Jungle Cruise Re-Imagining

Unbanshee

May as well just remove the boats now and be done with it.

I mean, you're right, even though it seems sarcastic. The boats have masks very reminiscent of the natives further down the stream that will be removed

jungle-cruise-natives-2.jpg

tcool123

I am glad to see this being re-imagined. However, they have removed so many of the show elements that it is looking a little bare. Can they replace one thing at a time. Instead they are stripping it to just plants and then eventually will add things back. Bad Show!
I think in order to have this ready by the 50th they likely need to do it all at once now if not it may take too long for installation with Disney's speed of construction

SplashJacket

You just said it. You think there’s good reason, I don’t.
Regardless of Disney's publicized justification for the changes, I don't think many people would deny that JC needed an update.

I think I'm in the majority when I say Space Mountain needs a tremendous amount of work, but some people may enjoy its roughness.

I don't see Space Mountain's roughness as integral to the ride, just as I don't see a few skulls on sticks as integral. Replacing these with new elements (smoothness, or a bunch of monkeys) is in my view, a total improvement.

It shouldn't matter why Disney is making certain changes, all that should matter is that the result is superior, or at the very least, keeps the original spirit. I can understand a lot of resentment to a lot of the ongoing projects, especially in Epcot, but not Jungle Cruise. While it's always perfectly acceptable to have dissenting opinions and different perspectives, from my view, the majority of complaints about the JC changes stem from complaining for the sake of complaining.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Look. I hear you. The problem is woke politics which demands change and which Disney has acquiesced. You are not allowed to debate. In fact, you are wrong. They are right. If you debate, you are guilty. I won't say what of. It's just that you're guilty. Sigh. . .
I think Disney is trying to make sure their children’s theme park meets the 2021 definition of for children as a business decision not a political one.

Disney Analyst

Look. I hear you. The problem is woke politics which demands change and which Disney has acquiesced. You are not allowed to debate. In fact, you are wrong. They are right. If you debate, you are guilty. I won't say what of. It's just that you're guilty. Sigh. . .

This isn’t woke politics…

It’s called growth. Humanity is growing despite the kicking and screaming from some.

Racism hidden behind humour and tradition that may have been charming before, is still racism.

This mindset is outdated, and it is being addressed by society.

And regardless, there was no big public push to change the JC, this was Disney making their own decisions (IMO the right decisions) based on where society is wanting to be right now.

castlecake2.0

Disney could have just as easily not changed, no one is forcing them other than their realization that they can update their story telling to what is appropriate for 2021

WillWrambles

In the Parks
No

It’s called growth. Humanity is growing despite the kicking and screaming from some.

Racism hidden behind humour and tradition that may have been charming before, is still racism.

And regardless, there was no big public push to change the JC, this was Disney making their own decisions (IMO the right decisions) based on where society is wanting to be right now.
And to all the people kicking and screaming, you probably are hearing something. It’s the world passing you by,

Phicinfan

Growth is needed, and yes things change. However, to eliminate all past, due to "potential" concern is an issue.
To be honest, was it historically inaccurate? No. But because the supposed insult is more important that fact..... there you go.

Disney Analyst

Growth is needed, and yes things change. However, to eliminate all past, due to "potential" concern is an issue.
To be honest, was it historically inaccurate? No. But because the supposed insult is more important that fact..... there you go.

I personally don’t think adjusting Jungle Cruise has anything to do with the statement “eliminating all past”.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom