Jurassic Park Rollercoaster Coming To Universals Islands Of Adventure?

disneygeek90

Got to the entrance of velocicoaster at 6. I hung around the single rider entrance and sure enough it reopened after a minute. Waited 25 mins to ride.

Single rider line skips the entire queue other than the initial raptor sculpure room, then you hit lockers and immediately fed up to the final “pre show” load room.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Woah! they're filling up all available seats with no gaps. They should just get rid of 3-feet rule if they're doing this. But great for soft opening weeks before the real opening. If only France Rat could do the same and soft open soon or at least summer.

For shame universal it should still be 6 feet since many people are not vacinated. so much for virutal queue. why have it if you are not going to use it.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I take it you haven't flown on a plane recently
No because we are in a pandemic and i refuse to be in a petri dish. Universal not taking any social distancing measures on their new ride is horrific and irresponsible. I don't care what airlines are doing, what Universal is doing is shameful and they clearly give 2 craps about their guests or their safety.

disneygeek90

The 3 ft markers are pretty pointless. They don’t feel any differently than a little personal space. I’m kind of surprised universal jumped to it so quick. Standing next to someone for an hour is a lot different than sitting next to them in a 2 min ride going 70 mph.

JT3000

No because we are in a pandemic and i refuse to be in a petri dish. Universal not taking any social distancing measures on their new ride is horrific and irresponsible. I don't care what airlines are doing, what Universal is doing is shameful and they clearly give 2 craps about their guests or their safety.
If you don't care what airlines are doing, why do you care so much about what a theme park is doing? They're both "petri dishes."

Is Universal being irresponsible? Yep.

Do you have anyone but yourself to blame if you get infected because you chose to go there (or to any other park) during a pandemic? Nope.

The parks are only responsible for your personal safety to a certain degree. The majority of that responsibility, including deciding whether or not it's a good idea to even be there in the first place while a deadly virus is circulating, falls squarely on your shoulders.

Last edited:

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

If you don't care what airlines are doing, why do you care so much about what a theme park is doing? They're both "petri dishes."

Is Universal being irresponsible? Yep.

Do you have anyone but yourself to blame if you get infected because you chose to go there (or to any other park) during a pandemic? Nope.

The parks are only responsible for your personal safety to a certain degree. The majority of that responsibility, including deciding whether or not it's a good idea to even be there in the first place while a deadly virus is circulating, falls squarely on your shoulders.
Universal should he ashamed. Some people have no choice but to fly for business. Theme parks are for luxury only. Reasons like this is why they were shuth down for so long and the pandemic is not over. There are new strains being discovered. People still stupid enough to refuse to get vaccines. They have a responsibility to obey guidelines and in that respect they have failed miserably just so they can make a buck.

JT3000

Universal should he ashamed. Some people have no choice but to fly for business. Theme parks are for luxury only. Reasons like this is why they were shuth down for so long and the pandemic is not over. There are new strains being discovered. People still stupid enough to refuse to get vaccines. They have a responsibility to obey guidelines and in that respect they have failed miserably just so they can make a buck.
"Whoa! Hey now, who said anything about guidelines?"
The relaxed standards at Universal are merely a symptom, not the underlying cause. Speaking of causes, why is it that the operations of a superfluous luxury upsets you so much and not the equally lax standards of necessary commodities? That makes no sense. If you recognize that you don't need to be at a theme park during a pandemic, don't go. It's as simple as that. This solution helps both you and all the folks who ignored their better judgment and went anyway. Universal is run by a corporation looking after their bottom line, but no one else would have to worry about overcrowding or virus transmission at their luxury product if no one showed up!

I've been preaching this since the pandemic began. I can't take anyone who complains about Covid protocol at the parks but still goes to the parks themselves seriously. They're literally part of the problem.

Last edited:

Giss Neric

"Whoa! Hey now, who said anything about guidelines?"
The relaxed standards at Universal are merely a symptom, not the underlying cause. Speaking of causes, why is it that the operations of a superfluous luxury upsets you so much and not the equally lax standards of necessary commodities? That makes no sense. If you recognize that you don't need to be at a theme park during a pandemic, don't go. It's as simple as that. This solution helps both you and all the folks who ignored their better judgment and went anyway. Universal is run by a corporation looking after their bottom line, but no one else would have to worry about overcrowding or virus transmission at their luxury product if no one showed up!

I've been preaching this since the pandemic began. I can't take anyone who complains about Covid protocol at the parks but still goes to the parks themselves seriously. They're literally part of the problem.
I do agree with you but I also understand why some people feel the way they do. We gotta have balance. You can't just tell people to not leave their house if they're scared of the virus. That's a lame clap back. I appreciate these theme parks having their own guidelines and safety protocols and not really following what the local government is doing but they have to realize that everything is extremes nowadays. People who are concerned about the pandemic and people who don't give a damn about it. There has to be a middle ground that can satisfy both sides.

I'm just wondering why the sudden shift in Universal's strategy of 100% capacity on their rides now.

Tom Morrow

I still don't agree. If the parks had maintained their attitude toward the procedures like they did for the first few months after re-opening, there wouldn't be an issue. However, Disney has largely stuck to their guns, Universal has mostly just paid lipservice to the procedures. I'm not scared of catching Covid, but I hate that they were being so dishonest about caring.

The pictures above with "3 feet" spacing are literally no different than how Universal was over spring break with 6 foot spacing. Universal just stopped caring long ago along with every other theme park that isn't Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom