joke, 'Blackadder and Baldrick's Florida Adventures'.

Poor DAK! :confused:
All the major rides broken or severely compromised. And for those more into exploration than rides: nets everywhere, blocked off paths too.

To think they made the guy responsible for this sorry mess the president of DL!

spacemt354

Chili's
So, Kali opened after its 6 week refurb. Guess what? It's worse now than before. In a park where show quality is ignored its no surprise, but sadly it is another nail in the coffin of the level WDW once held itself to. And so...

The new attraction-wide paved evac path was only half completed.

Rafts were meant to be deep cleaned or replaced. Drainage holes that were too small were meant to be enlarged to prevent puddles on the floor. Only ONE was replaced and TWO refurbished. The other 21 still have drainage issues and a layer of mold and mildew on the skin.

The redesign of the entrance to prevent crowding and bottlenecks didn't happen. No new signs were added. All it got was paint on the height check sign and a new umbrella.

Except fire, which is now off the list for good, every effect was meant to be fixed. Instead the lift mist still doesn't work, the logs don't swing, the truck doesn't teeter. And no alternate has been found to real flames. Plus so much more foliage has been cut down that the contrast between jungle and burning wilderness is now lost.

Queue artefacts were added, but they forgot to fix the backstory video projector which looks worse than ever.

Not bad for a newly refurbished attraction. The fact they can't have all effects working is sad. The fact they opened knowing they aren't working is pathetic. The fact they have so many issues still is unforgivable. But this is the park with Dinosaur and Everest.

I don't know how anybody "likes" the information in this post. It's depressing to me.
And it's just another reason why we are seriously considering eliminating our DAK day (or half day) from all our future trips, and replacing it with a trip 5 miles up I-4 ;)

TP2000

So, Kali opened after its 6 week refurb. Guess what? It's worse now than before. In a park where show quality is ignored its no surprise, but sadly it is another nail in the coffin of the level WDW once held itself to. And so...

That's not good to hear.

What's interesting is that Anaheim's version of Kali, DCA's Grizzly River Run, is also closed for a six week refurbishment this winter. Grizzly reopens next week, and it will be interesting to see what they did there. There has been a lot of construction and work seen over the walls there in the past few weeks. Although, when I rode Grizzly last fall it seemed in great condition aesthetically and operationally, after having another refurbishment earlier in 2012.

misterID

I don't know how anybody "likes" the information in this post. It's depressing to me.
And it's just another reason why we are seriously considering eliminating our DAK day (or half day) from all our future trips, and replacing it with a trip 5 miles up I-4 ;)

For me, my like was more "appreciative for real info and insight" but I agree about losing the DAK day. I never considered it a full day park, but its offerings don't even give you that ONE attraction that you'll go to the park to ride despite the stuff that doesn't appeal to you.

hoke2007

That's not good to hear.

What's interesting is that Anaheim's version of Kali, DCA's Grizzly River Run, is also closed for a six week refurbishment this winter. Grizzly reopens next week, and it will be interesting to see what they did there. There has been a lot of construction and work seen over the walls there in the past few weeks. Although, when I rode Grizzly last fall it seemed in great condition aesthetically and operationally, after having another refurbishment earlier in 2012.

I'm sure Grizzly will look great when it reopens. Disneyland seems to be run by people who want their attractions to be in pristine condition. And the people who go to Disneyland will not tolerate anything less than perfection. I know that a lot of on this site want change, but I feel like the typical Disney customer only visits a few times in their life and don't know how much quality has slipped over the years.

MerlinTheGoat

Of course no one likes the news about another attraction falling apart. We can like posts for several reasons. Sometimes we like them because we enjoy hearing the contents. But in others such as this, we like the posts because it's a gesture of appreciation to the person who went out of their way to find the info and post it. A "thanks for sharing this info" basically. I certainly hate that this Kali has fallen further into disrepair, but i'm grateful to Martin for posting about it. I like to keep track of both good AND bad news at Disney and also think it's good he's bringing these problems to light.

My only wonder is whether this is simply a leftover remnant from the previous president and future refurbs will be better, or if this is an indication of what George's rule will be like as well...

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Of course no one likes the news about another attraction falling apart. We can like posts for several reasons. Sometimes we like them because we enjoy hearing the contents. But in others such as this, we like the posts because it's a gesture of appreciation to the person who went out of their way to find the info and post it. A "thanks for sharing this info" basically. I certainly hate that this Kali has fallen further into disrepair, but i'm grateful to Martin for posting about it. I like to keep track of both good AND bad news at Disney and also think it's good he's bringing these problems to light.

My only wonder is whether this is simply a leftover remnant from the previous president and future refurbs will be better, or if this is an indication of what George's rule will be like as well...

That was a like for writing something I was thinking, but too lazy to write out.

TP2000

I'm sure Grizzly will look great when it reopens. Disneyland seems to be run by people who want their attractions to be in pristine condition. And the people who go to Disneyland will not tolerate anything less than perfection. I know that a lot of on this site want change, but I feel like the typical Disney customer only visits a few times in their life and don't know how much quality has slipped over the years.

I totally get your point, but "pristine" is a strong word. Things are noticeably better maintained at Disneyland, but often things there aren't always "pristine". I'd save that word for Tokyo Disneyland, where things literally are pristine everywhere you look.

Compared to WDW, maintenance and showmanship are noticeably better at Disneyland Resort, especially on attractions with animatronics and lots of technical effects, or with parades and nighttime spectaculars where the stagecraft and presentation looks more polished. But the Disneyland Resort parks have not actually achieved total perfection, they just try a bit harder than their counterparts in WDW right now.

spacemt354

Chili's

Yes I know. I didn't say that as an insult so if you were offended then I apologize.

It's appreciated to be informed, but it's terrible news indeed. And it's coming from a credible source such as Martin, which in a way makes it even worse because now I know it's true..

Californian Elitist

I totally get your point, but "pristine" is a strong word. Things are noticeably better maintained at Disneyland, but often things there aren't always "pristine". I'd save that word for Tokyo Disneyland, where things literally are pristine everywhere you look.

Compared to WDW, maintenance and showmanship are noticeably better at Disneyland Resort, especially on attractions with animatronics and lots of technical effects, or with parades and nighttime spectaculars where the stagecraft and presentation looks more polished. But the Disneyland Resort parks have not actually achieved total perfection, they just try a bit harder than their counterparts in WDW right now.

Agreed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom