Trip Club June 2013

We're debating the dessert party right now. DW says they have availability every day of our stay as of right now, but they'll be gone within 48 hours. I need someone to talk me into it. Having a hard time justifying $90 for dessert for our family of 4 :eek:

Any one else planning on the dessert party?

We did the Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party on our last trip (July 2011) and I would say it is worth the cost. We really enjoyed it. We were doing MK on July 3rd and the park was crowded enough without trying to get a spot to watch the pre-July 4th fireworks. We ate a snack dinner so we had plenty of room for the yummy desserts. We aren't doing it this trip but I certainly would do it again if scheduling permitted.

gooftroop5

We're debating the dessert party right now. DW says they have availability every day of our stay as of right now, but they'll be gone within 48 hours. I need someone to talk me into it. Having a hard time justifying $90 for dessert for our family of 4 :eek:

We did the dessert party last June for my birthday. I am a huge sweets person, but my hubby is not. However there was plenty there that he found to eat. We took our kids (8,5, and 2 at the time) and they all enjoyed it. We scored a table right up front, which I was very excited about......except......about 30 minutes before wishes started everyone started lining up at the edge of the terrace. Because of our position and everyone standing we had to stand as well in order to see the castle and some of the fireworks. So....get there.....eat.....and stake out a place at the wall. For us it was worth it not having to struggle pushing a stroller through crowds to find a good spot to watch Wishes. Tinkerbell flies right over your head too, so that was neat for my daughter.

Some of the awesome desserts!
photo1_zps302dbf0b.jpg

The view! Sorry some are fuzzy. I had to use my iPhone since hubby "forgot" the camera in the room. ;)
photo2_zps47f6ebad.jpg

photo4_zps1d21a57d.jpg

photo3_zpsbac26e34.jpg

RedDad

Smitty Werben JagerManJensen
Still debating, but thanks for all your experiences with the dessert party. Our very first time in the MK with our oldest daughter was during MVMCP, and we were able to watch Wishes that night from Tomorrowland Terrace while having hot chocolate and cookies. I remember it being a great place to watch, and would love to do that again...

Now for the next decision - our MK days are Wed 6/5 (BOG for dinner at 5pm) and Fri 6/7 (CP early breakfast). I'd rather do it on Wed, but am concerned that we'll be too full after dinner at BOG...

MouseDreaming

Still debating, but thanks for all your experiences with the dessert party. Our very first time in the MK with our oldest daughter was during MVMCP, and we were able to watch Wishes that night from Tomorrowland Terrace while having hot chocolate and cookies. I remember it being a great place to watch, and would love to do that again.
We had this debate just yesterday. I was thinking it would be kind of a neat thing to do for my DD's birthday, since we are spending the better part of her birthday in an airplane trying to get to WDW. When I made the ressie, it told me how much, and I just can't do it. $105 for the 4 of us...for dessert. Nope. We passed.

Tink0102

Still debating, but thanks for all your experiences with the dessert party. Our very first time in the MK with our oldest daughter was during MVMCP, and we were able to watch Wishes that night from Tomorrowland Terrace while having hot chocolate and cookies. I remember it being a great place to watch, and would love to do that again...

Now for the next decision - our MK days are Wed 6/5 (BOG for dinner at 5pm) and Fri 6/7 (CP early breakfast). I'd rather do it on Wed, but am concerned that we'll be too full after dinner at BOG...

This was being discussed on another board that I was reading and based on what several others were saying I would think you would be ok with Wednesday night. Your dinner at 5 if your dessert reservation is at 9 you will have several hours to walk off some of your dinner to make room for dessert. I havent been yet so this is just the opinions of others that I have read. I hope it helps.
We have reservations for the dessert party too for our last night in MK. Our dinner reservations were for late (6:40) so we decided to cancel our dinner and just eat QS at an earlier time.

Littlekitten73

Oh you must do it, the food is to die for, the chocolate strawberries, the creme brûlée, the mango straws and the view for Wishes is unsurpassed, please just do it you won't regret it. It's wonderful :):):)

bethymouse

would love to, but hubby would never go for it.:(

bethymouse

Our schedule-
Sun. June 9 arrival at Saratoga Springs quick service meal and pool time!:)
June 10- EPCOT to ride test track many times! Turf Club % Grille back @ resort for dinner
June 11-MK The Plaza Restaurant for dinner and WISHES!
June 12- MK Fulton's for dinner and exploring DTD!
June 13- EPCOT ( last day before leaving) Via Napoli dinner and ILLUMINATIONS!
June 14 departure:(
Note: We didn't want to do AK and DHS this time. We missed our favorite TT last time, and we want to explore the New FL.:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom