Jungle Cruise movie

ObscurityPoint

Enhancemetns sure, but the last thing this attraction needs is a rocky anamatronic. Omg just the thought of it....

I don't see this movie being a huge hit any more than the unnecessary Jumanji reboot. But who knows.
I agree that having to yell “Adrian!” in the boats and modeling a new Trader Sam head after Sylvester Stallone would be an awful idea.

RaveOnEd

In seeing the trailer, it looks like what I expect from it, that being a fun, escapist, light Disney movie with some adventure. I still think it won't top the first Pirates movie for me as far as ride adaptations, but I think it will be a fun movie.

If they have a nod to the radio broadcasts in there, that will be a huge plus for me! My wife and daughter say it's my kind of humor anyway, that radio chatter in the queue.

tribbleorlfl

The most recent Jumanji was a next chapter / sequel movie rather than a reboot. They reference back to the Robin Williams character in the movie as someone who had been in Jumanji a long time ago. My husband and I find it silly funny and are looking forward to the next one.
It was better than it had any right being.

tribbleorlfl

One thing I think is really clever about the movie is that it appears as if all the set pieces and gags we know from the ride are just con tricks and actors in the movie. It's really meta.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
One thing I think is really clever about the movie is that it appears as if all the set pieces and gags we know from the ride are just con tricks and actors in the movie. It's really meta.

Well, that's another way to get around the awful depiction of the "natives" by pretending the ride operators are hucksters playing into stereotypes.

See, it's not Disney that's racist, it's the hucksters that run the Jungle Navigation Co. that are racist! Those aren't even real natives, but just actors pretending in a an awful way to be natives!!

MotherOfBirds

Well, that's another way to get around the awful depiction of the "natives" by pretending the ride operators are hucksters playing into stereotypes.

See, it's not Disney that's racist, it's the hucksters that run the Jungle Navigation Co. that are racist! Those aren't even real natives, but just actors pretending in a an awful way to be natives!!
Giving the devil his dues, I'm not sure how else they could work that gag into the movie without eliciting a resounding Yikes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom