Jurassic Park Rollercoaster Coming To Universals Islands Of Adventure?

Tom Morrow

Those animatronics are simply amazing! However, we definitely don't need another Spider-Man esque ride at UOR. Still looks like a competent ride and much, much better than their Mario Kart effort.

Also, agreed on pacing. Dark rides need cinematic pacing. But ever since, perhaps, Simpsons Ride, every Universal attraction is full throttle the whole time. This is fine for coasters, of course. It's as if they think people won't like it if it doesn't bombard them the entire time, but rides that give a buildup actually resonate more. On Dinosaur, for example, there is actually a full minute between "Time travel commencing in..." and when the vehicle increases speed, tracking the first carnotaurus appearance. Or, Spider-Man. A full minute between Jonah Jameson's instructions and the first time the villains notice you. Both rides ramp up the craziness from there and conclude with the final portion being the most intense.

DonaldDoleWhip

Following up here, I got to ride VelociCoaster for the first time on Sunday night - wow. One of the biggest thrills I've ever had, stacking up against two Six Flags parks (did most of the big coasters at both) and skydiving.

It may have been amplified by riding in darkness, but some of those inversions and the second launch are seriously wild.

I might not ever want a ride like this in a Disney park, but it's very, very impressive.

Satans Hockey

Got 2 rides on Velocicoaster in the last hour of the park being open.

Can't possibly say anything that hasn't been said already but Velocicoaster is just absolutely incredible. Really impressed with the locker system and hope they do this on all future coasters. Such a better experience than what Dueling Dragons use to be like with the lockers and it is nice to not have to worry about getting smacked in the face with a cell phone.

Our first ride was in the front row and maybe took 8 mins, there was a decent line for the front row and the grouper was telling people it was a 30 minute wait but the staff here is absolutely booking it, it's just fantastic. Favorite part was definitely being completely out of my seat upside down right above the water. Such a wild experience.

PostScott

Just did Velocicoaster and Hagrids for the first time tonight and man they were both so great.

Velocicoaster packed a huge punch, esp in the back row. Hagrid's was awesome too and I honestly think I like it better than VC just because it's more immersive and story-driven, but both are great additions to IOA. Both were night rides so I'll need some daytime rides to solidify their place on my ranking.

FoodRockz

Just did Velocicoaster and Hagrids for the first time tonight and man they were both so great.

Velocicoaster packed a huge punch, esp in the back row. Hagrid's was awesome too and I honestly think I like it better than VC just because it's more immersive and story-driven, but both are great additions to IOA. Both were night rides so I'll need some daytime rides to solidify their place on my ranking.
Rode Velocicoaster for the first time in the dark yesterday, it was even better than in the daylight to me. Don't get me wrong though, it's amazing in any lighting! I do like Hagrid better overall as well.

bubbles1812

This ride is insane, in a good way. Never lets up. When it's over your brain is like "what just happened?!"

My only wish is that there was a show scene with dimensional, moving raptors at the end.

Hagrid's still gets my vote for best coaster at UNI.
I loved Velocicoaster! It ended up being my favorite ride at Universal/IOA this past weekend. I was quite surprised as I’m not much of a coaster fan anymore. I enjoyed Hagrid’s but it was pretty rough on my stomach going backwards… most of Universal’s rides were, to be honest. Getting old is no fun! ;)

BrianLo

After years of treading water at USO, both Velocicoaster and Hagrid’s have renewed my faith that Universal Creative can make great attractions.

Even Kong in Florida was ‘new to me’, though I’ve long ago done the tunnel in Hollywood.

The back end of IOA is incredibly strong and for the most part well rounded.

More of this, please.

Weather_Lady

Can't possibly say anything that hasn't been said already but Velocicoaster is just absolutely incredible. Really impressed with the locker system and hope they do this on all future coasters. Such a better experience than what Dueling Dragons use to be like with the lockers and it is nice to not have to worry

Glad you enjoyed it! I totally agree with you on the lockers, as well -- and wish they'd retrofit every ride with lockers to use a similar setup. It's simply brilliant.

One thing I learned about them, though: be careful when putting your items in that you don't accidentally shut anything in the door, in the harried rush to rejoin the queue. Last time we rode, I apparently managed to shut the tip of a backpack strap in the locker door when stowing it, so when I went to pull it out from the other side at the end of the ride, it was completely stuck! It only took a few minutes to find a team member who could open the other side and help me out, but I learned my lesson. ;)

Tony Perkis

I’m kinda in it.

583E4067-A31A-4D8D-9480-54318C6ED0B5.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom