Kali River Rapids reopens.... and guess what??

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Since all threads on DAK always go back to the broken Yeti, I'll continue the thread drift.

Anyone have an idea of the hourly capacity of Everest? What capacity would they need to make up elsewhere in order to take down EE? 2000ppl/hr? 1000ppl/hr?

Eeyore13

Since all threads on DAK always go back to the broken Yeti, I'll continue the thread drift.

Anyone have an idea of the hourly capacity of Everest? What capacity would they need to make up elsewhere in order to take down EE? 2000ppl/hr? 1000ppl/hr?
Personally, I don't think they would end up having to make up for the complete capacity of Everest. A lot of people would spend less time in AK.

Tom Morrow

Everest can do just over 2000 riders per hour, but you also have to factor in everyone waiting to ride it.

CDavid

I am always fascinated by the idea that the Animal Kingdom was a half day park and then when Expedition Everest was added it was suddenly a full day park. The lines weren't that long.

Everest is indeed a big draw for the park, but no, one ride cannot literally extend a half-day experience into one that takes the entire day. It no doubt gets people into Animal Kingdom in the first place, and probably some people end up hanging around the place longer (maybe waiting for a Fast-Pass time or a long standby queue) but no single attraction constitutes a half-day all by itself.

TP2000

This is why nonsense such as is the sorry state of Kali happens. The man responsible got rewarded for it. The other vice-presidents at WDW all have taken notice: TWDC promotes those who increase the numbers of their own unit, and do so in the short term. Unless you want to be the village idiot, a WDW manager knows: the good of the whole or of the long term be damned.

This is saddening to think about, but you likely have a very valid point. And it would help explain the pathetic state of DAK's major E Tickets (and their 3D show, and their carnival rides, and their parade).

rle4lunch

Unless they lengthen this ride by at least a minute or two, there is no reason to ever ride it again. Bad, bad excuse for a water ride. Yes, you want the rider to get wet, but the extra amount of water on this thing doesn't account for how short it is. I'll never ride this again, even if they do fix the other stuff that's still jacked up.

cheezbat

I remember my first visit after they built this ride: I was so looking forward to it. After riding it I was very disappointed. I love rapids rides, and after riding Popeye and Blutos, I guess my expectations were high. Aside from a beautiful queue and the big drop, the ride sucks.

Beholder

It does seem like any thread concerning AK will usually come around to the Yeti. It makes me wonder if, within internal company meetings that are primarily about AK, the Yeti comes up there also? Probably not, but I guess as "fans", we tend to care a lot more than some of the "suits". Of course, if Pandora/Avatar is actually built, then perhaps that would provide an opportunity to fix EE. I don't expect them to, but it's a chance to make things right.

RSoxNo1

Everest can do just over 2000 riders per hour, but you also have to factor in everyone waiting to ride it.

To get to that 2000 guests per hour, they need to dispatch a train every 60 seconds. Do you know that 2000 # for certain? I would expect it to be closer to 1800 on most days.

EPCOTCenterLover

Does anyone know exactly when the fire effect was turned off? I just noticed that it wasn't working in a video that I made in 2011. It's a shame that the few effects that this ride has are being shut off or minimized. Half of the time the mist on the lift hill is turned off. The geyser fountain after the lift sometimes is turned off and never soaks guests anymore. Now the deforestation scene has been turned off. Whats left? Just the smoke smell. Very sad because I actually really like this ride, what little there is of it. Disney get your sh*t together!

I've been to DAK six times and in each and every ride on Kali, I have never seen fire!

The Empress Lilly

Everest ride capacity is 2060 an hour. Trains dispatch every 56 seconds or so.

New to the boards, but I figured I'd at least contribute something.
Your membership date is almost the exact date of Everest's opening - and after seven years of icy silence, your very first post discusses Everest, with uncannily precise information.

I must ask - are you the Yeti's ghost?

TalkingHead

Best thing about that video of Kali is the father and son who ride shirtless. Wonder if a CM said anything like, "You have to be fully clothed to enjoy this park."

Actually, I did appreciate the video for reminding me why I haven't been on this ride in 10+ years. There's hardly anything to see on the ride other than plants, which I can see by just walking around DAK (or around Leu Gardens or around my neighborhood).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom