Trip Club June 2013

Wikkler

Hi guys I am going June 16 through June 23
June 16 - Flight, then Blizzard Beach and dinner reservation at Maya Grill
June 17 - Epcot's Future World with dinner reservation at Coral Reef Restaurant
June 18 - Magic Kingdom with dinner res. at Tony's Town Square
June 19 - Magic Kingdom with dinner res. at T-REX at DTD.
June 20 - TL & Epcot's WS with reservation for dinner at Nine Dragons
June 21 - Hollywood Studios with dinner res. at Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater
June 22 - Animal Kingdom with reservations at Yak & Yeti for lunch and Rainforest Cafe for dinner.
June 23 - Leaving. Nothing Else. We don't have time I mean, the plane's leaving at 7:00! AM!
I'm scared to make any more reservations.

Pooh'sBuddy

Early in this thread, we spoke about the crowd calendar over at touring plans. The week we are going, the Park to Avoid is like none I have ever seen in years of using it. AK is listed as an avoid Monday THRU Friday. Never seen that before.

Wow! That is odd. Are you just going to pick a day and see how it goes?

MaxsDad

We used to make it our first park each trip. That tradition has faded though.

May go to one of the early EMH. I love being on one of the early am Safari trucks!

I started working on a plan again yesterday. I don't see AK as being a big issue. May just go when we feel like it. AK is not really hard to tour this time of year. EE and KS max out at about 50 standby, so you could do both in less than two hours even at the worst case. Our other favs, Dino, Bugs Life, FotLK, are essentially walk ons.

RedDad

Smitty Werben JagerManJensen
We used to make it our first park each trip. That tradition has faded though.

May go to one of the early EMH. I love being on one of the early am Safari trucks!

I started working on a plan again yesterday. I don't see AK as being a big issue. May just go when we feel like it. AK is not really hard to tour this time of year. EE and KS max out at about 50 standby, so you could do both in less than two hours even at the worst case. Our other favs, Dino, Bugs Life, FotLK, are essentially walk ons.
Our plans are being reconsidered now as well. We'd originally planned to do DHS & AK on Mon & Tues, with afternoon/evenings in Epcot both days, but this was based on the earlier predictions. Now we're thinking about doing Epcot all day Monday, and DHS on Tues. We're leaning toward AK on Saturday (early EMH) until lunch, then DHS SWW that afternoon, though we may do AK Sunday morning before going home...

ratherbeinwdw

Hi guys I am going June 16 through June 23
June 16 - Flight, then Blizzard Beach and dinner reservation at Maya Grill
June 17 - Epcot's Future World with dinner reservation at Coral Reef Restaurant
June 18 - Magic Kingdom with dinner res. at Tony's Town Square
June 19 - Magic Kingdom with dinner res. at T-REX at DTD.
June 20 - TL & Epcot's WS with reservation for dinner at Nine Dragons
June 21 - Hollywood Studios with dinner res. at Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater
June 22 - Animal Kingdom with reservations at Yak & Yeti for lunch and Rainforest Cafe for dinner.
June 23 - Leaving. Nothing Else. We don't have time I mean, the plane's leaving at 7:00! AM!
I'm scared to make any more reservations.
We usually only go to Sci-Fi for the surroundings, but I had the Vegetarian Shepard's Pie a couple weeks ago, and it was delicious. It had a spicy taste which I wasn't expecting. It was way better than the one at Rose & Crown. It was enough for two. It tasted like it had meat in it, but it didn't.

MaxsDad

Our plans are being reconsidered now as well. We'd originally planned to do DHS & AK on Mon & Tues, with afternoon/evenings in Epcot both days, but this was based on the earlier predictions. Now we're thinking about doing Epcot all day Monday, and DHS on Tues. We're leaning toward AK on Saturday (early EMH) until lunch, then DHS SWW that afternoon, though we may do AK Sunday morning before going home...

The departure day morning visit .....

Always, no, usually, a tough choice for us. Sometimes you want to get one more in, sometimes the day gets there and it is just not there, like on our last trip we were at BLT. Going to MK that morning was a no brainer in our planning. But when the day came, it was pouring, pouring rain fall. We just hit a couple of the shops we had put off, said "See ya real soon!", and went on our way. Great thing about DVC, i know I will be back, Lord willing.

When we had younger kids, they were so worn out by the vacation, they often wanted to leave instead of going to a park (usually it seemed to be DHS).

One thing we have done lately is the World of Disney visit on the way out. Pros: Shop all vacation, figure out what you want, then buy it all at once in one place and take it straight to the car. Cons: I am not a big fan of shopping, or spending money on "things". I am more of an "experience" person than a material person. So this is not a fun ending for me personally, and can actually add stress to my departure day which includes an 8 hour drive.

RedDad

The departure day morning visit .....

Always, no, usually, a tough choice for us. Sometimes you want to get one more in, sometimes the day gets there and it is just not there, like on our last trip we were at BLT. Going to MK that morning was a no brainer in our planning. But when the day came, it was pouring, pouring rain fall. We just hit a couple of the shops we had put off, said "See ya real soon!", and went on our way. Great thing about DVC, i know I will be back, Lord willing.

When we had younger kids, they were so worn out by the vacation, they often wanted to leave instead of going to a park (usually it seemed to be DHS).

One thing we have done lately is the World of Disney visit on the way out. Pros: Shop all vacation, figure out what you want, then buy it all at once in one place and take it straight to the car. Cons: I am not a big fan of shopping, or spending money on "things". I am more of an "experience" person than a material person. So this is not a fun ending for me personally, and can actually add stress to my departure day which includes an 8 hour drive.
We usually do go to a park on departure day (usually AK til noon) but had not really planned on it for this trip until now. We have about a 6 hour drive home normally, but this time we're actually just driving over to Daytona for a couple of days to see my parents (who are on vacation there that week), so we really could stay a full day in the park if we wanted before heading out.

Still not sure if we're going to fool with it or not. We honestly may just say to heck with the crowd calendar (I know...don't tel Len :eek:) and do AK on Monday for early EMH. The only downside to that is having to be at rope drop at 8am with a teenager...

I totally agree about your last statement. I think people who enjoy experiences more are drawn to WDW to begin with. Most of my coworkers just shake their heads at us spending so much money "with nothing to show for it." All about the memories and being with the family!

MaxsDad

We usually do go to a park on departure day (usually AK til noon) but had not really planned on it for this trip until now. We have about a 6 hour drive home normally, but this time we're actually just driving over to Daytona for a couple of days to see my parents (who are on vacation there that week), so we really could stay a full day in the park if we wanted before heading out.

Still not sure if we're going to fool with it or not. We honestly may just say to heck with the crowd calendar (I know...don't tel Len :eek:) and do AK on Monday for early EMH. The only downside to that is having to be at rope drop at 8am with a teenager...

I totally agree about your last statement. I think people who enjoy experiences more are drawn to WDW to begin with. Most of my coworkers just shake their heads at us spending so much money "with nothing to show for it." All about the memories and being with the family!

All those things will one day be in a landfill, along with the iphones, latest fashoins, furniture, cars, even houses will one day be rubble. What we have in our hearts can never be taken away, where moth and rust do not destroy and where thieves do not steal.

Anyway, I am with you. "Hang the code!" Go to AK during the week. We will be fine.

RedDad

What do you mean by "I have no idea what that means"?
I assumed they were referencing the fact that they already have a dinner reservation that same night...?
I booked a reservation at Hoop De Doo Revue for Dinner at 6:15 On June 20... I have no idea what that means :confused:
Hoop De Doo is a lot of fun if you've never done it before. I think it's something every person should do at least once, particularly if you have kids.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom