Just for fun...Best WDW Deodorant

wvdisneyfamily

Original Poster
I enjoy the nice girly feeling of Secret. However, beware of the gels! Girls (and guys) they are SHORT-LIVED! Multiple applications are required for a pleasant, stinkless trip! LOL!

WDWFigment

How is this relevant to anything that has to do with Disney? I don't go in the parks thinking "WOULD YOU SMELL THE DEODORANT ON THAT GUY!"

Because no one wants to smell B.O. in that long outdoor queue for Jungle Cruise. Lighten up, dude, threads like this can be fun.

When I asked this same question on here, the overwhelming majority of men seemed to prefer Degree to anything else. Speed Stick was definitely the deodorant NOT to get!

I strongly recommend throwing a stick of whatever anyone takes in their park-bag (if they carry a bag in the parks)!:wave:

The Mom

Premium Member
I prefer extra strength, non-residue, goes on dry, unscented...any brand. I find that anything with a scent gets old by noontime. :lookaroun

I almost always take a break back in my resort to shower(again) and change clothes during the hotter weather, so don't pack my deoderant in my bag.

My mother had no body hair, nor any perspiration, so never had to shave or use deoderant. I honestly was NEVER ever able to smell any sweat on her, regardless of the temperature/activity. I, unfortunately, did not inherit those traits. :rolleyes:

tigsmom

I use Degree and never have a problem.

The secret is to not use plain deodorant, you want an antiperspirant (stops the sweating) deodorant (stops the smell) combo.

The DH likes the OldSpice combo.

crazydaveh

I use Mitchum for men and my wife even bought me some of that AXE Spray stuff to use.

It gets hot out there, it really is bad when you know the funk you're smelling is coming from no one else!

I always take a change of clothes, even if I'm not staying at the resort and change midway through the day, I feel better and I know people around me are much happier!

wvdisneyfamily

Original Poster
How is this relevant to anything that has to do with Disney? I don't go in the parks thinking "WOULD YOU SMELL THE DEODORANT ON THAT GUY!"

You know, "What kind of deodorant are you wearing, sir?" would be an excellent question for THAT GUY at Monster's Inc! I could see Buddy Boil right now...:ROFLOL:

maelstrom

Deodorant and I... we don't get along. Rather, anti-perspirant and I don't get along. Anti-perspirant says, "I shall defeat you, evil sweat glands!", and my underarms say, "yeah, mhmm, sure, right", *cue excessive perspiration that cannot be stopped*.

I use Secret "ultimate clear - cool essentials" and Degree "ultra clear", but neither really stops the perspiration, and it can only cover up the odor from excessive perspiration for so long.

I try, really, but my body likes to sweat excessively. My hands are always wet, too. I think there's an actual disorder attributed to this.

Cmdr_Crimson

Ahh a hot summer day and the smell of feet wrapped in leathery burnt bacon is all around you. Your either at a Fanboy Convention or the Que for Peter Pans Flight..Frankly I just use Right Guard Gel and a little squirt of Axe and or Tag.

EpcotGrl

I sweat a LOT (which I attribute to living in the tropics and having to walk everywhere I go--do not shatter my precious illusions! :lol: ), and use either Secret Platinum or Degree--and I always take a small trial size with me to the parks.

I HATE that feeling you get in the middle of the afternoon when you smell something funky, look around, and realize...oh, it's ME :eek: This is why I insist on mid-day showers ;)

wvdisneyfamily

Original Poster
Wet Dog (Monsters Inc.)

Ha!!! Can't get enough of that show!

You know...maybe the resorts should give out free deodorant like they do the soap and shampoo. The old red and black soap used to say "everybody clean now?" or something like that.

takeleus

I love this thread.

Degree Sport and a travel size for in the parks.

And can we share this thread with the foreign tour groups that forgot to pack there deodorant.

How about an added thought! I’m Gellin’ they are great for walking all day in the parks.

elpack

I use Secret - but the spray version..

And since I came out of lurkdom to answer I will also mention the use of antiperspirants in eliminating blisters on feet! It really works

MsSnuzi

I use Secret - but the spray version..

And since I came out of lurkdom to answer I will also mention the use of antiperspirants in eliminating blisters on feet! It really works

4 posts since 2005 - you do lurk :ROFLOL: welcome above ground! It can get pretty bright up here - don't for the shades! :cool:

Miss Bell

Secret for me. BTW--if you put anti-perspirant on the bottoms of your feet before your shoes and socks, you won't get blisters on them. I only do this at WDW, and it always works.
:)

wvdisneyfamily

Original Poster
I love this thread.

And can we share this thread with the foreign tour groups that forgot to pack there deodorant.

How about an added thought! I’m Gellin’ they are great for walking all day in the parks.

YES!!!!

Gellin' gave me blisters!:cry:

KingStefan

I sweat a LOT, and the best thing for me underarms, between toes, and other places unmentionable where I sweat a lot and get rashes is extra strength Gold Bond powder (the green bottle). It has menthol and is nice and absorbent. It works great and keeps me from chafing. Try it! You might want to start with the gold bottle, because the green bottle ROCKS!

wdwmomof3

I love this thread.

I use Secret and it works great for me. :D

I must say that I almost DIED at Turtle Talk with Crush when a foreign lady sat down beside me who must not have been wearing ANY at all. :eek: I started feeling sick but I thought it would be rude to move so I sat there. :hammer:Thank goodness her baby started to cry and would not stop so they got up and went to the back. I was saved by a crying baby.

No one likes the smell of BO!!:hurl:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom