Trip Club June 2013

Alley7728

Oh dddddear.... as Piglet would say...
I just checked the weather on accuweather.com for June 9-14 and it calls for "downpours".:( I can handle "rain", but "downpours"!:eek: Ponchos ready for this trip.:( But, I'm hoping the weather is wrong!:eek: No luck on BOG reservation cancellations it seems either.:( Oh well, a rainy day @ Disney is better than a sunny day @ home/work.:D
We have been checking for BOG too. No luck.:( Think we are going to try a walk up at lunch. We are in the middle of a downpour right now, but it has been beautiful all day. It will be over quickly and you can bank on that for your trip as well;)

bethymouse

We have been checking for BOG too. No luck.:( Think we are going to try a walk up at lunch. We are in the middle of a downpour right now, but it has been beautiful all day. It will be over quickly and you can bank on that for your trip as well;)
Thanks Alley. It seems the lunch idea is best. Hope you're having a fabulous time!:D

PotteryGal

Oh dddddear.... as Piglet would say...
I just checked the weather on accuweather.com for June 9-14 and it calls for "downpours".:( I can handle "rain", but "downpours"!:eek: Ponchos ready for this trip.:( But, I'm hoping the weather is wrong!:eek: No luck on BOG reservation cancellations it seems either.:( Oh well, a rainy day @ Disney is better than a sunny day @ home/work.:D

Added that to my shopping list for tomorrow - hoping to get the last minute things for traveling, and ponchos is on the list. Biggest days that look to be affected for us is our day at AK, and the next day at Epcot. All I care about is that the kids get lots of pool time in, so we'll deal. Also looks like mid-90's pretty much all week...

Tink0102

What does "a couple of thunderstorms" mean in Florida terms? Accuweather is showing every day of our week with a couple of thunderstorms except for the last day when it says "A thunderstorm" 2 of the days are showing black clouds, 3 are showing Sun with a bolt coming out of white clouds, and the one day is showing sun. I know it rains just about every afternoon in the summer, but is this prediction for more than that do you think?

Figgy1

What does "a couple of thunderstorms" mean in Florida terms? Accuweather is showing every day of our week with a couple of thunderstorms except for the last day when it says "A thunderstorm" 2 of the days are showing black clouds, 3 are showing Sun with a bolt coming out of white clouds, and the one day is showing sun. I know it rains just about every afternoon in the summer, but is this prediction for more than that do you think?
NO! I just checked weather channel for the next 10 days and it says usual June weather.:)

Alley7728

Tink, I have lived in Fl. most of my life. Even though I am in Tallahassee now that is the normal weather pattern. I have seen it rain at
one end of my driveway and not a drop on our house. Even though I can't wave my wand and promise you one full week of liquid gold... (would if I could but that darn thing is on the fritz again:mad: ). I would bet you a dole whip, unless there is a storm system coming through, that from 7am to 4pm or later you should be nice and dry and HOT. If the popcorn showers come in any earlier they will be over soon enough. I will be sending Dry thoughts and pixie wishes your way.

Alley7728

Thanks y'all. That makes me feel better. Scattered or occasional thunderstorms I can handle. A full day of thunder and lightening...not so much. I am afraid of lightening
I'm not crazy about lightening either. Just keep your eyes on the skies. There is usually alot of thunder and lightening involved with these short lived storms. Try and make it to an indoor attraction before the skies open up.

Tink0102

Who was it that made the tye dye t-shirts? My group is still thinking about doing this. I was wondering about the dental floss outline. I'm thinking that the wax on the floss is suppose to act as a barrier to keep the dyes from bleeding. If that's the case I wonder if it would work better if we outline Mickey head with a white crayon and then in the dental floss. Might be a bit of overkill, but we are getting down to the wire now and will have only one shot. What do you think?

Pooh'sBuddy

Yikes! Now accuweather.com says cloudy all of the days w/ showers. Oh well. I can deal w/ it I guess.;)

We'll see what happens. Who knows. It could rain in EP and not MK or vice versa, but I presume that the rain will follow me around since I don't want to get wet.

Who was it that made the tye dye t-shirts? My group is still thinking about doing this. I was wondering about the dental floss outline. I'm thinking that the wax on the floss is suppose to act as a barrier to keep the dyes from bleeding. If that's the case I wonder if it would work better if we outline Mickey head with a white crayon and then in the dental floss. Might be a bit of overkill, but we are getting down to the wire now and will have only one shot. What do you think?

That was I, Tink. Not that I am an expert by a long shot, but I presume that's why we used dental floss, but it was the rubber bands, that apparently need to be REALLY tight, to keep the dye from seeping into that part of the cloth. Are you thinking that the crayon will make a waxy barrier? I hadn't thought of that. Maybe so, but you may have to do it on both sides of the fabric. If you want to skip that time consuming step all together, the fabric painted mickey head doesn't look too bad from a distance.

PotteryGal

After the week I have had, I am really starting to anticipate the pixie dust. My son just finished his fifth grade year ~ I have mentioned before he has special needs. On Tuesday his class had a pool party, and no one bothered to put the sunscreen on him that I sent along. He came home so burnt that even two days later it hurts him to raise his arms (no blisters, thank goodness). In addition, today I received in his grade card a letter about extended school this summer (he qualifies for so many hours based on his IEP), and they said that they were doing 4 days, 3 hours a day, and two of those four days will be while we are in Florida! And yes, they knew our vacation days at his IEP. Now I could kick and scream and raise a fit about all of this, but quite frankly, I think it would be a waste of breath. No apology for his sunburn whatsoever, and they flat out stated in the letter that they would not be making up the extended school days. So yes, bring on the pixie dust.....and the dole whips....and a chance to forget how this school year ended...:(

bethymouse

@ PotteryGal
I am so very sorry about the way your school year ended.:( I can sympathize w/ you.:( They should've at least apologized.:( Hopefully the "extended school day program" allows for absences. I know ours does. It's limited, but it does.;)
Go and have a blast Gal!:D Pixie Dust all around!:D

bethymouse

Just went to Wal*Mart for some extra little things for our trip. I still have to pick up a few more.;) I have 8 days to go! 6 more days of work!:eek: So... I'm putting a # 6 here for the # of work/school days left! Boy- is my schedule busy!:eek: But, it keeps the days going by faster!;)
images

Tink0102

We'll see what happens. Who knows. It could rain in EP and not MK or vice versa, but I presume that the rain will follow me around since I don't want to get wet.

That was I, Tink. Not that I am an expert by a long shot, but I presume that's why we used dental floss, but it was the rubber bands, that apparently need to be REALLY tight, to keep the dye from seeping into that part of the cloth. Are you thinking that the crayon will make a waxy barrier? I hadn't thought of that. Maybe so, but you may have to do it on both sides of the fabric. If you want to skip that time consuming step all together, the fabric painted mickey head doesn't look too bad from a distance.
Yeah, that was my thought. After reading this though I remember your telling us about the rubber bands. I'll let you know how they turn out and what we decided to do.

PotteryGal

@ PotteryGal
I am so very sorry about the way your school year ended.:( I can sympathize w/ you.:( They should've at least apologized.:( Hopefully the "extended school day program" allows for absences. I know ours does. It's limited, but it does.;)
Go and have a blast Gal!:D Pixie Dust all around!:D

Unfortunately, the IEP is written in such a way, that it generally says he qualifies for ESY, but not a specific # of days/hours. They are offering 12, but can only be there for 6. And apparently he cannot make the other 6 hours up. So I will, somehow, someway, figure out how to help him transition to middle school. In the meantime, have a blast I will, m'dear! And I hope the remainder of your school year goes well and you have a great trip as well! :)

Figgy1

After the week I have had, I am really starting to anticipate the pixie dust. My son just finished his fifth grade year ~ I have mentioned before he has special needs. On Tuesday his class had a pool party, and no one bothered to put the sunscreen on him that I sent along. He came home so burnt that even two days later it hurts him to raise his arms (no blisters, thank goodness). In addition, today I received in his grade card a letter about extended school this summer (he qualifies for so many hours based on his IEP), and they said that they were doing 4 days, 3 hours a day, and two of those four days will be while we are in Florida! And yes, they knew our vacation days at his IEP. Now I could kick and scream and raise a fit about all of this, but quite frankly, I think it would be a waste of breath. No apology for his sunburn whatsoever, and they flat out stated in the letter that they would not be making up the extended school days. So yes, bring on the pixie dust.....and the dole whips....and a chance to forget how this school year ended...:(
OMG I feel so bad for your ds. We actually moved to the district I'm in now because the one I was in special needs programs started going down hill. I hope he feels much better before you leave home! xoxo

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom