Jurassic Park Rollercoaster Coming To Universals Islands Of Adventure?

JT3000

I may have missed this question so I apologize if it was asked already...Are there plans to convert the River Adventure to the one in Hollywood or is it staying the same to balance it out to World instead of park?
Nothing has been announced. Rumor is that they had to choose between a Jurassic World retheme for River Adventure or Velocicoaster. They chose the latter. The rest of the land might be converted eventually, but it seemingly isn't on the table for the moment.

SplashJacket

I may have missed this question so I apologize if it was asked already...Are there plans to convert the River Adventure to the one in Hollywood or is it staying the same to balance it out to World instead of park?
Like @JT3000 just said, no official plans and rumors suggest against it.

But if you watch a side-by-side of the original Hollywood and original IOA attractions, the Hollywood iteration was far inferior. The big Mosasaurus tank was installed seemingly to hide the parking garage looming overhead,

1623667155576.png

Orlando's iteration doesn't stand to benefit as much from a retheme as it was already better than Hollywood's JP. The only update Orlando could steal from Hollywood's JW update is its final scene, which is incredibly impressive.

I would be more than happy for a JW update in Orlando, but I imagine it wouldn't be nearly as extensive, because it doesn't really need it.

Rob562

I thought this ride was open already? so was before just a pass member preview?

Passholder previews were the first week or two, then it was in soft opening/technical previews which meant it wasn't guaranteed to be open and could close at any time, pretty much how every major ride opens in Universal and Disney.

Its first official day of operation was the grand opening on June 10th.

-Rob

disneygeek90

Like @JT3000 just said, no official plans and rumors suggest against it.

But if you watch a side-by-side of the original Hollywood and original IOA attractions, the Hollywood iteration was far inferior. The big Mosasaurus tank was installed seemingly to hide the parking garage looming overhead,

View attachment 563707

Orlando's iteration doesn't stand to benefit as much from a retheme as it was already better than Hollywood's JP. The only update Orlando could steal from Hollywood's JW update is its final scene, which is incredibly impressive.

I would be more than happy for a JW update in Orlando, but I imagine it wouldn't be nearly as extensive, because it doesn't really need it.
Other than continuity purposes. Nearly every signage and theming in the land is directed toward JW now. It would be nice and more cohesive to have the River Adventure match the same timeline. Also, the very very 90s looking pre show and screen while headed into the inside enclosure could use a bit of a re-do.

I was glad to see the raptor dropping overhead effect back last week. It had been missing for quite a while I had thought they removed it altogether.

OG Runner

How dare these people. What's a few hundred calories that you could burn by walking after...or just don't take it.

As my mother used to say, "What a waste, there are children starving in _______, who would love those."
I am not going to fill it in. Every country is politically incorrect to mention nowadays. :D

disneygeek90

Does anyone know what's going on with the new bridge? I was sure it would open June 10 but it doesn't look like it has. It is super congested in the Hogsmeade/JP merge and that bridge would really help.

Tom Morrow

Not sure if this is true, but allegedly because of the incident with kids throwing ice at the train they are hesitant on opening it now. Maybe nets need to be installed now?

Tom Morrow

There it is. I wonder if this was planned all along or conjured up because of the ice incident. Either way it feels like it was inevitable.

I hope they don't put something similar in front of the mosasaurus roll but that might be inevitable too.

Bairstow

There it is. I wonder if this was planned all along or conjured up because of the ice incident. Either way it feels like it was inevitable.

I hope they don't put something similar in front of the mosasaurus roll but that might be inevitable too.
Probably inevitable after the ice-throwing.
From a liability standpoint Universal is already on notice that people can injure riders by throwing things at the trains, and now they have to expect copycat incidents. Besides that, the person who blinded the rider on on Dragon Challenge by throwing rocks is still out there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom