Jungle Cruise boat sinks!

the_rich

If you are thinking Disney will be proactive and offer first, that's wishful thinking.
They will definitely be proactive. I had an incident 2 years ago with a bed bug on my last night at jambo house. At 5am they opened the akl gift shop and my group of four were given new clothes, a free ride to the airport, one night of our stay comped and a free 3 day stay at any villa on property. I never asked for any of it. It was offered right away.

disney4life2008

They will definitely be proactive. I had an incident 2 years ago with a bed bug on my last night at jambo house. At 5am they opened the akl gift shop and my group of four were given new clothes, a free ride to the airport, one night of our stay comped and a free 3 day stay at any villa on property. I never asked for any of it. It was offered right away.

I really think it depends. My issue is that it should never be expected.

A Noble Fish

THIS IS HILARIOUS! Thank you @realBobChapek. I'm loving you already.

Thankfully, nobody was in any real danger, but it makes sense that they would be compensated a small, fair amount. If there's a bad scenario, they give out ice cream sandwiches or free merch. If you lose your Fastpass, you can get one for any other ride, and the list goes on.

Disney is really good about helping in those wild scenarios, and a boat sinking (albeit safely) seems like it's a situation where giving out free park tickets and clothing is fair, or even a relatively small sum of money because it is the right thing to do. It may not be as popular as it used to be, but many people really are good people. As someone said, they'll even open gift shops at off-hours to help people in many cases.

Someone mentioned that Kalli is comparable, but it's not at all. You're expecting to get wet on one, and even then, it would be awful if a raft would sink. Thankfully Jungle Cruise uses a concrete track to rest on. In that case, it would be an even bigger deal, but in this one, let's just make it positive!

That's what I would have done if I was in charge of the decision. Why not bring a positive out of this? Look back and laugh!

Dragonman

King Louie is at it again it seems...
A41F381D-3810-43B2-8962-BCF76B4C4291.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom