June 8 Food Network show to spotlight Walt Disney World Resort

TrevEG

Originally posted by blackride
It was a decent show but for us Disney nuts on this board there wasnt much I havent seen except the PIZZA MACHINE.....I WANT ONE NOW NOW NOW!

He He......

Im currently working on an in-house, prototype version of this machine using my pet hampster, 3 paper towl tubes, and a whole lot of rubber bands... Soft openings should begin sometime late october 2004. :lol:

Dayma

Im currently working on an in-house, prototype version of this machine using my pet hampster, 3 paper towl tubes, and a whole lot of rubber bands... Soft openings should begin sometime late october 2004.

He He can I see the blueprints?

David

OK I must admit, that the turkey leg thing never really appealed to me (too big, too messy) but I think my next trip MUST include a turkey leg, just to see what all the fuss is about!

tigsmom

Originally posted by Merlin0402
I missed the show. What do they do to the turkey legs?

They inject the legs with a brine (salt) solution to enhance the flavor. Many cooks brine their turkeys at home, too. It keeps them moist and adds flavor. I've never tried one of these, but maybe will in August. My 8 year old now wants to get married in Disney! Guess I'd better start saving my money.

In case you missed it it will be repeated on June 16th at 9pm. (a few other times too, but I can't find them just now.)

Wilt Dasney

I'll eat turkey legs with a ton of BBQ sauce..don't really care for the flavor unaccented.

and I'm no PETA person, but the mention of 40-lb. turkeys disturbed me a bit. Not that it comes as any real surprise, but birds that size have to be swimming in hormones and can probably barely move.

Ah well, I guess they'd rather tell us about giant turkeys than have people saying that they use emus.

TrevEG

I can see the headlines now... Giant Turkeys rise up and rebel against Disney World. Magic Kingdom taken hostage by 40' flightless birds. :lol:

Wckd Queen

I totally enjoyed it, taped it, then watched it again! Then I picked up the phone and thought about dialing 1-407.... :lol: I'm not liking my WDW drought, but its Disney or the new car I need to go to work so I can save up for my next trip down! :lol:

I was hoping that they would show the Main Street Bakery because right now, I could really go for one of their sticky buns! :kiss:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom