Just a thought on Epcot's 25th...

Change World Shocase!

what disney needs to do is make the World Shocase more. . . Kid Friendley with more rides, from all the people i hear is that their kids didnt like the "islands" as they called them, I know historians or people who like to travel like to see this stuff but were running out of those kind of people it's the 21 century. I would like to see some sort of ride in the World Shocase so it will bring more little kids. Just a thought of what i think needs to happen!

KumbaRider

Original Poster
Although I'd be exciting to see such an addition connecting The Land and TLS, it seems highly unlikely such an addition would be added to an already additionally congested Land. Yet at the same time, it is possible they add an addition to TLS in that general direction but don't have the two connected. Interesting thought.

Although it would also be nice to see something added to WS. A good alternative might be the Germany boat ride, considering most of the space could still be used or converted into usable space. That would be fun.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
MickeyMan101 said:
what disney needs to do is make the World Shocase more. . . Kid Friendley with more rides, from all the people i hear is that their kids didnt like the "islands" as they called them, I know historians or people who like to travel like to see this stuff but were running out of those kind of people it's the 21 century. I would like to see some sort of ride in the World Shocase so it will bring more little kids. Just a thought of what i think needs to happen!

And this is where the phrase "The dumbing down of America" is appropriate.

I could care less if "kids" like the WS or not. It was not intended to be a thrill section of the park. If you want thrills, go to your local trash ridden, punk teenager run Six Flags park. If you want quality entertainment and source for knowledge, go to the WS at Epcot.

wdwishes2005

hakunamatata said:

I could care less if "kids" like the WS or not. It was not intended to be a thrill section of the park. If you want thrills, go to your local trash ridden, punk teenager run Six Flags park. If you want quality entertainment and source for knowledge, go to the WS at Epcot.
whoa, that was a little harsh. he never said "thrills" he just said a couple of kid friendly rides, and i agree.

monorail256

ZapperZ said:
I would rather they just bring back Tapestry of Nations. I love that parade and the music. Having that and Illuminations on one CD was a blast!

Zz.

I'm with you on bringing that parade back...
It is still today, one of my favorite parades ever...

EpcotMark

Slow Down Everyone

Imag will not be closing anytime soon. They just replaced the show for crying out loud. Dreamfinder Fans will have to wait

WOL is not closed for good. It will reopen in December like last yaer. They still use that building for conventions and meetings like the Odyssey. IT DOES NOT LEAK. Epcot maintains that building since they still use it.

Living Seas does not leak either. They routinely replace the seals on the windows. It will close however on August 21 to update the preshow, etc.

As far as Spaceship Earth is concerned, it is NOT closing anytime soon. They just added lighting and wall decor in the global neighborhood to make it look less unattractive and less boring. I encourage all of you to write letters to TEAM Disney in California saying that Spaceship Earth's theme should remain the way it is. After all, Communication is the beginning of understanding. Given these modern times of hatred and bigotry in this world, the need for more understanding on our planet has never been greater.

"Since the Dawn or Recorded Time, communication has revolutionized our lives, and changed our world. We now have the ability and the responsibility to build new bridges of acceptance and cooperation between us; to create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth

General Grizz

hakunamatata said:

I think they can definitely keep the same feel (which is really something great) and add in a few rides. This *was* the plan back in the 80s. Germany had a ride... Japan had a thrill ride... Japan had a carousel theater... etc. etc.

If these projects are done tastefully with culture in mind, it can help increase the park's entertainment and maintain its uniqueness and purpose.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
General Grizz said:
I think they can definitely keep the same feel (which is really something great) and add in a few rides. This *was* the plan back in the 80s. Germany had a ride... Japan had a thrill ride... Japan had a carousel theater... etc. etc.

If these projects are done tastefully with culture in mind, it can help increase the park's entertainment and maintain its uniqueness and purpose.

General, I would agree, if they had put the attractions in back in the 80's, but given the current environment, I doubt seriously we will see the "educational" attractions of the past. Thats why I dread any rehab to SE.

Connor002

Originally Posted by General Grizz

more attractions in WS would also help better distribute the crowds

just want to throw that out there

Skippy

ah.. educational rides.

it's so sad to see that most of the newest rides lack that where in older rides you could learn while enjoying yourself...

the only newer attraction that i think really works in that aspect is turtle talk, and even that can be pushed so much more than what it is now.

Glasgow

I find that the best rides are the ones that are most immersive - ones where you don't realize where you are once you are in the building. When experiencing a thrill ride you generally don't get that same feeling IMO.

So, if Epcot gets some new attractions, please make them immersive dark rides!

Aurora_25

My 6 year old loved the WS the last time we were there (she was 4 at the time) and she can't wait to go back there- she loved making the mask that they have at the kidcot stations there and she also enjoyed watching the different shows they had- except when her daddy got picked to play in the King Arthur one in UK- She didn't like that much and she will still tell you about it :) LOL
To me, I like WS as it is- educational and the shows are neat if you get a chance to see them. No there are no "thrill rides" or anything, but that's fine with me- you all can go on the thrill rides- just gives me less people to shove past to see the shows in WS :)

Skippy

i'm all for a thrill ride in the world showcase, as long as it's good quality and... let's say inforrmative (not that scary e word :rolleyes: )

something like a a few friends and i thought of many years ago.. an exciting boat ride to ellis island, through storms and challenges of getting to america.

i haven't thought of that idea in years, must write it down somewhere...

DznyRktekt

dxwwf3 said:
Bring back the original Illuminations show for the 25th. And then debut a new Illuminations show the year after.

Wishful thinking, I know.

Why would you want to bring back the original Illuminations show? I have fond memories of the show, but they were put into perspective after viewing some family vacation videos from 1992. The current show is so amazing and I wouldn't want it to change for the world. There are many other things that could use an update such as the hokey looking snake in Fantasmic with the headlight eyes. Just my opinion.:)

PaisleyMF

Illuminations: EPCOT

I will love to see a new Illuminations for Epcot 25th, but since the WDW 25th Illuminations was called that, what name to use, what music, special FX. I do love if it comes with some like the fantasmic proyections (almost looks like Holograms) new Pyros, like Wishes, not just from the lagoon but from all over the park. As for the music, a celebration of what EPCOT stands for; a Fanfare to Epcot, maybe ask the Sherman Bros. (Small world, and others) or John Willimas to write a score for it.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
PaisleyMF said:
I will love to see a new Illuminations for Epcot 25th, but since the WDW 25th Illuminations was called that, what name to use, what music, special FX. I do love if it comes with some like the fantasmic proyections (almost looks like Holograms) new Pyros, like Wishes, not just from the lagoon but from all over the park. As for the music, a celebration of what EPCOT stands for; a Fanfare to Epcot, maybe ask the Sherman Bros. (Small world, and others) or John Willimas to write a score for it.

I think they should use the scores from Star Wars and 2001 a Space Odysey for the 25 Celebration...... :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom