Jungle Cruise to get holiday overlay

JimboJones123

I think this will be pretty cool, if executed well. I've never experienced Haunted Mansion Holiday at DLR, but I can understand at least some of why it isn't at WDW - different demographics. At DLR, the crowd is mainly locals, APs, day guests, etc. At WDW, there are people who save their whole lives for ONE trip, and they have heard about all of these amazing things (yeah, I know I am repeating keys to the Kingdom script stuff, but you can't argue that it isn't truth) that are classics. If they are going to play with the classics, they must be played with respectfully. From videos I have seen, HMH at Disneyland completely alters the Mansion experience, in a way that would be cool to people like myself, who go at least 5-6 times a year. It'd be different, fresh. But to a once in a lifetime guest, who may never be back, that *may* be dissapointing to see the classic Haunted Mansion, one of the greatest Disney attractions of all time, overrun by modern film characters (albeit ones from one of the greatest hybrid holiday films of all time).

Jungle Cruise as Jingle Cruise however, wouldn't be that way. The Jungle Cruise is special because it is different each time in some way, and because of its storyline, setting, and atmosphere, I feel that doing a holiday overlay would actually add to the experience at WDW.
I don't think it is an issue of "one trip in a lifetime" as much as it is such a huge draw at DL for locals. I just don't think it would draw the Florida locals like it would those across CA for an extra trip.

luv

I thought the idea that WDW didn't have locals to attract would have died on Villain Night at DHS, lol. They did one small, halfway-decent thing and everyone was stuck in traffic for hours.

There are Floridians who like Disney. Disney just doesn't bother to attract them.

ExtinctJenn

There is nothing wrong with saying Merry Christmas amongst ourselves. In fact it is the proper thing to do, but, in a public setting a simple Happy Holidays includes so many others, does not diminish Christmas for us in any way and doesn't exclude a majority of the worlds population by insisting that Christians are the only ones that do anything of importance during that time period. Remember Christmas is just one of the holidays in the framework of the Holidays.
And to that end... Christians should not expect that non-Christians not use the term "Christmas" to title their December holiday. Ultimately that's kind of what created this world where we are all politically correct and say "Happy Holidays." I'm not Christian... but it's still Christmas to me. Heck, I remember growing up, if a kid wrote "Merry Xmas" on something, other kids would go ape saying "You're taking the Christ out of Christmas!" It's funny how often we think this is a new thing... the PC stuff... it in itself is relatively new but the history to bring us here is a long and storied one.

prberk

I'll take what we can get - with no Country Bear Jamboree Christmas show for all these years, I'm happy to see them step it up somewhere else.

This is the most obvious one that they should do. And as for cost, don't forget all the "holiday pricing" at the restaurants as well as the hotels. So, they can justify the cost for some more extras.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I was going to note I saw news of this whilst at WDW last week and then I realized I got the news via magic when I opened the app on my phone. What most people don't realize is that Pirates of the Caribbean is a "National Talk Like a Pirate Day" overlay of Western River Expedition in Florida. Those cheap SOBs at TDO were too cheap to ever take it down.

The Empress Lilly

I was going to note I saw news of this whilst at WDW last week and then I realized I got the news via magic when I opened the app on my phone. What most people don't realize is that Pirates of the Caribbean is a "National Talk Like a Pirate Day" overlay of Western River Expedition in Florida. Those cheap SOBs at TDO were too cheap to ever take it down.
But...but that's actually pretty much the truth!

cspencer96

I thought the idea that WDW didn't have locals to attract would have died on Villain Night at DHS, lol. They did one small, halfway-decent thing and everyone was stuck in traffic for hours.

There are Floridians who like Disney. Disney just doesn't bother to attract them.
I don't have that idea, trust me. What I mean, and what I feel is an undeniable truth, is that WDW attracts a very different crowd than Disneyland. Does that make TDO complacency ok? Nope, not at all. It does give me comfort knowing, though, that when I bring a friend I won't have to say 'Oh, this is so cool when it is normal! I wish you could see it!' I personally wish we had Haunted Mansion Holiday, and even SM Ghost Galaxy, in Florida.

luv

I don't have that idea, trust me. What I mean, and what I feel is an undeniable truth, is that WDW attracts a very different crowd than Disneyland. Does that make TDO complacency ok? Nope, not at all. It does give me comfort knowing, though, that when I bring a friend I won't have to say 'Oh, this is so cool when it is normal! I wish you could see it!' I personally wish we had Haunted Mansion Holiday, and even SM Ghost Galaxy, in Florida.
I wouldn't mind seeing the HM thing. :)

I love holiday decorations. :)

fosse76

I personally didn't care for Haunted Mansion Holiday. While the exterior of the mansion at DLR with this overlay does look fantastic, I didn't find the interior overlay to be anything that great. It's almost like they are trying to turn it into A Nightmare Before Christmas dark ride. I'm not a purist, so I have no problem with Disney doing overlays, it's just that I felt this particular one was overhyped.

Californian Elitist

I personally didn't care for Haunted Mansion Holiday. While the exterior of the mansion at DLR with this overlay does look fantastic, I didn't find the interior overlay to be anything that great. It's almost like they are trying to turn it into A Nightmare Before Christmas dark ride. I'm not a purist, so I have no problem with Disney doing overlays, it's just that I felt this particular one was overhyped.

They do turn it into a Nightmare Before Christmas dark ride.

Sped2424

I don't think it is an issue of "one trip in a lifetime" as much as it is such a huge draw at DL for locals. I just don't think it would draw the Florida locals like it would those across CA for an extra trip.
If the line for oogie boogie at the villains night is any indication, I think it would draw substantially huge local crowds. He had the longest line by far, stretching all the way around echo lake so his IP is definitely still popular especially here everyone I talked to in that line was an AP . My guess for why we don't get it is the :greedy::greedy:

Sped2424

CORRECT Look what happened when they did ONE thing out of the ordinary with a little bit of effort. All the locals showed up everyone at that event was an AP Its a shame TDO doesn't see the benefit of these guests, if they started to treat em like TDA does the whole "Florida doesn't have a huge local crowd" myth would be pretty dead in the ground. Personally I knew it was a farce when I attended villains night, the traffic lines to enter the studios were RIDICULOUS and after that the park itself was packed to capacity. All AP's

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom