Jungle Cruise Re-Imagining

Roger_the_pianist

I think it turned out great. As a kid I always felt like not only did you have a questionable depiction of natives but their figures looked super fake, basically like mannequins that were barely moving (especially the dancers)

So that gave me the impression that Disney didn't even care enough about their stereotypical caricatures to make them even remotely impressive.

I think the humor is up to a new level, especially since it's Disney making fun of themselves (sinking boat, exit through the gift shop, on-ride photos)

Love the flash bulb from the little monkey.

EPCOTCenterLover

I'll be seeing it for myself in a few months, but aside from cleanup of the objectionable depictions, it seems as if nothing great was really added to the experience.

DisneyNorthFan

The experience is always a bit skipper dependent, and how much fun the passengers are, but this looks like a great update. This attraction offers a lot - humor, scenery, a long ride, and some mild suspense. I can appreciate that it's not what everyone is looking for, but it seems like an attraction that will continue to appeal to many.

EPCOTCenterLover

The African veldt scene is screaming for an Animal Kingdom joke! Something along the lines of -" Wow! Look at all the animals here. Weren't expecting such a crowd? Did you think this was Kilimanjaro Safaris in the afternoon?" Not perfect but you get where I'm headed.

DisneyNittany

I don't get as worked up as others about IP being forced into the parks, but this is the exact kind of IP that I love to be integrated in.

I wonder if the upcoming Disney+ shows that are rumored (or confirmed?) for SEA and Magic Kingdom will actually save some original rides by pulling a POTC? You turn the ride into a movie (well, show here) and then leverage the popularity of the movie/show to "market" the ride.

Brer Panther

SO far Disney has done great imo at plussing Jungle Cruise and Snow White. This gives me hope for Splash.
Remember, though, this is a very different situation than the Splash Mountain retheme. They didn't retheme the whole ride, they just swapped some stuff out. If nothing else, this was likely much cheaper than the Splash Mountain will be.

ImperfectPixie

I don't get as worked up as others about IP being forced into the parks, but this is the exact kind of IP that I love to be integrated in.

I wonder if the upcoming Disney+ shows that are rumored (or confirmed?) for SEA and Magic Kingdom will actually save some original rides by pulling a POTC? You turn the ride into a movie (well, show here) and then leverage the popularity of the movie/show to "market" the ride.
There's a Jungle Cruise movie starring Dwayne Johnson releasing late this month.

ImperfectPixie

And thankfully the ride has been spared from any movie tie ins for now.
What I saw of the previews looked really good...I'm hoping the movie lives up to them. I don't, however, want to see Dwayne Johnson or any other people from the film added to the ride. It worked with Jack Sparrow, but that tactic will get old really fast if they do it over and over again. (And the Guardians coaster will have characters from the films right from the get-go.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom