Just experienced several WDW disappointments

frank2271

Original Poster
Two replies in one:

Actually, it is listed on the CRT page:
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/dining/diningDetail?id=CinderellasRoyalTableDiningPage
Under "Additional Information":
"A cancellation policy applies and may result in charges if you cancel with insufficient notice. Specific policies related to this facility will be detailed at time of reservation booking."

Short answer: Because the resort key card system (which is what the key cards reference) is separate from the front gate ticketing system.

It's a bit more involved than that, as the front gates check with the resort computers on whether a ticket is valid, but that's the jist of it. There was a very long and quite information-filled post on here (or maybe it was on RADP) from a Guest Relations/Ticketing CM who explained exactly how it worked.
The resorts can only encode a ticket onto a key card that they themselves can sell. This means that Florida-Resident discount tickets, APs, Seasonal Passes and special foreign-market tickets cannot be encoded onto room keys. (In fact, the CM who posted said that in an extreme case, a CM who tries to do so could both kill the ticket as well as wipe out the hotel reservation...)

-Rob

I checked out the link and I wanted to share with you the link for the Luau,

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/dining/diningDetail?id=DisneysSpiritofAlohaDinnerShowDiningPage

Here it says specifically that the show is pre-pay. Here are the exact words:

"Pre-payment is required. A cancellation policy applies and may result in charges if you cancel with insufficient notice. Specific policies related to this facility will be detailed at time of reservation booking."

All I'm saying is that I think the same notice should be on the CRT web page. I'm not the only one on WDW Magic that didn't know that CRT was pre-pay. I knew the Luau was, because it was on the website. (I did my homework)

I just wanted to note that I do appreciate all the great info people are offering me to help make this go more smoothly. You guys have once again proven why this forum is a wealth of knowledge. As I mentioned yesterday I did book my ressie and I'm looking forward to celebrating with my wife of 15 years, my son and Cindy.

Thanks again,

Frank

eastvillage

Maybe if they let AP holders purchase the DDP, then they could also let non-AP and non-FL residents purchase the DDE...hmmm. I like that option.

:drevil:

phichi17

Two replies in one:

Actually, it is listed on the CRT page:
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/dining/diningDetail?id=CinderellasRoyalTableDiningPage
Under "Additional Information":
"A cancellation policy applies and may result in charges if you cancel with insufficient notice. Specific policies related to this facility will be detailed at time of reservation booking."

Short answer: Because the resort key card system (which is what the key cards reference) is separate from the front gate ticketing system.

It's a bit more involved than that, as the front gates check with the resort computers on whether a ticket is valid, but that's the jist of it. There was a very long and quite information-filled post on here (or maybe it was on RADP) from a Guest Relations/Ticketing CM who explained exactly how it worked.
The resorts can only encode a ticket onto a key card that they themselves can sell. This means that Florida-Resident discount tickets, APs, Seasonal Passes and special foreign-market tickets cannot be encoded onto room keys. (In fact, the CM who posted said that in an extreme case, a CM who tries to do so could both kill the ticket as well as wipe out the hotel reservation...)

-Rob
Thanks for the explanation.
DDP is a promotional package. I don't think it needs to be universally available. You chose another promotional package - the AP.
I disagree. Promo packages are not normally available year-round. DDP is.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Thanks for the explanation.

I disagree. Promo packages are not normally available year-round. DDP is.

EMH is year-round.. and you can't get that either without specific conditions. That's just one example...

The point of promotions is to steer consumers - they often come with restrictions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom