just a random point

brycedisney

Ok well this is random but i would like to say that i used think Carribbean beach was the best resort or at least my favorite but after last summer when i stayd at AKL i was blown away it is by far the best resort!!!!!!

Erika

What were some of the things you liked about it?

We visited there once and fell in love with the place. Next time we get to WDW we want to spend at least a couple of nights there.

Upvote 0

Computer Magic

Our last trip to WDW we stayed at AKL. We loved it. Our favorite was the Savannah view where we went out on the balcony and watched the Giraffes eat every evening. We went during the rainy season but didn't mind. We would set out on the balcony and watch it rain.

The restaurants are wonderful. They have a fire pit where you can sit around and have a drink. The lobby also had great art work. One thing I didn't like was the long bus rides but the buses were on time.

brycedisney give us some details on your trip.

Upvote 0

crazygirley

I'm glad to hear that! It really does have spectacular ambience and theming, doesn't it? You truly feel as though you have left Florida and are in Africa... yet still at WDW!

Upvote 0

brycedisney

Original Poster
sorry bout the random part but things i enjoyed bout AKL were the theming definately and i enjoyed the location of our room too ...we had a pool view room and we were on the 3rd or 4th floor i believe and we had to turn the corner and we were right by stairs that went directly to the pool. We were there for 2 weeks and it was one of the best trips to disney ive had

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Well, with this good experience, consider trying some other resort sites...
Wilderness Lodge (has some similarities structurally with AKL, but you will think you're in the Yellowstone), or Polynesian or Port Orleans. They all have real nice atmosphere.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
AKL rocks!!!! We stayed there shortly after it opened and have been back several times since then. The restaurants are great with options from burgers and fries all the way to Authentic African food not to mention the best breakfast buffet at WDW. Savanna rooms are the only way to go. There is nothing like opening your balcony door and seeing giraffes. The fire pits are great I could go on and on. Bottom line AKL is my favorite resort at WDW.

Upvote 0

barnum42

AKL is out of my price range as a guest, but I love stopping by there and grabbing a bite to eat at Mara or Boma and having a good nose around. I must get around to posting the photos I took on one of my expeditions.

Upvote 0

Computer Magic

barnum42 said:
AKL is out of my price range as a guest, but I love stopping by there and grabbing a bite to eat at Mara or Boma and having a good nose around. I must get around to posting the photos I took on one of my expeditions.
Yes, Please Post Pictures. I'm craving for AKL so your AKL pictures will be the next best thing to being there.

Upvote 0

barnum42

Computer Magic said:
Yes, Please Post Pictures. I'm craving for AKL so your AKL pictures will be the next best thing to being there.
I've got a busy week of doing my day job then crewing a production of "Sound of Music" in the evenings. If it slips my mind after the weekend, feel free to jog my memory :wave:

Upvote 0

TheDisneyGirl02

I've never stayed there, maybe one day...but I did enjoy visiting the resort and seeing the animals. I still love Carribean Beach...it got my family and me through Hurricane Charlie!

TheDisneyGirl02

Upvote 0

wild01ride

Good to hear. I've heard nothing but good things about AKL and have never stayed there myself. My Mom has stayed there and my Dad hasn't, so this Dec. will be a first for us all to be there together (although not the first visit for my Mom).
I'm really looking forward to spending Christmas there this year!

(Heck, the place must be nice...on my last visit, after leaving dinner when we came out the front door on the way to the bus stop there was a Ferrari parked by itself right next to the front doors...maybe Mikey was there for dinner??)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom