Jungle Cruise: The Movie

IcicleM

Original Poster
No joke, peeps, Disney has said they are going to create another sort of "Action" movie out of the Jungle Cruise ride. Here's the article found at IGN:

Disney's Jungle Cruise Sails
Mouse plans another ride-to-film adaptation.
by Brian Linder

May 17, 2004 - Disney, hot for another action-adventure blockbuster like Pirates of the Caribbean, is bringing another one of their classic rides to the big screen. According to the Hollywood Reporter, the studio is developing a Jungle Cruise movie.
The classic ride, itself based in part on Walt Disney's True Life Adventure series of films, winds through an exotic waterway, while a riverboat skipper provides sometimes amusing narration, encountering dangerous (plastic) wild animals along the way. The ride is in serious need of a refurb and a new theme based around the film is as good an excuse as any. The film will reportedly be a period piece in the vein of Disney adventure movies of the past. Producer David Hoberman tells the trade, "It's completely inspired by and relates to the ride and will contain elements of the ride in the story."
While the Mouse's Haunted Mansion and Country Bears flicks didn't exactly live up to expectations, there's plenty of potential for a cool Jungle Cruise movie.

Incredibles

There is a whole lot that they could do with this type of film.
However, I'll believe it when I see it.

By the way, what's next? How about a penny press movie!? I can see it now: Don't miss the excitement in an action packed flick as our hero tries desperatly to press pennies all over the globe! Will he accomplish his feat, or will the pennies just press him!!!

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
When are they going to make the Tiki Birds movie? It would be similar to Hitchcock's Birds, but even more disturbing. Imagine, Fritz and Jose singing gaily as they peck you to death. For marketing, you could just sell Tiki bird plush with blood stained beaks, etc.

DisneyDellsDude

I wonder if they will hold off the rehab for Jungle Cruise until the movie comes out like they are for PotC.

That means that probably Space Mountain or Haunted Mansion would be next in line??

Just my guess.

Dr Albert Falls

Notice that this news article is two years old.

They had the director and the writer picked out for this movie. But considering that there has been NOTHING else written about it in two years, I'm guessing the film is dead.

DisneyDellsDude

Dr Albert Falls said:
Notice that this news article is two years old.

They had the director and the writer picked out for this movie. But considering that there has been NOTHING else written about it in two years, I'm guessing the film is dead.

:eek: Didn't even look at the date!!:eek:

WDWFREAK53

I agree that the project is probably (no pun intended) "dead in the water" but I think the movie has some great potential. It could be a real "action-adventure" but have corny lines in it for comedic relief.

I hope it does get made!

I for the first time ever think that this could actually turn into something promsining....not saying that it'll turn out good...but it has the chance to. I'm usually strongly against rides like these, but considering the way that the ride is setup and the way the jokes (scripted or not) are thrown around, I think it could make an okay comedy.

Now, I could very wrong and we could have another County Bears or Haunted Mansion on our hands....

Perhaps I'm a little torn, now that I've let it set in while typing this I've started to try and think what they would do with it....maybe it's not a good idea....I don't know.

animay

Oh great. The [insert generic name] family needs to learn what it means to be a family. They need some time together to re-connect. So dad books them on the craziest cruise ever. See their 'wild' adventures down the river with the wackiest tour guide ever (played by comedian who used to be funny but now is just inexpensive) this summer. It's a jungle out there.

1moreandimfree

animay said:
Oh great. The [insert generic name] family needs to learn what it means to be a family. They need some time together to re-connect. So dad books them on the craziest cruise ever. See their 'wild' adventures down the river with the wackiest tour guide ever (played by comedian who used to be funny but now is just inexpensive) this summer. It's a jungle out there.

haha exactly the kind of thing i was thinking

kcnole

I don't want to see the movie come out but I would like to see the ride get a refurb with some better looking animals and some cool new effects.

rjs_252

Jungle Cruise Movie

Was there not some official announcement before the first Pirates film that it would be the last film / set of films based on a theme park attraction anyway, after the field day the press had, saying Pirates would be just another Country Bears?

WelshBatman

Yeah there was an announcement about the Pirates sequels being the last "attraction" films but then Disney announced this and I was surprised to hear it, however, I have looked and there's been nothing said about it for the past two years. IMDB.com usually puts a page up for announced movies and even that has nothing, so I have a feeling it's not gonna happen. Anything could happen, but after 2 years with no official announcements or pre-production is a bit of a stretch.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom