Just booked Dec. 6-12 @ Polynesian!!!

UberMouse

My wife and I just booked our late 2009 trip for Dec. 6-12 at the Polynesian and we are so excited! I have stayed nearly everywhere, and at absolutely every deluxe, but this is the first time in my 32 years that I will have stayed at or even entered the lobby of the Poly. We have reservations at the Disney's Spirit of Aloha show, but that is it as of now. My Wife's Mother and Step-Father are meeting us down there and will be staying the week at the OLCC. Should be a lot of fun had by all.

-Jeff

wdwmomof3

Congratulations!! We just got back from Disney a couple of weeks ago and we ate at Kona Cafe and at 'Ohana at the Poly. They were both wonderful, but Kona was our favorite, better than Le Cellier. My DH was so happy with the resort that he is wanting to stay there the next time we go. We stayed at POR and loved it, but the Poly looks amazing. I hope you have a wonderful trip. Please let us know how you like it during your stay, because that's about the dates that we are looking at going next time. :)

Upvote 0

UberMouse

Original Poster
Will I need to make reservations in advance...Like right now for Kona Cafe' Breakfast? I will keep everyone posted on our experience via iphone when we get there too. I didn't sleep but maybe 4 hours last night, and we still have two months. This is going to be a long, long two months.

-Jeff

Upvote 0

mousefan1972

Will I need to make reservations in advance...Like right now for Kona Cafe' Breakfast? I will keep everyone posted on our experience via iphone when we get there too. I didn't sleep but maybe 4 hours last night, and we still have two months. This is going to be a long, long two months.

-Jeff

Definitely make reservations in advance for the Polynesian's table service restaurants. The "free dining" promotion was extended through December 17, so expect crowds at both Kona Cafe and 'Ohana. Good luck and I hope you have a great trip! I'll be there right after you; Dec. 17-26. :xmas:

Upvote 0

UberMouse

Original Poster
Definitely make reservations in advance for the Polynesian's table service restaurants. The "free dining" promotion was extended through December 17, so expect crowds at both Kona Cafe and 'Ohana. Good luck and I hope you have a great trip! I'll be there right after you; Dec. 17-26. :xmas:

Free dining??

Upvote 0

LarryStoken

My wife and I just booked our late 2009 trip for Dec. 6-12 at the Polynesian and we are so excited! I have stayed nearly everywhere, and at absolutely every deluxe, but this is the first time in my 32 years that I will have stayed at or even entered the lobby of the Poly. We have reservations at the Disney's Spirit of Aloha show, but that is it as of now. My Wife's Mother and Step-Father are meeting us down there and will be staying the week at the OLCC. Should be a lot of fun had by all.

-Jeff
The Polynesian is a great hotel for kids. Your kids will love it.

Upvote 0

dznygirl64

I was just there two weeks ago and we had a great time as always at the Poly.I would skip ohanas and stick with Kona and Capt Cooks the flat breat pizza there is very good.Check out Tikiman.com for info on the Poly resort.Really never been there before??? WOW

Upvote 0

wdwmomof3

Do you have any particulars on these specials? Thanks!

You can go to mousesavers.com and look under current discounts for Walt Disney World. Normally if there are any out there, they can be found there. Once you find a code, call Disney and add the discount to your vacation. Staying at the Poly, any discount will help. :lol:

Upvote 0

UberMouse

Original Poster
This just in...If you could save $551 by staying at the Beach Club instead would you? I have stayed at the YBC at least 6 times in the past, and I love it. Is the Poly worth the extra $551? We are annual Pass-holders, and they can save us if we stay there. We do like being able to walk to EPCOT.

-Jeff

Upvote 0

durangojim

We went throught this same decision (we're staying at the BC 11/29-12/6) and decided to go with the BC for a number of reasons: location proximity to EPCOT, the pool, and the money. We've stayed at the Poly in the past and prefer the Beach Club and love the ability to walk to and from Epcot as we please. The Poly is very nice, but not nicer then the BC IMO. We have two kids though, so you might feel differently, but as adults without kids, it's really great strolling thought EPCOT or even MGM in the evening and enjoying an adult beverage and then being able to walk back to your room or hop on the boat.

Upvote 0

josephkinn

Im the same way big kid at disney love it at Christmas time i would def get some priority seating asap if i were you. Ill be at POFQ 12-5 to 12-10 going it alone the 8th 9th and 10th. Feel free to Ask me questions.

Upvote 0

UberMouse

Original Poster
Very good points as well, and a bit of reinforcement for our decision. I went ahead and switched reservations to the BC for Dec. 6-12. Using Discount Code JYF since I am an annual Pass-holder saved us the $816.72. The Poly was not offering any discount that I could come up with, So 6 nights for $1,579.50 Vs $2,396.22 at the Poly. That paid for both of our Annual passes since we are Fl. Residents. Just another way Disney is saving me money... ;-)
:sohappy::sohappy:

-Jeff

Upvote 0

UberMouse

Original Poster
Im the same way big kid at disney love it at Christmas time i would def get some priority seating asap if i were you. Ill be at POFQ 12-5 to 12-10 going it alone the 8th 9th and 10th. Feel free to Ask me questions.

Thanks! POFQ is very nice! Just hoping the weather is as nice as it was last year when we were at the parks in early Dec. Oh, and SM better be up and running or someone will be very unhappy. :xmas:

Upvote 0

wdwmomof3

Very good points as well, and a bit of reinforcement for our decision. I went ahead and switched reservations to the BC for Dec. 6-12. Using Discount Code JYF since I am an annual Pass-holder saved us the $816.72. The Poly was not offering any discount that I could come up with, So 6 nights for $1,579.50 Vs $2,396.22 at the Poly. That paid for both of our Annual passes since we are Fl. Residents. Just another way Disney is saving me money... ;-)
:sohappy::sohappy:

-Jeff

Great discount!!! I would have done the same thing. :D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom