Jungle Cruise to get holiday overlay

fngoofy

I hope the music remains 20s-30s themed and that Skipper Albert Awol will be the radio announcer. There are a lot of great Xmas songs from that period, it would be nice if the current theme just carried over into the overlay.

ToTBellHop

I hope the music remains 20s-30s themed and that Skipper Albert Awol will be the radio announcer. There are a lot of great Xmas songs from that period, it would be nice if the current theme just carried over into the overlay.
I would bet it will. They aren't going to completely re theme the ride overnight.

Californian Elitist

I think you're on to something hide before TDO gets ya! lol

Haha, I actually met a man and his daughter from Canada in the FP queue of Space Mountain. It was their family's first ever trip to Disneyland...and Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain weren't operating in their original forms. Guess what? They were having an amazing time. The daughter was so hyped to be riding Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy for the upteenth time and the father was very impressed with the storytelling in the two parks, specifically with Disneyland. He was amazed at how clean the parks were (LOL) and he talked about Walt Disney being a genius and how amazing it was to be in his park. Not once did he complain about Mansion and Space being in holiday mode.

Sped2424

Haha, I actually met a man and his daughter from Canada in the FP queue of Space Mountain. It was their family's first ever trip to Disneyland...and Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain weren't operating in their original forms. Guess what? They were having an amazing time. The daughter was so hyped to be riding Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy for the upteenth time and the father was very impressed with the storytelling in the two parks, specifically with Disneyland. He was amazed at how clean the parks were (LOL) and he talked about Walt Disney being a genius and how amazing it was to be in his park. Not once did he complain about Mansion and Space being in holiday mode.
I don't think any tourist would, as a matter of fact most tourists wouldn't even know that it was an overlay, they would probably think that's how the ride always is and not give a hoot. Space mountain I think is better off as ghost glaxay, ups the ante, as for haunted mansion holiday I think all the upscale animatronics and decorations really give that ride something extra. And if you don't like em who cares they are temporary! TDO could use this as an excuse for them to book another vacation when the overlay's are not up and running. Its all about them not wanting to spend the cash.

Californian Elitist

I don't think any tourist would, as a matter of fact most tourists wouldn't even know that it was an overlay, they would probably think that's how the ride always is and not give a hoot. Space mountain I think is better off as ghost glaxay, ups the ante, as for haunted mansion holiday I think all the upscale animatronics and decorations really give that ride something extra. And if you don't like em who cares they are temporary! TDO could use this as an excuse for them to book another vacation when the overlay's are not up and running. Its all about them not wanting to spend the cash.

Right, it's only temporary. They're not permanent and we get special merchandise with HMH haha!

Sped2424

We should be glad to get that
And most are, but at the same time this is the kinda of thing that shouldn't be just for the parties. If they are featured characters at disneyland during normal operating hours then they should be the same at Magic kingdom.

SkipperButler

Going to add my two cents:

I actually really like the backstory. It is totally in character for the Jungle Skippers to do this. These are men and women who are separated from their families and the white christmases back home. So, they want to bring a little of it back to their tropical environment.

It's also actually quite true to life as well. So many of the Skippers, especially those on the College Program, are away from their families during the holidays. For a lot of the CP's, it's their first time spending Christmas alone. Disney Cast Members often create a new family for themselves with the friends they make at work. These are now the "family" that they celebrate with all throughout the year.

I find it rather poignantly sweet that this is the storyline that was created for this overlay.

TP2000

It's also actually quite true to life as well. So many of the Skippers, especially those on the College Program, are away from their families during the holidays. For a lot of the CP's, it's their first time spending Christmas alone. Disney Cast Members often create a new family for themselves with the friends they make at work. These are now the "family" that they celebrate with all throughout the year.

I find it rather poignantly sweet that this is the storyline that was created for this overlay.

Sure. But that's not really a concept exclusive to ride operators at the Jungle Cruise. Every ride, snack bar and custodial closet on WDW property would have CM's spending Christmas away from their families, many for the first time.

I just hope the new jokes are actually funny. That's my Christmas wish. :)

TP2000

And most are, but at the same time this is the kinda of thing that shouldn't be just for the parties. If they are featured characters at disneyland during normal operating hours then they should be the same at Magic kingdom.

Yeah, that's odd. Jack & Sally appear outside the Haunted Mansion and around New Orleans Square seven days a week at Disneyland during Haunted Mansion Holiday (September-December). I just saw them yesterday at Disneyland, a slow weekday in October, out greeting and chatting with people right next to the Haunted Mansion.

raymusiccity

I guess it sounds nice, but I hate that they start holiday stuff in November. So sick of xmas on everything in November. This year, we have to go in November, and I am already irritated at all the xmas stuff. I seem to be in the minority though, and I can appreciate locals and ap'ers, who go several times a year, really enjoy all the decorations.

Just as irritating as people who keep referring to Christmas as 'Xmas'. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom