Jungle Cruise to get holiday overlay

PhilharMagician

It still required a closure to install. The JC overlay looks like it can be done on a single 3rd shift.
They closed it for 2 - 3 days, but I think it was to do regular maintenance on it at the same time so they did not have to pay overnight wages for the maintenance. There is nothing on the CBJ holiday overlay that could not be done overnight. The show programming exists and then there is a few decorations and add some hats to the bears and open the doors. There wasn't much too it, but it was better than the standard show.

dupac

Disney should do unashamed lyricism and childlike optimism. The skippers aren't tired of their job, they aren't homesick. That is Disney slagging itself off again, the 'ironic' nineties all over again, when Disney mocked Small World in The Lion King and Hall of Presidents in the Tiki room.

While I'm happy for an overlay, I get this sentiment. It's the same old "everything needs an elaborate backstory/explanation."

BroganMc

I find this to be a positive move, even if a small one compared to the lavish Small World and Mansion overlays over at DL. If this works out, maybe management might give a bit more thought into more seasonal overlays?

Ditto. As someone who's gone several times a year for oh 7-8 years now, I'm plain getting bored. I already skipped my trip for next Spring and have yet to book Autumn. You do get Disneyed out.

A baby step for TDO yes. Let's hope they're one of those toddlers who takes off running once they learn what feet are for.

The Empress Lilly

Not sure how anyone could turn this into a negative thing. People complain that the "little things" are missing.
Because we are aware of the quality of previous holiday overlays and of those elsewhere.

I wouldn't say this is a negative. We all appreciate something over nothing, if just for the effort. However, if you take away a D, while elsewhere there is a an E, then present us a B, then I'm not jumping up and down with joy. Especially when the B itself feels creatively lacking.

Jingle+Bell+Jam+PLAYBILL.jpg

The Empress Lilly

While I'm happy for an overlay, I get this sentiment. It's the same old "everything needs an elaborate backstory/explanation."
Exactly! For example, I don't need to hear that the Pirates are tired of plundering all year long, and that therefore they'll be singing Jingle Bells all December. That's not plussing, that's garbage.

The Jingle Cruise feels somewhere halfway between that and 'cool, a fun Chirstmas overlay'.

asianway

They closed it for 2 - 3 days, but I think it was to do regular maintenance on it at the same time so they did not have to pay overnight wages for the maintenance. There is nothing on the CBJ holiday overlay that could not be done overnight. The show programming exists and then there is a few decorations and add some hats to the bears and open the doors. There wasn't much too it, but it was better than the standard show.
There is the Rudolph royalties urban legend, but Im pretty sure thats like Horizons sinkhole, Henson shutting down the Muppets walkaround, Spielberg shutting down the Roger Rabbit walk around, or the Graumanns rights issues....

The Empress Lilly

You complain when they do nothing, you complain when they do something.

Some will never be happy.
I'm always happy and I never complain about either one. I give my unvarnished opinion about the content of WDW's offerings, present and past.
images

I wish there was less complaining about 'complaining', and more energy expended on why people think this overlay will work. I'd love to read about the creative merit of this overlay, but so far this thread feels limited to 'well, it's something...'.

Last edited:

Yankeesfan5

It's an interesting idea, seeing as though they're just throwing holiday jokes and decorations into the ride. I just think that this isn't something that will make the attraction any better than it already is.

The Empress Lilly

So they'll overlay it and term it a Jingle Jungle Cruise, but will the skippers dare say "Merry Christmas" to any guests? I know I'll gladly say it to them if they throw out a watered down happy holidays :grumpy:
I think the 'happy holidays' terminology is meant to be inclusive. It includes people celebrating Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, and me eating the souls of gypsie babies on the winter solistice. It is not about taking something away from people.

I think they'll return your Merry Xmas with the same.

ABQ

I think the 'happy holidays' terminology is meant to be inclusive. It includes people celebrating Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, and me eating the souls of gypsie babies on the winter solistice. It is not about taking something away from people.

I think they'll return your Merry Xmas with the same.
I don't have a problem with the happy holidays. Maybe I'm a fool, but I just don't think the jingle bells, err jingle jungle Cruise lights and all would be present if it weren't for the Christmas holiday in particular. Again, I could be wrong and I'm not looking to start a holy war regarding which holidays are being represented, just pointing out that in my opinion, decorating with the colorful lights, wearing a Santa hat (if the skippers do) and all seems a little hypocritical if on top of it all, they are asked to lead with Happy Holidays and refrain from stating Merry Christmas unless a guest states it first.

Big C 73

So they'll overlay it and term it a Jingle Jungle Cruise, but will the skippers dare say "Merry Christmas" to any guests? I know I'll gladly say it to them if they throw out a watered down happy holidays :grumpy:

They should include "Happy Holidays" (I do not like it either) and "Merry Christmas", but be careful someone might get offended and try to sue Disney over it.:rolleyes:

Besides that I believe that this overlay is great and will add some great Christmas atmosphere to the park. The only issue I have with this overlay is that the backstory is lacking severely. It is very un constructive and corny. Overall through this is something to enjoy while it's available because you never know if you will be able to experience it again. :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom