Jungle Cruise boat sinks!

peter11435

Cameras are more connected, but things were still well documented years ago. Can you provide a date or incident of this happening? One should have evidence. If it has only happened a few times.

Tourists have had portable cameras for decades. Not as instant, but it is not like it would not of had photos of one of those incidents if the ride was operating.
Things do happen, but this one was easily preventable and when you are saying this has happened before, than it is shameful.

It's the WDW version of the Pressler era.
You’d be amazed how many things happened in the past that you don’t know about. Yes things were documented. But not nearly to the extent of today.

There are reasons photos do not exist of past events.

The last incident was in 2004. It sunk.

How can you say this was easily preventable when you don’t even know what caused it?

Missing20K

You’d be amazed how many things happened in the past that you don’t know about. Yes things were documented. But not nearly to the extent of today.

There are reasons photos do not exist of past events.

The last incident was in 2004. It sunk.

How can you say this was easily preventable when you don’t even know what caused it?
Not to bring up an old post, but I'm legitimately curious. If this has happened during periods of both exceptional maintenance practices and sub-par practices as well, what, in your opinion, distinct issues could continually* cause such similar outcomes?
So multiple failures of the same variety over a period of decades. Would that indicate a QA/QC issue during routine maintenance? Seems like something you'd want to correct more "permanently." Or is it akin to a roof leak, in that you don't know you have one until the water is pouring down the wall?
*EDIT: I suppose once every 16 years is not "continually" but some of your earlier posts did make it seem as though it happened more often. Once every decade and a half seems pretty minor.

Josh Hendy

*EDIT: I suppose once every 16 years is not "continually" but some of your earlier posts did make it seem as though it happened more often. Once every decade and a half seems pretty minor.
Well ... should boats carrying the public sink at all? Have the boats on 7 Seas Lagoon sunk before?

I was going to say, who cares if people get their shoes wet but when people are climbing onto the sides of the boat there is a risk of slipping, falling and maybe capsizing.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I suppose once every 16 years is not "continually" but some of your earlier posts did make it seem as though it happened more often. Once every decade and a half seems pretty minor.
Tell that to the dinosaurs...
1582918933819.png

Missing20K

Well ... should boats carrying the public sink at all? Have the boats on 7 Seas Lagoon sunk before?

I was going to say, who cares if people get their shoes wet but when people are climbing onto the sides of the boat there is a risk of slipping, falling and maybe capsizing.
JC boats are on a track. I don't think it's possible for them to capsize.

Josh Hendy

JC boats are on a track. I don't think it's possible for them to capsize.
I apologize that was also pointed out yesterday... but people were climbing on the sides of the boat which looks like they could slip and fall in deep water or hurt themselves.

Guy in the blue shirt looks like an accident waiting to happen.
Screenshot_20200228-145510_Samsung Internet.jpg

Castle Cake Apologist

Ride vehicles should never ever bump into each other, and what’s worse is that it should never be seen as common.

sigh.

I really agree in most cases, but this has always been an issue with WDW's People Mover. I worked the attraction over 10 years ago, and trains would occasionally bump into each other back then as well. I don't believe it's an issue with maintenance as much as the design of the ride system itself.

Mickeyboof

I really agree in most cases, but this has always been an issue with WDW's People Mover. I worked the attraction over 10 years ago, and trains would occasionally bump into each other back then as well. I don't believe it's an issue with maintenance as much as the design of the ride system itself.

Right, sure. But again, no ride system should be designed where vehicles bumping into one another is an “yeah it does that” moment.

peter11435

Not to bring up an old post, but I'm legitimately curious. If this has happened during periods of both exceptional maintenance practices and sub-par practices as well, what, in your opinion, distinct issues could continually* cause such similar outcomes?

I never meant to imply that it was continually happening or even a common occurrence. Just that it has happened before more than once. Thus my point that it’s not related to sub par or exceptional maintenance practices.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom