Jungle Cruise: The Movie

Pongo

I don't really understand why Disney is making a movie that is made after a ride that was made after a movie. It's like something getting translated from English to Japanese then back to English again.

What? :veryconfu

Anyway. I'm not sure how I would feel about this movie. I guess the date on the article is a pretty dead giveaway that this probably won't happen. But I can't claim knowledge on that fact. So...

And for the record: I like The Haunted Mansion. Madame Leota owned that movie. She was absolutely hilarious.

Connor002

Pongo said:
I don't really understand why Disney is making a movie that is made after a ride that was made after a movie. It's like something getting translated from English to Japanese then back to English again.

Well, the Jungle Cruise wasn't heavily on the African Queen in the first place, and one could also make the argument that over the years it has morphed into a story of its own...

SirNim

Connor002 said:
Well, the Jungle Cruise wasn't heavily on the African Queen in the first place, and one could also make the argument that over the years it has morphed into a story of its own...
Definately... there's certainly a feature-film story to be told about the Jungle Cruise.

Unfortunately, based on the lack of information since this article was originally posted, I fear the film may never come to fruition...

IcicleM

Original Poster
Well, our hopes are that after the Pirates Renovation, the Jungle Cruise Renovation will take place, followed by Space Mountain, and then The Haunted Mansion. Perhaps, instead of the movie, we'll get a really good rehab of the Jungle Cruise, and bring it back to a more exciting status. As of now, the ride has long lines, but I know that I, personally, don't see much interest in it. I know the people waiting in line are Parents with young children, people who have never ridden the ride before, and older folks. And when the people my age who have never ridden the ride get off, they say they weren't thrilled with it.

Haha, although they loved making jokes of their own throughout the ride.

We were just down in late April for our Music Department's Spring Trip, and basically, a couple of my black friends went on the ride, and there's this one guy in our group of friends who is SO out there, and is always talking about "Don't disrespect ma people" etc. etc. blah blah, and we get a kick out of it, and his name is Tochi, but anyway. So they went on the Jungle Cruise, and their tour guide was sarcastic and boring, and was like "It's not like I've said THIS 25 times today" and basically, she failed at life. She wasn't funny, so my friends were makin' jokes about the corniness of the ride the whole time.

Anyway, when they get to the part with the natives, my friend Margaux (black, Haitian, kind of a diva, wears only Lacoste and Le Tigre) yells out, out of a complete silence, "Look, Tochi, it's yo people! Go join yo people!" and EVERYONE just breaks out into laughs. I mean, the natives just kinda looked rediculous, and they ironically look just like Tochi, so it was fun.

See, when you're with the right people, you can get some pretty funny jokes out of the ride, but as of late, the whole thing looks like a big corny mess. Lets get some RENOVATIONS in there!

RSoxNo1

What is this pirahna scene that people are talking about? Is it pirahna that jump out of the water or something?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom