Jurassic Park Rollercoaster Coming To Universals Islands Of Adventure?

OG Runner

They are opening the Bourne stunt show this year.

Where is Disney's new stunt show, 1989? :p;)

Well we can only hope that, that is one heck of a stunt show, considering it has taken over two years to get something
new into that space, and they cancelled the other stunt show they had last year.

Again, I was speaking about the coasters and just felt it would be better, from a marketing standpoint, to be able to
open a new coaster, before Disney opens their next two.

lazyboy97o

Well we can only hope that, that is one heck of a stunt show, considering it has taken over two years to get something
new into that space, and they cancelled the other stunt show they had last year.

Again, I was speaking about the coasters and just felt it would be better, from a marketing standpoint, to be able to
Lucky for the marketing team they have the challenge of marketing a bunch of new attractions against a giant table.

OG Runner

Okay, but why is that "too bad?" They're not even doing this ride to compete with Disney, they're doing it to replace Dragons. According to reports, it will be significantly more thrilling than either of Disney's.

My thought was only from a marketing standpoint, of opening it before Disney opens two new coasters. How do you measure thrilling?
A bare bones coaster, with little or no theming? Oh, I am sorry it has a high drop point in the middle of the ride, yeah thrilling, because no
other coasters have done that before.

Jon81uk

I think it was postponed as Univeral brought forward the new park to 2023 and therefore with Hagrids in 2019 they decided they didn't need a new attraction in both parks in the same year so postponed the stunt show for a year. They are still opening one new attraction every year!

Last edited:

OG Runner

I think it was postponed as Univeral brought forward the new park to 2023 and therefore with Hagrids in 2019 they decided they didn't need a new attraction in both parks in the same year so postponed the stunt show for a year. They are still opening one new attraction in each park every year!

Do you mean one attraction for both parks? (yes, I do not consider Volcano Bay a park) If so, what will be opening in IOA, this year, when the stunt show opens?

JT3000

My thought was only from a marketing standpoint, of opening it before Disney opens two new coasters. How do you measure thrilling?
A bare bones coaster, with little or no theming? Oh, I am sorry it has a high drop point in the middle of the ride, yeah thrilling, because no
other coasters have done that before.

tenor.gif

The Seven Dwarves coaster has theming. Go ride that, if that's what thrills you. But don't get mad at me for pointing out how nonsensical your attempted jab at Universal was. Not only are these upcoming rides not meant to compete directly with one another, but Universal already opened a family coaster last year. Marketing must be thrilled! They beat Disney to the punch by, not one, but two whole years! 😲

BubbaisSleep

Steering back on topic, I was catching up with the photos on Bio's page & I never noticed how deep they were actually digging for this new roller coaster. Especially with some wonderful scenery & landscaping, the view from the side of the Discovery Center is going to be gorgeous from that elevated path. I'm very excited to see how they pull this off.

Last edited by a moderator:

Josh Hendy

Looks like a great coaster shaping up but I'm unlikely to be able to ride it. I wonder if it will have an awesome queue of some kind.

Call me unimaginative ... but it's hard to picture much storytelling happening with this other than, "Something goes terribly wrong with the dinosaurs. Again."

Maybe a plot along the lines of Newman stealing the eggs in JP 1.0 ... or whatever equivalent in the most recent film.

UpAllNight

I’d take a great queue and a good show scene, if the coasters great. Always felt like the area wasn’t living up to its full potential and one of my biggest gripes was the lack of actual dinosaurs. The raptor experience was a good move, but I’d like to see bigger and bolder with the queue. Improve the aesthetic, remove the awful carnival games, update the dining and experience centre and we have a fully refreshed land for a relatively cheap price.

Last edited:

Tom Morrow

Looks like a great coaster shaping up but I'm unlikely to be able to ride it. I wonder if it will have an awesome queue of some kind.

Call me unimaginative ... but it's hard to picture much storytelling happening with this other than, "Something goes terribly wrong with the dinosaurs. Again."

Maybe a plot along the lines of Newman stealing the eggs in JP 1.0 ... or whatever equivalent in the most recent film.
They could get around this by theming the coaster to be a ride within the Jurassic World park that lets you "experience flying like a (insert flying dinosaur here)". Similar to how Manta at SeaWorld Orlando is supposed to mimic the movement of a manta ray. I honestly don't see Universal showing this much restraint from using a "something goes wrong" trope, though, especially with a Jurassic Park ride.

Some restraint was shown with Hagrid's, though, so hopefully that is a good sign.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom