july 4th and return to normal.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Keep the masks, keep the park attendance limits, but bring back the fireworks.

The thing is the capacity has already increased without anything else increasing.
You need more resorts, more CM's, more attractions, and more restaurants available to spread people out more before you bring back fireworks or parades for that matter that draw the crowds to one location.

Amidala

I think the massive uptick in CM callbacks and even external job postings are pretty telling. Wouldn't be surprised if masks remained (in some form) until fall/winter if not longer, but I'm hoping Fantasmic will be back at some point in the summer if TDO is able to pull off FOLK without too many snags. It's a much smaller show, but maybe they can use it to test social distancing procedures for restricting capacity, getting people in and out without crowding, etc. Thinking Harmonious will premiere by Oct. but not sure about HEA since the castle hub is such a tight space. No idea when parades will become viable again since it would be pretty much impossible to enforce distancing along the entire parade route.

I know insiders on here have hinted at fireworks coming back sooner rather than later but I'm afraid to get my hopes up too much. But with Horror Nights confirmed by UO, it seems possible Disney will want to counter with MNSSHP. Maybe a diminished version?

Walt Disney1955

I'm oddly optimistic that before summer ends masks will be gone.
I'm definitely preparing myself for being required to wear one for my late August trip but also hoping that I don't have to.
I live in the Buffalo NY area and cases were going up for about 3 weeks but seem like maybe the are leveling off and will start going back down.
I really think that this "wave" will not be as high or as devastating and then things will start turning around quickly.

October is a chance for us to go there as well. Lots of time to get a report from others on how normal it is by then too. Masks have to be gone, or at least be optional before our trip is booked though.

Lilofan

I think the massive uptick in CM callbacks and even external job postings are pretty telling. Wouldn't be surprised if masks remained (in some form) until fall/winter if not longer, but I'm hoping Fantasmic will be back at some point in the summer if TDO is able to pull off FOLK without too many snags. It's a much smaller show, but maybe they can use it to test social distancing procedures for restricting capacity, getting people in and out without crowding, etc. Thinking Harmonious will premiere by Oct. but not sure about HEA since the castle hub is such a tight space. No idea when parades will become viable again since it would be pretty much impossible to enforce distancing along the entire parade route.

I know insiders on here have hinted at fireworks coming back sooner rather than later but I'm afraid to get my hopes up too much. But with Horror Nights confirmed by UO, it seems possible Disney will want to counter with MNSSHP. Maybe a diminished version?
When Fantasmic back in the day fills up to their 8K capacity, some guests get turned away last minute and are denied entry. Some don't take it well. If Fantasmic operates in a much smaller capacity there are going to be a lot more upset families that cannot see the nightly show.

havoc315

I can see fireworks returning but AFTER the park closes. Watch from your hotel or parking lots.

Which would defeat the purpose of the fireworks. They aren't meant as a gift to the crowds to enjoy --
They are there to drive up attendance in the evening. Prevent people from leaving the park before dinner.
It's not cheap to have fireworks shows, there needs to be a financial return.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Which would defeat the purpose of the fireworks. They aren't meant as a gift to the crowds to enjoy --
They are there to drive up attendance in the evening. Prevent people from leaving the park before dinner.
It's not cheap to have fireworks shows, there needs to be a financial return.
I’d assume at the present time there isn’t a need to keep people in the park until later.

wdwfan22

I think it’s safe to say that capacity will be increased before summer. I don’t see Fourth of July being celebrated with fireworks as it would create to much demand. I see fireworks returning after the holiday In some form. Temperature checks should also disappear as summer approaches. Mask will remain for awhile.

DisneyJoe

I think it’s safe to say that capacity will be increased before summer. I don’t see Fourth of July being celebrated with fireworks as it would create to much demand. I see fireworks returning after the holiday In some form. Temperature checks should also disappear as summer approaches. Mask will remain for awhile.
Why should temperature checks disappear? Disney lawyers want to reduce risk as much as possible, and without temperature checks, you could allow an infected person (or a few) enter the park and then you would end up with a spreader event.

mergatroid

When Fantasmic back in the day fills up to their 8K capacity, some guests get turned away last minute and are denied entry. Some don't take it well. If Fantasmic operates in a much smaller capacity there are going to be a lot more upset families that cannot see the nightly show.

I'm sure if they wanted to Disney could publicise that initially Fantasmic is reservation or FP+ only. There'd still be some disgruntled guests but if it was widely publicised I think that could help this popular show.

Pepper's Ghost

Not even outside?! Mask wearing in fresh air is ludicrous.
Just my opinion of what might happen. Assuming you have to wear masks in line, taking them off while walking in close proximity to others doesn't make sense to me especially if they increase capacity. I play competitive men's softball, and the park district requires masks be worn in the field. They're trying to minimize risk not only for players, but for the park district. Disney is certain to do this also to reduce risk as @DisneyJoe stated and IMO this would include mask wearing for 2021, or until the COVID curve bends hard towards zero.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom