Just Arrived at Saratoga Springs! 76th vacation to WDW!

SMRT-1Michael

Original Poster
After an easy 2 hour car ride, were finally home again!
We checked in at 12:30. We had to wait about 30 minutes for our room to be ready. Once again, like our trip in March/April, we were honored with our request for a room in "the Springs". We are on the 3rd floor and have an awesome view of the ponds/fountains again (basically the same view we had last time).

Here are my priority seating dining reservations for this trip :animwink:

6/28/09 - Whispering Canyon
6/29/09 - Cape May Cafe
6/30/09 - Teppan Edo
7/1/09 - Jiko
7/2/09 - California Grill
7/3/09 - Artist Point
7/4/09 - Ohana​

SMRT-1Michael

Original Poster
Last night we ate at Whispering Canyon. We had the Canyon Skillet of course. We returned from MK today at around 2:30. We went swimming in the High Rock Springs Pool. Now were getting ready to eat dinner at Cape May Cafe. I think we might even watch a movie on the beach or head over to the BoardWalk after.

More to come!

worldfanatic

Looking forward to your Teppan Edo remarks. We've never eaten at the sit down restaurants in the Japan pavillion. We love Japanese food though, got hooked on Kimono's over at the Swan back in 2002 and we keep going back. We're always saying we're gonna try Edo or Tokyo Dining.

SMRT-1Michael

Original Poster
Looking forward to your Teppan Edo remarks. We've never eaten at the sit down restaurants in the Japan pavillion. We love Japanese food though, got hooked on Kimono's over at the Swan back in 2002 and we keep going back. We're always saying we're gonna try Edo or Tokyo Dining.

Last night (6/30/09) we had dinner at Teppan Edo. We absolutely love the habachi and their sushi is amazing. We've eaten at Kimonos at Kona Sushi bar and this is by far our favorite Japanese restaurant in Disney. Next time your at WDW, it is a must do. :)

SMRT-1Michael

Original Poster
We just got back from Typhoon Lagoon. The crowds were reasonable. Tonight is dinner at Jiko!! Im so looking forward to the Oak Grilled Filet Mignon with Mac and Cheese!!

worldfanatic

We just got back from Typhoon Lagoon. The crowds were reasonable. Tonight is dinner at Jiko!! Im so looking forward to the Oak Grilled Filet Mignon with Mac and Cheese!!

Your becoming my personal food critic. :)
Sounds like Teppan Edo is a must go for us. Now Jiko's in your sights.
I've got my ADR's lined up for Jiko in September.
On a another thread, I just had 2 people recommend the Mac & Cheese Filet. Sounds yummy. Can't wait to see if you confirm their opinions.

SMRT-1Michael

Original Poster
Tonight we had dinner at Jiko and all I can say is Oh my Gosh! This restaurant is easily on my Top 5 list. I had I Oak Grilled Filet Mignon with Mac and Cheese. My filet was cooked to perfection. It' such a nice atmosphere to be around in and I just love it! :)

Afterwards, we checked out Kidani Village-pretty awesome. We have 3 more vacations this year in August (BCV), Thankgiving week in November(BLT) and then the week after Thankgiving week in December (BWV), and I think our March/Spring Break trip in 2010 is going to have to be at AKV.

After Kidani Village we went to Beaches and Cream for-you guessed it- The Kitchen Sink! YUM! :slurp:

Tomorrow we are planning on renting a pontoon boat at Polynesian, and then maybe lunch at Captain Cooks.

Dinner is at California Grill tomorrow!

More to come!

worldfanatic

Glad Jiko was so awesome! Can't wait to try it! Also can't wait to explore Kidani.
Must be nice to live so close and be able to visit so often. I do the same with the Disneyland Resort, but obviously there's so much more to see out there.
I haven't been to the California grill since 2002, but we're going next May for sure. We sat in the small room in the back when we went. At first I was disapointed because we couldn't see the fireworks, but after a while, I realized we had the best spot in the restaurant. We didn't even leave the room to view them. Enjoyed our intimate atmosphere too much.
Look forward to your thoughts. Keep the info coming.

SMRT-1Michael

Original Poster
Today we chartered a boat at the Polynesian and went out on Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon for an hour. We havent done that in a while (besides renting the Mouseboats) so it was nice. We relaxed at Saratoga for a bit too.

Bay Lake Tower (one of our home resorts) is looking soooo nice! Going there Thanksgiving week!

Tonight we ate dinner at the California Grill. I had the Tempura Sushi Roll Appetizer with the Columbia River Salmon Entree. We watched Wishes from the California Grill also.

Tomorrow is Animal Kingdom! Going to take a peek at Kidani Village after AK.

:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom