Just Back and a few complaints

BrerWayne

I agree wholeheartedly about bag check. My main complaint is them using their grubby hands to check. Why on God's green Earth are they not using gloves? Many of us carry baby bottles and other items that shouldn't be handled by strange hands. Not to mention, if I were a security guard, I'd want to protect myself against God knows what's inside some bags. Also, it'd be nice if people figured out that whole "guests without bags line" concept. That'd make it much easier.
I’d actually want to wear Kevlar gloves. There is no telling what people carry in bags.

Nj4mwc

Understood. But my brother's kids are also given clear time for gadgets and time for other things. No smartphones/iPads at the table (any meal), no smartphones or iPads two hours before bed. I won't criticize other people's parenting - but I don't think it's a black and white issue, either. (They're also really conservative Catholics so... maybe it just goes with the territory)
The electronics issue is a funny one, my kids have no time restrictions except no use during the school week. And most of the time the weekend will come and they won’t touch there stuff other days it’s all they want to do, but they still get dirty outside and play with sticks and rocks.., all those things people claim kids don’t do these days

Nj4mwc

I’d actually want to wear Kevlar gloves. There is no telling what people carry in bags.
Oh man Kevlar gloves in that Florida heat, your hands will smell like a rotting carcass at the end of your shift but yeah I agree I’d want them for safety

ELG13

The electronics issue is a funny one, my kids have no time restrictions except no use during the school week. And most of the time the weekend will come and they won’t touch there stuff other days it’s all they want to do, but they still get dirty outside and play with sticks and rocks.., all those things people claim kids don’t do these days
Ours are similar. Absolutely none during school week...except for a show on Netflix at night and before school during breakfast on the tv. If we go out to dinner then they get the phones so they keep occupied...that's about it...unless it's a rainy day and we are stuck inside we are all outside.

draybook

If those are all your complaints then WDW is doing pretty well. These parks are designed for children, children dig the bubble wands, and thus there will be bubbles. And like @1LE McQueen said (nice username, btw), I'll take the minor inconvenience of waiting in a bag line for an extra sense of security.

You said it, "sense of security". Have a good night.

The Empress Lilly

Yes. They can see everything. I don't care. I have no secrets. I want to have fun. I advertise everything and they have never in over a decade of use have ever said anything to me. It is no secret. I am a woman. It happens. I deal with it. They deal with it. So be it. Enough said. My teenage daughter isn't even shy about it. It's a part of life. We have a clear backpack. They are so grateful. We are so fast through security. Deal.
Actually, I applaud your open attitude. Much better than stiff puritan secrecy.

I am Timmy

My kids got the bubble guns from disney long ago - those things really went through the bubble solution! That's where the real money is, having to refill those things constantly. I ate a lot of bubbles on our last trip, walking behind the kids bubbles factories. Eventually, my kids and I (ds 26, ds 23) started chasing them and dancing through them, that seemed to help keep them out of my mouth or on my glasses. The little ones had a lot of fun, too. Some of them didn't want to leave us.

mike45248

Original Poster
I really don't know why people are complaining. If you're not double-screening for Epcot, you're going through screening each time you leave the monorail at a monorail resort and get back on. Or going through screening at boat docks, even the walkway from the Contemporary to MK. It's now part of life to keep you safe. Just have your stuff ready and open before going through screening and stop complaining.
It is a false sense of security. If I wanted to bring a weapon into a park I could strap it to the bottom of a stroller. They don't make the children get out and pick up the strollers and look under neath them. Also you could get into MK without even being bag checked. Get on the monorail at Epcot and travel over to MK and transfer to the MK monorail and walk in. You are already on the inside of the screening when you get off the monorail at MK. Feel safe still?

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
uwkb6.jpg

Tuvalu

Also you could get into MK without even being bag checked. Get on the monorail at Epcot and travel over to MK and transfer to the MK monorail and walk in. You are already on the inside of the screening when you get off the monorail at MK. Feel safe still?
Wrong. The entrance to the monorail at Epcot is inside the park. You need to go thru security screening to enter Epcot before boarding the monorail to the TTC (there isn’t a direct monorail from Epcot to MK). The TTC is a secured area (everyone who enters has been screened) so guests riding the monorail or ferry to MK have been “checked” as you say.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
It is a false sense of security. If I wanted to bring a weapon into a park I could strap it to the bottom of a stroller. They don't make the children get out and pick up the strollers and look under neath them. Also you could get into MK without even being bag checked. Get on the monorail at Epcot and travel over to MK and transfer to the MK monorail and walk in. You are already on the inside of the screening when you get off the monorail at MK. Feel safe still?

Who/what/methodology of screening isnt the topic, its the segregation of the two categories of people in one location. The methodology can and is changed regularly as well as being in depth. Evasion was not being discussed.

mike45248

Original Poster
Wrong. The entrance to the monorail at Epcot is inside the park. You need to go thru security screening to enter Epcot before boarding the monorail to the TTC (there isn’t a direct monorail from Epcot to MK). The TTC is a secured area (everyone who enters has been screened) so guests riding the monorail or ferry to MK have been “checked” as you say.
NO Epcot monorail is on the outside of a secured area. That is my whole point. We did this twice last week. You leave Epcot secured area and walk up to the monorail at Epcot on the outside of security and board the monorail to TTC and then can board teh MK monorail .

po1998

We are so fast through security.
Doesn't matter how quick you get through the security process because of your clear backpack when it is your turn to be inspected. You still have to wait in line behind everyone else. That is what takes time. Clear backpack or not...when inspected or not is only a difference of a minute or so.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I've been on Internet forums since Madonna had her last hit album and these threads are the bread and butter of any forum. Maybe not the best bread and butter, but bread and butter nonetheless. (Bread and butter... just wanted to write it again).

I'm a gluten intolerant vegetarian

Disney4family

Doesn't matter how quick you get through the security process because of your clear backpack when it is your turn to be inspected. You still have to wait in line behind everyone else. That is what takes time. Clear backpack or not...when inspected or not is only a difference of a minute or so.
That's why I said Disney should sell them.
We do wait, but at least when it is our turn, we're done in a second. Every second counts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom