Just experienced several WDW disappointments

mousefan1972

It wouldn't bother me if they did this for all PS times. I can't tell you how mad that I got when I read that some people booked two different times to eat so that if they couldn't make one they would have a backup. This is not very considerate for the other families that would like one of those times.

Slight thread drift, but this drives me nuts, too. I just read a TR on this site where the poster mentioned having 3 dinner reservations, all for the same night, at 5, 7, and 8:30 p.m. So, that means there were at least 2 other parties that could not dine at the restaurant in question b/c the ADR was "taken" by someone who had no intention of using it. :brick:
Very inconsiderate, IMHO.

Jerm

I was upset that Disney discriminates against annual pass holders. As far as I am concerned I purchased theme park passes and if I am staying onsite I should be able to add on a dining plan.

OH by the way, I have Universal annual passes, go there all the time and get their dining plan every time, (even without staying onsite). we love it.

Disney does discriminates against annual pass holders you are SO RIGHT....you don't spend as much money as normal guests and they offer special discounts for you. Gosh I never thought of it that way:brick:

About Universal....figures! Do you enjoy the Water Parks also?

J

L Fisher

We're going in Oct and it'll be my daughters 1st trip to WDW:sohappy: I wanted her to experience CC as I did when I was a child. I knew about pre-paying so I was prepared when I called, or so I thought..Booked solid the length of our stay. The CM at grand gatherings told me to call back everyday to see if there was any openings because many people change their plans etc..So I did this and I was so happy to get a table for breakfast(which I wanted)
It's because of the no shows we have to pre-pay instead of walking up to the castle the day we're there.
Don't let all of this stuff upset you because I learned 4wks life's to short..Share each and every moment with your family and enjoy your trip.:wave:

kaylasmom

Apparently it is not only Disney that discriminates against some annual passholders, but some of the posters on here who for some ridiculous reason believe that we pay less because of an annual pass. Pardon me whilst I laugh! Anyone that is an annual passholder spends just as much IF not more than non passholders because we go more often and spend a lot of money each time we go. I know I do. Most annual passholders go to Disney for every special event, and all that trekking, eating, drinking, and collecting adds up after a while.

Anyway, I think some of the policies are a bit silly myself. Say for instance someone doesn't show up for a reservation for CRT. Disney will charge you for the no-show, but then is just going to fill that table with the first walk-up who comes in. Do you think they are just going to let a table sit empty? Nope. So essentially, they will make double money. At least that's the way it sounds to me.

And what if a guest doesn't have a credit card? Should they not be permitted to make priority seating arrangements because they choose to pay with cash? I just think that's silly.

But Disney policies are what they are.... gotta live with em'.

Oh, but apparently you're not supposed to gripe about things you don't like, so SHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

wannab@dis

Apparently it is not only Disney that discriminates against some annual passholders, but some of the posters on here who for some ridiculous reason believe that we pay less because of an annual pass. Pardon me whilst I laugh! Anyone that is an annual passholder spends just as much IF not more than non passholders because we go more often and spend a lot of money each time we go. I know I do. Most annual passholders go to Disney for every special event, and all that trekking, eating, drinking, and collecting adds up after a while.

Anyway, I think some of the policies are a bit silly myself. Say for instance someone doesn't show up for a reservation for CRT. Disney will charge you for the no-show, but then is just going to fill that table with the first walk-up who comes in. Do you think they are just going to let a table sit empty? Nope. So essentially, they will make double money. At least that's the way it sounds to me.

And what if a guest doesn't have a credit card? Should they not be permitted to make priority seating arrangements because they choose to pay with cash? I just think that's silly.

But Disney policies are what they are.... gotta live with em'.

Oh, but apparently you're not supposed to gripe about things you don't like, so SHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
Maybe you would be better off not going...

kaylasmom

Nah... I'll continue to go with my annual pass, reaping its bountiful and limitless benefits, spending my money as I wish, praising the things I love and complaining about the things that I don't! Thanks very much :wave:

Fantasyland-er

Certain things like CRT do need to be pre-paid due to the high # of no shows. I had no problems prepaing for the Fantasmic package and whould have none for CRT, if I could ever get a ressie!

And I am not complaining, I just want the opportunity to be able to purchase it (the DDP) like everyone else.

I wasnt saying that you were compaining... I was talking about Frank 2271, sorry for the misunderstanding

frank2271

Original Poster
I wasnt saying that you were compaining... I was talking about Frank 2271, sorry for the misunderstanding

No, I think I'll continue to go to WDW. Since I live only 88 miles away it's kinda hard not to. I can't help it if I have a mind of my own and like to voice my opinion. That's what these boards are about.

As Bill O'rielly would say, "you just keep on enjoying that Kool-Aid".

DisneyGigi

No, I think I'll continue to go to WDW. Since I live only 88 miles away it's kinda hard not to. I can't help it if I have a mind of my own and like to voice my opinion. That's what these boards are about.

Maybe you should pick up a guide book, the info about CRT and the prepay/ credit card is in there. That way you would have been prepared when making the ressies and besides.... it is taken care of, one less thing to worry about. :wave:

frank2271

Original Poster
Maybe you should pick up a guide book, the info about CRT and the prepay/ credit card is in there. That way you would have been prepared when making the ressies and besides.... it is taken care of, one less thing to worry about. :wave:

I checked out the WDW web site and it did not mention pre-pay for CRT. It did mention it for the dinner shows, but not CRT.

I thought that the WDW website would be a great "guide" for this trip. I guess Disney needs to update it.

Fantasyland-er

No, no I understand everyone has their opinions and I respect that. You are so Lucky I just moved home (to the boston area... small world huh?) and I miss Disney so much.

Fantasyland-er

I grew up in Stoughton, MA, moved here in 1993 after getting married to my high school sweet heart.

We love it and couldn't imagine moving back up there.

Yeah I'm from Braintree, I just did the Disney College Program for 5 months and moved back up in may. I lived in orlando though so it was very touristy, if fact a tourist hit my car ARG!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I'll chime in..

Disney's call center sucks. It does, we know it does, it and the website battle each other for being the most crap-tastic place on earth. When I worked at the call center, people comitted suicide and moral was known as the worst in the company.

Things have improved slightly since then.

In short, policy is policy - very true - HOWEVER!

The CM should have described the situation and the policy to you in a manner which was not berating, condescending, snarky, nor confusing. You should have left the conversation happy to have spoken to the CM despite anything that went wrong - you should feel that they did everything that they could do for you. The CM should not make excuses, ________ you off, or otherwise ruin your day and give you a "deal with it jerk" attitude.

They should of been able to tell you the menu too. If not, they can call the restaurant and talk to the General Manager and discuss options or possibly evne the head chef - all while holding your reservation. A call-center CM better not chime in and say they can't because darn it I used to do it regularly. Incase anyopne cares - i've gone as far as to call the building next door and have someone walk over to the restaurant because they weren't answering their phone. Ha! Just try to tell me they have no power at the call center.

No, just no initiative to not be twits. They are paid on a comission system. They can call it "incentive" to be more PC all they want, but the number of dollars per hour they earn translates directly to how much they are paid.

Oh, and you went to the survey because someone hung up on you. They didn't want to deal with the call and they just dropped you. It is not a mastiake, the system has been changed so it's not a button right next to the transfer button anymore - they blatantly hung up.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Did I mention we are bring our 10 year old son? Either way, my wife loves the place because we went there on our honeymoon.
When you made the ressie, did you have them note that it was your anniversary?
Now that you have your number, you can call back and add the information...also pursue questions about alternate vegitarian offerings.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I'll chime in..

Disney's call center sucks. It does, we know it does, it and the website battle each other for being the most crap-tastic place on earth. When I worked at the call center, people comitted suicide and moral was known as the worst in the company.

Things have improved slightly since then.

In short, policy is policy - very true - HOWEVER!

The CM should have described the situation and the policy to you in a manner which was not berating, condescending, snarky, nor confusing. You should have left the conversation happy to have spoken to the CM despite anything that went wrong - you should feel that they did everything that they could do for you. The CM should not make excuses, ________ you off, or otherwise ruin your day and give you a "deal with it jerk" attitude.

They should of been able to tell you the menu too. If not, they can call the restaurant and talk to the General Manager and discuss options or possibly evne the head chef - all while holding your reservation. A call-center CM better not chime in and say they can't because darn it I used to do it regularly. Incase anyopne cares - i've gone as far as to call the building next door and have someone walk over to the restaurant because they weren't answering their phone. Ha! Just try to tell me they have no power at the call center.

No, just no initiative to not be twits. They are paid on a comission system. They can call it "incentive" to be more PC all they want, but the number of dollars per hour they earn translates directly to how much they are paid.

Oh, and you went to the survey because someone hung up on you. They didn't want to deal with the call and they just dropped you. It is not a mastiake, the system has been changed so it's not a button right next to the transfer button anymore - they blatantly hung up.

You are right, and the vast majority of folks I have dealt with at the call center continue to be great and go out of their way. If you get a dud, hang up and call again, how hard is that?

It still surprises me how people can cop such an attitude and be the first to criticize when that attitude is given back to them. Just like those I see on airplanes that go ballistic if someone is in their seat or if they get a middle seat and take it out on the attendant. Who is going to get what they ask for...someone screaming in your face telling you how stupid you are or someone who calmly identifies an issue and politely asks for a corrective action? :D

Rob562

Two replies in one:

I checked out the WDW web site and it did not mention pre-pay for CRT. It did mention it for the dinner shows, but not CRT.

I thought that the WDW website would be a great "guide" for this trip. I guess Disney needs to update it.

Actually, it is listed on the CRT page:
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/dining/diningDetail?id=CinderellasRoyalTableDiningPage
Under "Additional Information":
"A cancellation policy applies and may result in charges if you cancel with insufficient notice. Specific policies related to this facility will be detailed at time of reservation booking."

While I think about it, why can't Disney add my AP to my room key while I am staying there....a whole other discussion entirely.

Short answer: Because the resort key card system (which is what the key cards reference) is separate from the front gate ticketing system.

It's a bit more involved than that, as the front gates check with the resort computers on whether a ticket is valid, but that's the jist of it. There was a very long and quite information-filled post on here (or maybe it was on RADP) from a Guest Relations/Ticketing CM who explained exactly how it worked.
The resorts can only encode a ticket onto a key card that they themselves can sell. This means that Florida-Resident discount tickets, APs, Seasonal Passes and special foreign-market tickets cannot be encoded onto room keys. (In fact, the CM who posted said that in an extreme case, a CM who tries to do so could both kill the ticket as well as wipe out the hotel reservation...)

-Rob

flynnibus

Premium Member
I was upset that Disney discriminates against annual pass holders. As far as I am concerned I purchased theme park passes and if I am staying onsite I should be able to add on a dining plan.

DDP is a promotional package. I don't think it needs to be universally available. You chose another promotional package - the AP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom