Just had to butt in....

Tiggerfanatic

Original Poster
Was having dinner at Cracker Barrel this evening, and the table next to me (family of 6) started talking about Disney and, and naturally my ears tuned in. The daughter (late 20's) started arguing with her Mom on how long the Aniaml Kingdom had been opened. Mom kept saying she had pictures of the kids on the safari, and the daughter argued that it ws impossible because the AK had only been open for 4 years. It got to the point where they were actually yelling, and I was afraid they were going to start throwing food. I finally leaned over and asked if I could please interrupt, and told them the park had opened in 1998, and I knew that because I was there that year. The mom thanks me profusely, and turned to her daughter and said, "See! I'm not as senile as you think I am!" I quietly picked up my check and left, just chuckling to myself.

Tom

Beta Return
Was having dinner at Cracker Barrel this evening, and the table next to me (family of 6) started talking about Disney and, and naturally my ears tuned in. The daughter (late 20's) started arguing with her Mom on how long the Aniaml Kingdom had been opened. Mom kept saying she had pictures of the kids on the safari, and the daughter argued that it ws impossible because the AK had only been open for 4 years. It got to the point where they were actually yelling, and I was afraid they were going to start throwing food. I finally leaned over and asked if I could please interrupt, and told them the park had opened in 1998, and I knew that because I was there that year. The mom thanks me profusely, and turned to her daughter and said, "See! I'm not as senile as you think I am!" I quietly picked up my check and left, just chuckling to myself.

Argh! I've wanted to do that so many times when hearing people discuss Disney using wrong information. You're brave! :sohappy:

harveyt0206

Sounds like me and my mom. We hardly ever argue, but when we do it is usually over something stupid like this and something that is easy to verify. Yet, we stand around and argue about it instead.

Jessie&Buzz

Good for you! I hate when people use the wrong info. I'm not perfect myself but thanks to this site I know a lot more than before. Also I will always remember when AK opened because my dd was born in 1998. In fact AK opened on the day one of her friends was born. Can't ever forget it!

disneygirl1

Ha Ha Ha!!! :ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL: Great story! Good for you for chiming in!!! It;s it funny how quick you get tuned into someones conversation when they are talking about Disney!!! It's like radar or something! I swear I can hear someone talking about Disney a mile away!!! :ROFLOL:

mcstensrud

I had a guy sitting next to me at AI at DHS,Telling his friend that this spot is where Millionare use to be.I corrected him and said Millionare was where Toy Story is now.He didnt believe me?I guess he is never wrong.
If I am please correct me :shrug:

kstella

I had a guy sitting next to me at AI at DHS,Telling his friend that this spot is where Millionare use to be.I corrected him and said Millionare was where Toy Story is now.He didnt believe me?I guess he is never wrong.
If I am please correct me :shrug:

You are right.

CastleBound

haha, thats a great story!! I love/hate listening to misinformed people when they talk about anything that I know more of. It always makes for a good laugh!

DizneyPryncess

That's a great story! :lol:

Reminds me of a time that a girl came into my boutique. I have some pictures from my disney-themed wedding around the store. She was looking at them, and started telling her friend about how she loves Disney. She loves it so much that she "called to book the castle room but it was booked for 5 years and costs a few thousand dollars to rent."

I laughed to myself but let her go. She was the type that probably would've argued w/me if I tried to tell her that people can't book the castle suite.

haha thats a funny story :ROFLOL: I always want to do that when people say the wrong info on Disney......

Pooh Lover

I am so tempted every time I hear conversations like that to put in my 2 cents. If it seems like I'll be helping them by giving it I will, otherwise I try to keep quiet. I've learned so much from all the Disney sites out there and these forums that its not hard to feel a little like a Disney know it all compared to the average person. :lol:

Goof-Man

One that bugs me...

The one that gets me the most is when someone tries to tell me they were in Florida and did not go to Disney, but they went to Epcot.:brick:

yankspy

Funny story. It reminds me of the time I saw Chip and Dale and a woman yelled to her son, "Look, Alvin and the Chipmunks". I turned to my Wife and said in a loud voice "Look hun, Chip and Dale". The woman just sort of gave me a perplexed look.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom