Jurassic World

The Great Gonzo

I think it looks awesome.

I'm still a little peed off at the girl from the last one for letting them out. But it makes for a better sequel and storyline. It's like when the two girls respectively on "Fear the Walking Dead" killed my favorite characters John Dorie and Nick Clark.

Last edited:

erasure fan1

I'm completely jacked for this. Dinosaurs, crazy action, Dinosaurs, Alan freaking Grant! Sign me up!!! I really like the cinematography with the dinosaurs. I don't expect or want Shawshank, just give me a mostly coherent story with great looking dinosaurs, with some fun action and I'm a happy camper.

Screamface

I don't really understand what this film will be. It just looks like dinosaurs attacking people. With some ally dinosaurs. It's not like they can have a peace treaty with the dinosaurs. That would be dumb. So dumb infact I think that's what they'll do. They won't end on a solution of killing them all. What else can they do but, "we have to learn to live together"?

Wendy Pleakley

The first Jurassic World I thought was pretty bad, and didn't do enough with the premise. We finally got a movie where Jurassic Park is fully open for business and so much of it still took place in the woods and rehashed the original. Missed opportunity but was still a crowd pleaser even if relied on nostalgia.

The second one was just bad.

Is anyone surprised the third is getting mediocre reviews? Just the way it's becoming a Fast & Furious type action movie complete with motorcycle chases is ludicrous.

The good news is, from the review I read, is that the presence of the original cast makes sense from a story point, and I imagine that is what will ultimately make people happy, seeing them back. Beyond that, there's no reason to think this movie would ever be anything more than a dumb, but moderately fun, way to kill a few hours.

Jedijax719

JP1: Classic
TLW: okay until they went to San Diego
JP3: Horrible
JW: Very good and fun
FK: ???

If this movie is just dinosaur fun then it will at least be better than Fallen Kingdom and TONS better than JP3.

Gandalf The Grey

As a franchise this has been a pretty big heap of dino poop, minus the groundbreaking and still timeless to this day original JP.

Hit the ground running with a masterpiece, and stumble then after. Jaws can relate.

Club Cooloholic

Obviously JP was a great movie, interesting characters you worried about and got invested in. A plot that made sense.
JW was really fun. Again, we worried about the kids. The adults were a little less likable but still good. The plot didn't quite make as much sense, because why would they genetically make MORE dangerous dinosaurs, I mean they are dinos, does anyone even need anything scarier than a T-Rex?
The sequels are generally forgettable, especially that JW one that mainly took place in mansion...we want dinos not a murder mystery. The last JW was ok, but again, too many characters, no reason for many of them to be there, and the JW characters are still barley developed. My son, who is 9 thought it was hilarious that a dino could be stopped by merely raising your hand!

mf1972

i liked dominion more than i did fallen kingdom. i’ll admit this movie was all over the place, plot wise, but i think having the original cast members in it helped. wasn’t bad, obviously not great. if they’re done with the franchise i’m ok with it. nothing will ever top the original anyway.

Jahona

Original Poster
i liked dominion more than i did fallen kingdom. i’ll admit this movie was all over the place, plot wise, but i think having the original cast members in it helped. wasn’t bad, obviously not great. if they’re done with the franchise i’m ok with it. nothing will ever top the original anyway.
I think having the original cast members be more than cameos is what saved that movie. As you mentioned the plot was bouncing around a lot and in the end it wasn't about the dinosaurs but corporate greed.

Of the Jurassic World series the first one is probably my favorite followed by Dominion. Fallen Kingdom should have never left the island, as soon as it did the interest there was lost.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
A lot of people wanted the franchise to leave the islands as it was done to death. Also 900 million and creeping up on a billion says otherwise in terms of lack of interest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom