June 8 Food Network show to spotlight Walt Disney World Resort

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Original Poster
June 8 Food Network show to spotlight Walt Disney World Resort
06/05/2003

(Eyes and Ears) -- The Food Network will air an episode of "Unwrapped," a television show that uncovers behind-the-scenes details of American food, focusing on the Walt Disney World Resort on June 8 at 9 p.m.
The show will highlight food from across property, including the following segments:

Go back in time to an authentic '50s retro diner.

Learn the secrets behind a park specialty -- the turkey leg.

See how quick-service locations have changed the face of fast food.

Meet Walt Disney Imagineers.

Sample culinary delights from 11 countries featured at Epcot.

Play with your food by creating do-it-yourself desserts.

Attend a Disney-themed wedding.
"Unwrapped" also will share fun facts, such as:

The Walt Disney World Resort employs more than 350 chefs.

The resort encompasses 47 square miles.

Walt Disney World guests consume one million pounds of watermelon, three million pizzas and 1.5 million turkey legs each year.

The most expensive wedding cake ever baked at the resort cost more than $15,000.

You'll find Mickey Mouse's signature ears everywhere, from pretzels to ice cream bars and beyond.
For more information about the June 8 episode of "Unwrapped," visit www.foodnetwork.com on the Internet.

gjpjtj

Thanks for the info Rob, I was just going to post the same thing. (Glad I searched it first!)

Just a reminder to all this program airs tonight 6-8-2003!

Dayma

LOL I just got on here to post this also...now I dont have to :)
This should be an interesting show.....yummmm FOOOD

TrevEG

So... anyone watch it yet? :D I must say I was a bit dissapointed, although I now have this unbelievable craving for a turkey leg. :lol: Guess Ill just ave to wait a few more months....

Dayma

It was a decent show but for us Disney nuts on this board there wasnt much I havent seen except the PIZZA MACHINE.....I WANT ONE NOW NOW NOW!

He He......

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
It was good... except the turkey leg part...kinda grossed me out...:lol:

I want a HUGE Mickey Rice Krispy treat NOW! :sohappy: :sohappy:

kewlgrl127

I watched this show and I agree that its stuff disney fanatics already knew except for a few things. As a person who wants to get married in Disneyworld I especially loved the end part about the cakes. They look amazing. The show just made me sad that I have to wait so long for my next trip :(

THX-1701

Account Suspended
Originally posted by TrevEG
So... anyone watch it yet? :D I must say I was a bit dissapointed, although I now have this unbelievable craving for a turkey leg. :lol: Guess Ill just ave to wait a few more months....

What about the adult film;
"Mr.Loads wild ride!"
lol

Merlin

Account Suspended
Originally posted by DMC-12
It was good... except the turkey leg part...kinda grossed me out...:lol:

I want a HUGE Mickey Rice Krispy treat NOW! :sohappy: :sohappy:

The part about how they do the turkey legs didn't exactly make my mouth water, but it was by no means disgusting. A few months ago, someone on these boards posted that "if you knew how they made those turkey legs, you'd NEVER want to eat one!". I now know that was blown completely out of proportion. I am once again looking forward to my next turkey leg!!!

I liked the whole show. i was fascinated by the wedding cake thing. I thought that it was so great. i cant to have my wedding there. All i have to do now is wait about 7 years, and find a girl:lol:

DisneyJill

I LOVED the show, especially the wedding cake part. It made me want to get married there even more. I watched it again with my roommate at 11. I have never tried a turkey leg but when I go in July (and August!! :sohappy: ) I will definitely be trying one. I'm intrigued.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom