• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Jurassic Park Rollercoaster Coming To Universals Islands Of Adventure?

JT3000

Have to say, I always found the sightlines between Potter Land and Jurassic Park a bit jarring.

View attachment 448761
There's another spot like this further down the path. Both would be easily rectified by adding more trees if they hadn't put the ride's queue right there. Although I'm not sure how often they even use the extended queue anymore.

I've accepted the fact that a cramped park like IOA is going to have problems like this, they're present at similar parks like Disneyland as well, but some of it was preventable, and a roller coaster that potentially looms over another part of the park just seems more egregious than a visible building.

Last edited:

Tom Morrow

It's true though, Universal does not care about sightlines or visual clutter or cohesive aesthetics, though to be fair, Disney is really the only one that heavily scrutinizes over this (and yes I'm aware that there are some exceptions to this rule at Disney, don't bother pointing them out as Disney is still significantly better at this than everyone else).

Josh Hendy

To be fair, despite some issues the immersion once within HP land and JP is wonderful and in general as good as or better than many parts of WDW.

To a certain degree, sightlines lapses are like wienies that motivate people to move onto the next adventure.

Edward Jackson

They are opening the Bourne stunt show this year.

Where is Disney's new stunt show, 1989? :p;)
Well we can only hope that, that is one heck of a stunt show, considering it has taken over two years to get something
new into that space, and they cancelled the other stunt show they had last year.

Again, I was speaking about the coasters and just felt it would be better, from a marketing standpoint, to be able to
open a new coaster, before Disney opens their next two.

lazyboy97o

Well we can only hope that, that is one heck of a stunt show, considering it has taken over two years to get something
new into that space, and they cancelled the other stunt show they had last year.

Again, I was speaking about the coasters and just felt it would be better, from a marketing standpoint, to be able to
open a new coaster, before Disney opens their next two.
Lucky for the marketing team they have the challenge of marketing a bunch of new attractions against a giant table.

Edward Jackson

Okay, but why is that "too bad?" They're not even doing this ride to compete with Disney, they're doing it to replace Dragons. According to reports, it will be significantly more thrilling than either of Disney's.
My thought was only from a marketing standpoint, of opening it before Disney opens two new coasters. How do you measure thrilling?
A bare bones coaster, with little or no theming? Oh, I am sorry it has a high drop point in the middle of the ride, yeah thrilling, because no
other coasters have done that before.

Top Bottom