Trip Club June 2013

MouseDreaming

Well the kids love video games...
I don't know if I'll get to do everything I want so maybe if I can get some advice...?
Those are some pretty ambitious plans. I would say, find out from each person the one thing they are most looking forward to, and take it from there. My other piece of advice...WDW isn't designed to be able to do it all in one trip. Don't try it. You'll make yourself crazy. Make sure you have some down time. Be flexible with your plans.

Wikkler

Those are some pretty ambitious plans. I would say, find out from each person the one thing they are most looking forward to, and take it from there. My other piece of advice...WDW isn't designed to be able to do it all in one trip. Don't try it. You'll make yourself crazy. Make sure you have some down time. Be flexible with your plans.
What CAN I do in one day?

MouseDreaming

Really, it depends on you and your fellow travelers. For instance, I can tell you that although our plane lands around 2 at MCO, we are taking DME to our hotel, and I figure it would be anywhere from1-1 1/2 hrs before we are all settled in. The plane ride seems to exhaust us, so we will probably take it easy by the pool, eat at the food court, maybe head to DTD. Then we should be rested up for the next day, which is MK intensive.

Pooh'sBuddy

Well the kids love video games...
I don't know if I'll get to do everything I want so maybe if I can get some advice...?

If your kids like video games, each of the resorts have video game rooms. How much is it to just get into DisneyQuest?

Also, I like how you split up your Park touring. Just focus on one half instead of going full throttle through the whole Park.

Have a list of what all you want to do and what you can skip. Plan your morning or afternoon based on those and be flexible. Get back on an attraction if your wait time is low or come back if a wait time is too high. Be proactive when someone starts getting hungry or tired.

Wikkler

OK then.
An overview of my first day:
  1. Go to *** airport at 9:30 AM
  2. Arrive at SFB at 11:15 AM
  3. Check in at hotel
  4. Go to Blizzard Beach for the day
  5. Resort hop to nearby hotels
  6. Eat dinner at 6:45 at Maya Grill
  7. Go to DisneyQuest for about 30-45 minutes
  8. Go to hotel
  9. Sleep

Wikkler

If your kids like video games, each of the resorts have video game rooms. How much is it to just get into DisneyQuest?

I have a water park ticket, that covers it.
I have a 6-day ticket even though I'm going for 7 days because my 7th day is a day I go to a water park. It uses up one of the WPF&M option tickets instead of the park tickets.
So my 6 water park tickets will be used up by my visits to the 2 water parks and going to DisneyQuest for 30-45 minutes on 4 days

Pooh'sBuddy

OK then.
An overview of my first day:
  1. Go to *** airport at 9:30 AM
  2. Arrive at SFB at 11:15 AM
  3. Check in at hotel
  4. Go to Blizzard Beach for the day
  5. Resort hop to nearby hotels
  6. Eat dinner at 6:45 at Maya Grill
  7. Go to DisneyQuest for about 30-45 minutes
  8. Go to hotel
  9. Sleep

How long does it take to get from SFB to your hotel and then to Blizzard Beach? I wouldn't think you would be there for very long if you resort hop and have dinner ADRs at Maya Grill at 6:45, but I may just have a different opinion than everyone else.

Pooh'sBuddy

I have a water park ticket, that covers it.
I have a 6-day ticket even though I'm going for 7 days because my 7th day is a day I go to a water park. It uses up one of the WPF&M option tickets instead of the park tickets.
So my 6 water park tickets will be used up by my visits to the 2 water parks and going to DisneyQuest for 30-45 minutes on 4 days

Can you go to BB and DQ in the same day? Is it like the parkhopper tickets?

Mawg

This is my first trip...My schedule looks like this:
  1. Arrive, plane lands at 11:15, Blizzard Beach water park, dinner reservation at Maya Grill at Coronado Resort at 6:45 PM, DisneyQuest at Downtown Disney
  2. Epcot's Future World section, dinner reservation at 7:00 pm for Coral Reef
  3. Magic Kingdom, eastern half (Tomorrowland & Fantasyland), dinner reservation for Tony's Town Square at 7:05 PM
  4. Magic Kingdom, western half (Liberty Square, Frontierland, & Adventureland), late lunch reservtaion for T-Rex at downtown disney at 2:30 PM
  5. Typhoon Lagoon water park & Epcot's World Showcase section, DisneyQuest, reservation for breakfast at Kouzzina at BoardWalk at 9:45, dinner reservation for Nine Dragons at Epcot at 6:45
  6. Disney's Hollywood Studios, 7:45 dinner reservation for Sci-Fi Dine-In, DisneyQuest
  7. Animal Kingdom, Animal Kingdom Resort, DisneyQuest, lunch reservation at Yak & Yeti @ noon, dinner reservation for Rainforest Cafe at 7:00
  8. The aformentioned plane leaving at 7:00 in the morning
I want to go to DisneyQuest on one of the Magic Kingdom days, but I don't know which one.

We have plans to resort-hop on most days, to every resort

Honestly this looks pretty bad to me. What resort are you staying at?

1. by the time your plane lands and you get to the resort 2 hours will have passed, you won't get to the Water park until about 3pm getting back to your resort and getting ready for dinner and to dinner depending on where you are staying will take another 1.5 hours, you'll have about an hour to 1.5 hrs at the water park.
2. Looks good. You can probably do most of future World by mid-afternoon, get started as soon as the gates open. You can probably enjoy some the world showcase and illuminations in the evening. Coral Reef has a nice atmosphere for the kids and the food is just OK. There are better dinning option in World Showcase but that's opinionated.
3. Day looks good, if you get started right when the gates open you may be able to move to Adventureland and Frontierland by evening so that when you visit again you'll have more time to repeat some of you're favorite attraction, but smart to give MK two full days.
4. Your late lunch at downtown Disney will take a lot out of your day. Are you planning to end your day at downtown Disney and Disney Quest or go back to the Magic Kingdom? Transportation between areas, always plan on at least an hour. Downtown Disney and Disney Quest are good for a total of .5 days for your whole vacation. Unless you really like shopping but then World Showcase might be more fun. I would find a dinning reservation at the MK and just stay there for the whole day again.
5. I don't know when you were planning to go to all these places morning, afternoon, evening but way too much transportation used here. You're starting at the Boardwalk in the morning, what resort are you at? A boardwalk resort if not travel time will be a factor, are you going to Epcot World Showcase after wards, it does not open until 11am. Travel to a water park from Epcot or back to the resort and then to the water park. Either way travel time, then to Disney Quest and back to Epcot. This just cannot all be done you will spend 5 hrs this day just traveling.
6. Looks good by I think you'll be sick of Disney Quest and wish you had more time at the parks.
7. Are you staying at the Animal Kingdom resort, traveling to resorts take a lot of time unless they are on the monorail route. Dinning reservations look good. Again, my opinion is DisneyQuest is not worth spending this many trips too.

A lot of this is just my opinion so please do not be offended. Overall though I would say try to eliminate so much travel and keep it to one hop per day. These parks are far apart and busses only come around one every 15 - 20 minutes, In June there will be Bus lines and you will have to wait for multiple busses to finally get on one.

Wikkler

Honestly this looks pretty bad to me. What resort are you staying at?

Silver Lake.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...ews-Silver_Lake_Resort-Kissimmee_Florida.html

1. by the time your plane lands and you get to the resort 2 hours will have passed, you won't get to the Water park until about 3pm getting back to your resort and getting ready for dinner and to dinner depending on where you are staying will take another 1.5 hours, you'll have about an hour to 1.5 hrs at the water park.

If we're driving a rental car, does it really take that long?
Google maps says it will only take 1 hour.
and probably not too long for Blizzard Beach either.

2. Looks good. You can probably do most of future World by mid-afternoon, get started as soon as the gates open. You can probably enjoy some the world showcase and illuminations in the evening. Coral Reef has a nice atmosphere for the kids and the food is just OK. There are better dinning option in World Showcase but that's opinionated.

I was splitting Epcot in half... I don't know.

3. Day looks good, if you get started right when the gates open you may be able to move to Adventureland and Frontierland by evening so that when you visit again you'll have more time to repeat some of you're favorite attraction, but smart to give MK two full days.

Does it take that long to do Liberty Square.. It only has 3 attractions :eek:

4. Your late lunch at downtown Disney will take a lot out of your day. Are you planning to end your day at downtown Disney and Disney Quest or go back to the Magic Kingdom? Transportation between areas, always plan on at least an hour. Downtown Disney and Disney Quest are good for a total of .5 days for your whole vacation. Unless you really like shopping but then World Showcase might be more fun. I would find a dinning reservation at the MK and just stay there for the whole day again.

We are planning to go back to MK afterwards... again, rental car, although one day we'd like to ride the monorail.
I found less attractions on the western side but... you're the expert.

5. I don't know when you were planning to go to all these places morning, afternoon, evening but way too much transportation used here. You're starting at the Boardwalk in the morning, what resort are you at? A boardwalk resort if not travel time will be a factor, are you going to Epcot World Showcase after wards, it does not open until 11am. Travel to a water park from Epcot or back to the resort and then to the water park. Either way travel time, then to Disney Quest and back to Epcot. This just cannot all be done you will spend 5 hrs this day just traveling.

drive to BoardWalk in morning
BoardWalk - breakfast
Typhoon Lagoon afterwards
Go to Downtown Disney after that
Spend time at Epcot until closing.

6. Looks good by I think you'll be sick of Disney Quest and wish you had more time at the parks.

We are only spending 30 to 45 minutes at Disney Quest and I can't find a day where I can spend the full 2 to 3 hours.

7. Are you staying at the Animal Kingdom resort, traveling to resorts take a lot of time unless they are on the monorail route. Dinning reservations look good. Again, my opinion is DisneyQuest is not worth spending this many trips too.

We are travelling to the resort immediately after we eat dinner at AK...

A lot of this is just my opinion so please do not be offended. Overall though I would say try to eliminate so much travel and keep it to one hop per day. These parks are far apart and busses only come around one every 15 - 20 minutes, In June there will be Bus lines and you will have to wait for multiple busses to finally get on one.

I've already explained, we will probably be driving everywhere with our rental car instead of taking the buses.

Mawg

Silver Lake.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...ews-Silver_Lake_Resort-Kissimmee_Florida.html

If we're driving a rental car, does it really take that long?
Google maps says it will only take 1 hour.
and probably not too long for Blizzard Beach either.

I was splitting Epcot in half... I don't know.

Does it take that long to do Liberty Square.. It only has 3 attractions :eek:

We are planning to go back to MK afterwards... again, rental car, although one day we'd like to ride the monorail.
I found less attractions on the western side but... you're the expert.

drive to BoardWalk in morning
BoardWalk - breakfast
Typhoon Lagoon afterwards
Go to Downtown Disney after that
Spend time at Epcot until closing.

We are only spending 30 to 45 minutes at Disney Quest and I can't find a day where I can spend the full 2 to 3 hours.

We are travelling to the resort immediately after we eat dinner at AK...

I've already explained, we will probably be driving everywhere with our rental car instead of taking the buses.

OK, with a car it's much easier but parking is further away than the bus drops you off. Getting into and out of MK with a car can take awhile as you have to take a monorail or boat to get there after you park. I still think you will find you are having so much fun at the parks your plans will change and you will not want to go back to Downtown Disney or Disney Quest again. I think you will have a great time and with a car you can stay flexible. One more thing to consider when park hopping is Fast Pass. Read up on this as it is a huge time saver. A problem with too many plans in one day is you might go to an attraction and find an 80 minute wait, you'll want to fast pass it, you look to see when the fast pass is good for (there's a big sign that tells you if you get a fast pass what times it will be good for) and you'll see that it will not become good until a time you'll already be gone. You'll either have to wait the 80 mins, skip the attraction or change your plans.

Mawg

I thought I would post my plans for opinions. This is a plan for 11 people total, 4 children and 7 adults for our family reunion. We have a handicap child in our party that will need some downtime each day to try and help prevent seizures. We also have grandma and grandpa with us that may need some rest times. This is the tentative plan for all, but some people may want to skip the resort nap if they don’t need it or still go back to the resort and swim instead. Also, if they want to they can skip a half day as long as they make the half with the dinning reservation (I don’t want to get charged for a no show). We have park hopper and the Dinning Plan. Kids are still too young for the water parks, 4, 5, 6 and 9(handicap) and will be happy with the resort pool.

Day 1: Arrive late, staying at PORS, dinner at food court unpack.

Day 2: Resort time and Downtown Disney. Pool in the morning or Fishing with Grandpa, wait for groceries to be delivered. Late morning early afternoon take boat to DD, lunch at Bongos or Cookes of Dublin. Night – Dinner at O’hana, fireworks on the beach of the poly after and maybe the boat light parade, monorail then bus back to PORS.

Day3: Epcot Morning and MK Night. Before park opens breakfast at Akershus. Epcot Future world, afternoon back to resort for rest. MK at night for EMH, dinner at Columbia Harbor House.

Day 4: AK Morning and HS Night. EMH Morning at AK, Lunch at Flame Tree, leave by 2pm for rest at resort. Night at HS for EMH and SciFi Diner, Fantasmic and Dance Party

Day 5: MK morning and Epcot Night. Chef Mickey’s breakfast before park opens then MK, Dole Whip for snack. Resort nap. Night at Epcot world pavilion and dinner at Via Napoli.

Day 6: AK morning and HS Night. Yak and Yeti Lunch, leave AK around 2 for resort nap. HS for night.

Day 7: MK morning and Epcot Night. EMH morning at MK, resort afternoon nap, Epcot night and dinner at Biergarten.

Day 8: Epcot morning and MK night. EMH morning at Epcot, afternoon nap at resort, EMH evening at MK, Dinner at Lib Tree Tavern.

Day 9: HS morning and MK night. EMH morning at HS, afternoon resort nap, MK night, Dinner at Be Our Guest.

Day 10: Check out, go to airport to rent a car, travel to beach for 6 more days of vacation.

bethymouse

Down to 30 days!! Is it bad that I'm already having a hard time focusing on work?
I am totally all Disney now- even when I sleep. Oh those Disney dreams!:D I'm just absolutely a crazy woman!:eek: My students are "checked out" already so to speak, and frankly so am I!:eek: I have 36 days left!:eek: Enjoy the countdown and anticipation if you can.;) Have you gotten your Disney Mail yet?;)

bethymouse

Just a thought to 1st timers: Take it easy and smell the roses a bit.;) Park hopping, and even staying off site can be very daunting on your 1st trip. Don't try to do everything, as hopefully you'll return again soon!;) Just my humble opinion.;)
I remember my 1st time back to WDW in 2007 after a 7 year hiatus, I was overwhelmed! But, I was hooked!:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom