Trip Club June 2013

Pooh'sBuddy

So, the shirts didn't turn out very well. The rubber bands didn't help at all. I guess I didn't make them tight enough. Need to make another trip to Michael's to get fabric paint to make a good mickey head outline. Yeah, I'll post a pic soon so we can all see my lack of "artist"ness.

MouseDreaming

So, the shirts didn't turn out very well. The rubber bands didn't help at all. I guess I didn't make them tight enough. Need to make another trip to Michael's to get fabric paint to make a good mickey head outline. Yeah, I'll post a pic soon so we can all see my lack of "artist"ness.
Aw, I'm sorry they didn't turn out. Are you going to start over again, or just take the tie dye shirts and put a mickey head on them? Depending on how the dye job came out, I think I would try option number two. I don't think I would be brave enough to start from the top.

Pooh'sBuddy

Aw, I'm sorry they didn't turn out. Are you going to start over again, or just take the tie dye shirts and put a mickey head on them? Depending on how the dye job came out, I think I would try option number two. I don't think I would be brave enough to start from the top.

Oh, no! We're not doing this again. Although we got the shirts and dye at Michael's with a coupon, we're not trying it again. Thanks for your condolences. I'm just going to outline the mickey head so everyone can see that's what it is.

Tink0102

Here's the pic. Mine's the blue with the big yellow blob. The hubby's is the best - the red with the blue head, although we ran out of red dye. Son #1 has the matching shirt on the end, while son #2's shirt is the yellow with the orange mickey.

The two red ones look pretty good to me. Did you outline them in the dental floss? The more I think about it the more I think I might go with Raven' s iron on idea. Less messy and no-fail

Pooh'sBuddy

The two red ones look pretty good to me. Did you outline them in the dental floss? The more I think about it the more I think I might go with Raven' s iron on idea. Less messy and no-fail

Yes, all four I sewed with the dental floss to outline the mickey. I think I just put waaaay too much dye on the mickeys and didn't put the rubber bands around the heads on tight enough so the lots of dye soaked under the bands and made the undefined blobs.

@Pooh'sBuddy Show a picture with the outline. I bet that will do the trick!

Thanks for the happy thoughts. I'm sure outlining will make them look better.

PotteryGal

26 days left till we arrive in Orlando.:D My daughter told me she was looking the most forward to getting to our townhouse and heading for the patio pool and doing nothing else. I told her we could have saved a lot of money on tickets if that's all she wanted to do LOL. I do have a question: has anyone ever gone up to Showcase of Citrus in the Clermont area? I thought it would be cool to take the kids to a citrus grove while we're there, and that looks to be the closest. Another off-property thing my hubby is doing with our son is taking him to Dinosaur World. I have a feeling the next few weeks are going to be flying by, with end of school madness, garage sale planning, and prepping for vacation. Exciting times!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom