Trip Club June 2013

MaxsDad

We leave tomorrow! :D

Spent yesterday morning going over the finer points of our packing. I discovered that the cord I use to hook our MP3 player to our car stereo was missing. So I started looking all over for it, as that is what I listen to while driving. I never did find it, but I did find the cord I need to hook up my digital camera to the laptop to transfer pictures that had been missing since September. I had just recently replaced it, of course. So now I have two for the next time I lose it! It was in the plug in car cooler I use to keep drinks cold, why I put it there, though, I have no idea.

I found ponchos finally. Dicks Sporting Goods. However, they were almost 2 bucks a piece, as oppossed to under a dollar at WalMart. So instead of stocking up, I just got 4. Weather.com shows 40-60 percent chance of rain everyday, so I will likey need them. I hope it is just the typical afternoon storms that roll in and out.

MaxsDad

I was looking at touring plans lines app yesterday. They had test track at 120 minnutes. What? This was at like 1 pm. Yesterday was predicted to be 5 and Epcot was a recommended park. I am hoping this was just an anomally. Certainly, it is not that busy down there. I have been memorial week at least three times and TT usually maxs out at about 90.

bethymouse

OMG I feel so bad for your ds. We actually moved to the district I'm in now because the one I was in special needs programs started going down hill. I hope he feels much better before you leave home! xoxo
Why is it that all special needs programs always seem to get cut by the budget or are just not good in general?:( Our county has difficulty hiring qualified/certified teachers for those positions.:( Such a shame.:oops:

bethymouse

I was looking at touring plans lines app yesterday. They had test track at 120 minnutes. What? This was at like 1 pm. Yesterday was predicted to be 5 and Epcot was a recommended park. I am hoping this was just an anomally. Certainly, it is not that busy down there. I have been memorial week at least three times and TT usually maxs out at about 90.
Yikes! Fast pass baby!:eek:

PotteryGal

Why is it that all special needs programs always seem to get cut by the budget or are just not good in general?:( Our county has difficulty hiring qualified/certified teachers for those positions.:( Such a shame.:oops:

JMO: You can't apply a general band-aid solution to kids with individualized needs, so the uniqueness of their challenges gets overlooked in favor of the expedient solution. And in my own case, I have come to believe that parents are regards as 'obstacles' to schools doing their jobs instead of a vital part of the educational team. Problem is, we know our kids better than anyone, so our input is needed. And at this point, I mentally add, 'whether they like it or not' LOL
Anyway, my countdown app on my iPad says we will be checking into our townhouse in 7 days, 23 hours, and 18 minutes :D Getting my garage sale out of the way by tomorrow, then I can focus on packing. SO ready for this.

bethymouse

JMO: You can't apply a general band-aid solution to kids with individualized needs, so the uniqueness of their challenges gets overlooked in favor of the expedient solution. And in my own case, I have come to believe that parents are regards as 'obstacles' to schools doing their jobs instead of a vital part of the educational team. Problem is, we know our kids better than anyone, so our input is needed. And at this point, I mentally add, 'whether they like it or not' LOL
Anyway, my countdown app on my iPad says we will be checking into our townhouse in 7 days, 23 hours, and 18 minutes :D Getting my garage sale out of the way by tomorrow, then I can focus on packing. SO ready for this.
Our county has called the special educator " Multi-Categorical". It isn't "disability" specific. They have such a difficult time finding these certified teachers that often times they hire almost just anyone. It's very sad really.:( The only specific special needs teacher is for "autism", but they even have a hard time filling those positions.:( The parents absolutely should be a part of the educational "team". It's just all messed up right now. Teachers and parents need to have a mutual respect for one another, but that seems to be lacking as well.:( Welcome to the ever-changing world of EDUCATION!:eek:
I hope you have a great yard sale!:D

PotteryGal

Our county has called the special educator " Multi-Categorical". It isn't "disability" specific. They have such a difficult time finding these certified teachers that often times they hire almost just anyone. It's very sad really.:( The only specific special needs teacher is for "autism", but they even have a hard time filling those positions.:( The parents absolutely should be a part of the educational "team". It's just all messed up right now. Teachers and parents need to have a mutual respect for one another, but that seems to be lacking as well.:( Welcome to the ever-changing world of EDUCATION!:eek:
I hope you have a great yard sale!:D

Believe me, I hear ya! My daughter, because of her brother, wants to go into special education...and from what I have seen, that is not for the faint of heart. As for us, I give respect if I receive it in kind. I have no desire to be anything but a team player. As long as they keep, IMO, continuing to view parents as unable to contribute, my respect for them will wane. And it's sad. I just want my son to have his shot at the free and appropriate public education he is entitled to under federal law. Anyways, sorry for derailing the thread. Back to Disney!
Garage sale went well today, we should have plenty of fun souvenir hunting in a week :D How much do others here usually spend on souvenirs, especially if you've been to Disney before? I was planning to divide our garage sale earnings into thirds, 2/3rds for the kiddos, and DH and I splitting the remaining third. That still is going to be a decent amount of money for each kid.

Tink0102

Believe me, I hear ya! My daughter, because of her brother, wants to go into special education...and from what I have seen, that is not for the faint of heart. As for us, I give respect if I receive it in kind. I have no desire to be anything but a team player. As long as they keep, IMO, continuing to view parents as unable to contribute, my respect for them will wane. And it's sad. I just want my son to have his shot at the free and appropriate public education he is entitled to under federal law. Anyways, sorry for derailing the thread. Back to Disney!
Garage sale went well today, we should have plenty of fun souvenir hunting in a week :D How much do others here usually spend on souvenirs, especially if you've been to Disney before? I was planning to divide our garage sale earnings into thirds, 2/3rds for the kiddos, and DH and I splitting the remaining third. That still is going to be a decent amount of money for each kid.
We have never been, but I budgeted $100.00 for DS to spend at the Lego store and another $50 for him to spend on whatever, $60 for me, another $30 for miscellaneous gifts for mom and good friend. I also have $200 in miscellaneous spending budgeted and another $100 budgeted for stuff we may have forgotten to pack. Any of that $300 can be spent on souvenirs if we don't need it for other stuff. I think that should be plenty for us...probably more then plenty since DH and I are not big shoppers. Oh and I have $30 budgeted for those minnie mouse apples. A friend brought us one home from her trip and I enjoyed it so so much! But I know I don't need 3 of them so I'll be under budget on that....probably ;)

Figgy1

I'm probably going to spend about $400 including a couple of shirts:eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom