Jungle Cruise to get holiday overlay

luv

If the line for oogie boogie at the villains night is any indication, I think it would draw substantially huge local crowds. He had the longest line by far, stretching all the way around echo lake so his IP is definitely still popular especially here everyone I talked to in that line was an AP . My guess for why we don't get it is the :greedy::greedy:
I haven't seen the movie. My sister is a huge fan, though, and likes Jack and that Oogie Boogie guy a lot. (But Sally, not as much.)

CORRECT Look what happened when they did ONE thing out of the ordinary with a little bit of effort. All the locals showed up everyone at that event was an AP Its a shame TDO doesn't see the benefit of these guests, if they started to treat em like TDA does the whole "Florida doesn't have a huge local crowd" myth would be pretty dead in the ground. Personally I knew it was a farce when I attended villains night, the traffic lines to enter the studios were RIDICULOUS and after that the park itself was packed to capacity. All AP's
I gave up, due to traffic and requiring a restroom, and never got into the park, lol. I'd have liked to see the fireworks.

Sped2424

I haven't seen the movie. My sister is a huge fan, though, and likes Jack and that Oogie Boogie guy a lot. (But Sally, not as much.)

I gave up, due to traffic and requiring a restroom, and never got into the park, lol. I'd have liked to see the fireworks.
Next time my friend go to epcot! Its what I did! (Its a bit of a walk however) I parked at epcot which bipassed all the problems of hollywood studio traffic and then you just walk till you get to the international gateway then hollywood studios is right around the corner if you walk or you can take the ferry at the boardwalk and save yourself some walking!

JimboJones123

The water for the Jungle Cruise is a very deep red/brown color. You can really notice it at Schweitzer Falls. Is this a normal late fall thing? I have never seen it like it is now. Is it alge? Dye? Chocolate River? Blood? It is really staining the plants that dip in the water and the animals in the water too.

Could this be part of the conversion? I didn't have my camera the other day, so I did not get pictures. It did look very weird.

Sped2424

The water for the Jungle Cruise is a very deep red/brown color. You can really notice it at Schweitzer Falls. Is this a normal late fall thing? I have never seen it like it is now. Is it alge? Dye? Chocolate River? Blood? It is really staining the plants that dip in the water and the animals in the water too.

Could this be part of the conversion? I didn't have my camera the other day, so I did not get pictures. It did look very weird.
No usually the water is more off a normal color or off blueish. Hopefully they address it soon, if I wanted to sound like an insider I would say "they are working on that" but that would be stating the obvious.

Goofyernmost

No usually the water is more off a normal color or off blueish. Hopefully they address it soon, if I wanted to sound like an insider I would say "they are working on that" but that would be stating the obvious.
I've seen it that way too a few years ago. In fact the boat had an ongoing joke about riding on Wonka's Everlasting Gobstopper Riverboat Ride. We kept looking for a chubby German Kid to get sucked up into a plastic tube. I couldn't get a straight answer from any CM as to what was happening, but I have to assume that it was a periodic chemical treatment that fades over time either to kill something in the water or, at the very least, hide the ride track.

Bocabear

They used to dye the water that color on purpose to replicate the look of a real jungle river...and then sometimes they would let it be blueish. It is very planned...not an accidental color.
Back in the early 70s all the theme parks used to dye their water... Sea World water features and fountains were all dyed a deep brilliant blue...

MerlinTheGoat

Interesting. So this could be considered a lost ride "effect" from the past that was recently switched back on so to speak? One could perhaps consider it an improvement of maintenance even.

Goofyernmost

Interesting. So this could be considered a lost ride "effect" from the past that was recently switched back on so to speak? One could perhaps consider it an improvement of maintenance even.
Except that it is the wrong color for a muddy river. That would be a light brown/tan look. This, if it's the same that I saw was dark brown (redish) color that resembled nothing that I could type on a family board.

wdwfan22

CORRECT Look what happened when they did ONE thing out of the ordinary with a little bit of effort. All the locals showed up everyone at that event was an AP Its a shame TDO doesn't see the benefit of these guests, if they started to treat em like TDA does the whole "Florida doesn't have a huge local crowd" myth would be pretty dead in the ground. Personally I knew it was a farce when I attended villains night, the traffic lines to enter the studios were RIDICULOUS and after that the park itself was packed to capacity. All AP's

Actually the majority of guests that evening were Cast Member and comped admissions.

Sped2424

Maybe they are going for authentic water looks. Jungle rivers are notoriously dirty with silk and mud and give the water a reddish/brown tint.
jungle-river-costa-rica-695981.jpg

You are correct!

MerlinTheGoat

I checked a video of Jungle Cruise earlier (one from after the refurb with the reddish brown water). I'll have to see it in person to make a better personal judgement, but from what I could tell from the video it's pretty comparable to the image above. Looks like they achieved a very intentional effect to me.

Last edited:

JimboJones123

I checked a video of Jungle Cruise earlier (one from after the refurb with the reddish brown water). I'll have to see it in person to make a better personal judgement, but from what I could tell from the video it's pretty comparable to the image above. Looks like they achieved a very intentional effect to me.
The image above is exactly what it looks like.
You all are silly. Who goes on the Jungle Cruise during the day to even notice what the water color is? :)
Judging by the picture above, you could not help but notice. It was simply Wonkarific.

MerlinTheGoat

Then the desired effect was achieved. So whether you like it or not, it's authentic as there are rivers that look like that.

The image above is exactly what it looks like.

Judging by the picture above, you could not help but notice. It was simply Wonkarific.
To be fair, the chocolate river in that movie always looked more like bright red muddy water than actual chocolate (or incredibly runny and milky orange chocolate anyways).

JimboJones123

It was an interesting take. Not what I was used to for sure. If I pop back, I'll try and get a picture of the waterfall. I hear it is actually churning the chocolate.

MerlinTheGoat

Now all we need is a bat**** insane scene inside the tunnel with some crazy acid trip visuals, and we'll have the closest thing to an actual Willy Wonka ride we can get (until someone comes to their senses and builds an official Wonka ride, seriously why the heck hasn't one been built already? Jesus...).

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Now all we need is a bat**** insane scene inside the tunnel with some crazy acid trip visuals, and we'll have the closest thing to an actual Willy Wonka ride we can get (until someone comes to their senses and builds an official Wonka ride, seriously why the heck hasn't one been built already? Jesus...).
Because it would be based on that awful Depp remake and not the original.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom