Just a question for flying with a baby...

cameronmouse

My wife and I are flying delta in the beginning of december with our 11 month old son. We were wondering if anybody can tell us what we can bring on the flight as far as food, bottles etc. so we dont have any problems at the airport?:shrug:

daliseurat

You can bring powdered formula and mix it with water that you can buy after you get through security.

You can also bring enough baby food in a jar and milk for the flight. Depending on who is checking you in, the amount may vary. But if you have a couple bottles of milk and two jars of baby food you are most likely ok. Now you must present this food right of the bat, and separately from the 3 oz. containers of shampoo and other liquids or gels you are bringing on board.

To be totally safe, bring powdered formula, and some bananas or other solid food you feed your child.

And, just to be totally safe and prevent a meltdown, call Delta to check for certain.

Upvote 0

Erika

We've never had problems bringing milk or snacks, but remember that anything liquid has to be in a Ziplock and they will inspect it separately. Some babies just won't drink formula- the airlines understand that. Just don't try to bring in very large amounts.

Our daughter has 8 flights under her belt so far and they've made us remove her shoes every time, same as the adults- just another thing to be ready for. The first time it sort of took us by surprise.

Have a fun trip :wave:

Upvote 0

Raven66

Also don't forget to have a pacifier or bottle handy when you take off. It will help with the baby's ears so they won't pop and cause him pain. Have fun on your trip.:wave:

Upvote 0

H20Babie

Also bring the hard baby cookies that turn to mush in their mouths for unexpected teething ... they also help with the ears on take off and landing as my own son never took a pacifier.

Have a magical trip!

Upvote 0

KC82271

One helpful hint - if your airport and airline allow pre-boarding for children, take advantage - especially if bringing a car-seat on board. My 3 YO DD has flown 5 round trips and the best flights are where we can get set up ahead of time.

Don't know if all airports have this, but Orlando and I think Newark just started it, for security, there are now 3 different lines. Families/Those needing assistance can now take your time getting through. It is great - no pressure with the kid and all of their "baggage."

For security, just make sure to keep the bottles out and declare them to the security person before going through. I put the bottle in a gallon zip-lock and just hold it to the side. No questions asked.

Enjoy!

Upvote 0

smk

We've never had problems bringing milk or snacks, but remember that anything liquid has to be in a Ziplock and they will inspect it separately. Some babies just won't drink formula- the airlines understand that. Just don't try to bring in very large amounts.

Our daughter has 8 flights under her belt so far and they've made us remove her shoes every time, same as the adults- just another thing to be ready for. The first time it sort of took us by surprise.

Have a fun trip :wave:

Seriously? How pathetic is that, really. The shoe thing is one I am ready to get over.

Upvote 0

NewfieFan

Seriously? How pathetic is that, really. The shoe thing is one I am ready to get over.

In Toronto (Canada) they wanted my 14 month old to walk through the metal detector by herself (she had just learned to walk). And she had no shoes on her feet b/c we had to take those off as well. I really didn't want her walking barefoot on the airport floor! So anyways, I said to security that my husband was going to have to go through first to coax her to walk across and the lady (security) rolled her eyes at me. After going through we had to wrangle two kids back into their shoes and jackets (and we were moving fast - trust me). Then the security working the x-ray machines told us (in a very rude voice) to please pick up our things as we were holding up the line! Now, how am I suppose to get two kids dressed and pick up four carry-ons and two strollers in under 30 seconds!?! I was so fed up with security after that but you can't give them attitude or make a complaint b/c than that makes you a terrorist - so just keep nodding and smiling!!!

Sorry, just had to vent that!

Upvote 0

thrupaytonseyes

You can bring ready made formula too(not just powdered formula) or bottles of breastmilk. My DS 17 months has flown 3 times already and I have always brought a bottle of breastmilk along with 1 or 2 bags of breastmilk and never had a problem. I just put them in their own ziplock bag with the freezer packs in another ziplock bag and put them in the bottle cooler set just like that so that I just have to pull the ziplock bags out of the cooler and can throw them back in just as easily.

Upvote 0

DarthKaufmann

All airports are having the famliy lanes put in there checkpoint. Do look for them and use them. They help out when you got little one to watch out for. Also make sure you let TSA know right away that you are carry food for your baby before you get it x-ray. I do work for TSA but in the baggage department but I can try to give you any info you need. Have a great trip, I leave for mine in 12 days. :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom