Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
We got in the queue this morning before the QR poster went up. It all went well for us and we waited about 25 minutes to get inside. The walkthrough is great. Very nice theming and fun interactivity with the water. There we so many people in line, but it didn’t feel crowded inside. A few hours later I saw that we could join the virtual queue in the app, so I think we could have gone again.

SingleRider

Premium Member
Here is what is showing in MDE currently. It looks like they’ll only use the VQ as needed (at least for now).

Attachments

• IMG_7422.jpeg
    IMG_7422.jpeg
    125.4 KB · Views: 84

prberk

... and there were a good number fewer attractions, too.

If attraction capacity has not kept pace with rising attendance over the years, they've only got themselves to blame for that.
Absolutely. They keep replacing high-throughput and longer attractions with much lower-throughput and shorter attractions — and then complicating things with virtual queues and pay to play, I mean “Genie Plus.”

MagicHappens1971

They already disrespect AP holders by letting Cast Members at CM preview to invite friends who aren't they're friends who are just AP holders like everyone else here. Cast Members should only be inviting their family otherwise no-one else!🙄 Then Disney applying major rules for AP/DVC previews. 🙄
I think CMs that have to deal with entitled people like you should be able to bring whoever they’d like to the CM preview.

In the Parks
No
I really fail to understand how there is such a huge demand for something that is basically window shopping. If anything screams "just view it on youtube" this is it.
But you can't touch the water strings on YouTube!

I don't get the long lines either. I think it's just demand for something that was behind construction walls for so long and is now here. It could have been anything and it would be jammed.

Disstevefan1

I really fail to understand how there is such a huge demand for something that is basically window shopping. If anything screams "just view it on youtube" this is it.
The huge demand is because its new its as simple as that.

In a subject that is sort of related. One day we were in EPCOT we saw this insane line that went on forever.

I had to ask one of the folks in line what was this long line was about.

It was passholder magnets.... I was a passholder at the time but I wasn't going to wait in that line for sure.

James Alucobond

I love that people immediately dismiss this as a temporary blip but point to similar circumstances with, say, limited-time Figment things and claim they’re clear evidence of his ability to sustain heavy engagement long-term. Not saying either is or isn’t the case, but the confirmation bias is real.

Disstevefan1

I love that people immediately dismiss this as a temporary blip but point to similar circumstances with, say, limited-time Figment things and claim they’re clear evidence of his ability to sustain heavy engagement long-term. Not saying either is or isn’t the case, but the confirmation bias is real.
I think we need to define temporary. This is going to be MOBBED for 6 months or so.

I really don't think it will be MOBBED indefinitely.

TheMaxRebo

Having some it, it is really beautiful and the interactive elements are really fun. And honestly feels like they did a great job making it - feels transportive and just fun but with some classic Epcot edutainment elements

It isn't something one would book a trip for or anything and I am sure in 6 months or whatever it won't get too much of a line ... but I do get why people want to check it out and is just something new

Goldmorgan

Wow, can Disney sink any lower than they are now for incompetence and business decisions. I would clean house with the current management. You would think after Rise of the Resistance (and GOTG, Ratatouille, Tron, name more) they would know how to run a virtual queue ...... wait line process. Instead they use the most dedicated people/fans, a.k.a passholders, to use a guinea pigs for a half baked process. They really need to step it up, my Disney stock is still in the slump and this type of publicity is not going to help it.

UNCgolf

I think we need to define temporary. This is going to be MOBBED for 6 months or so.

I really don't think it will be MOBBED indefinitely.

"Newness" in Disney terms is at least a few years, considering most people don't attend the parks yearly. I'm sure Ratatouille, e.g., is still functionally a brand new attraction for a significant percentage of Disney visitors.

I think this will probably stay busy for a long time, especially with Wonders of Life still empty, Imagination a non-entity, Mission: Space not too popular, and Test Track closing at some point.

Disstevefan1

"Newness" in Disney terms is at least a few years, considering most people don't attend the parks yearly. I'm sure Ratatouille, e.g., is still functionally a brand new attraction for a significant percentage of Disney visitors.

I think this will probably stay busy for a long time, especially with Wonders of Life still empty, Imagination a non-entity, Mission: Space not too popular, and Test Track closing at some point.
I really don't think this will be MOBBED for a few years.

Once enough of the hard core WDW experts have experienced it, who the normal regular folks go to for advice, the experts will say, "Moana is a nice little attraction and IF THERE IS A SHORT WAIT go on it, otherwise skip it."

Once the word gets around, interest will die down.

Chef idea Mickey`=

I think CMs that have to deal with entitled people like you should be able to bring whoever they’d like to the CM preview.

I'm referring to Disney going one way then the other with the big big rules. I don't care just make another preview and call it vlogger preview. Meanwhile you think I'm entitled when I can't invite anyone I want because that person has to have an AP Passholder, has to have this anyone in your party you'd want to bring "must"

Like I said if I had a thing called cast member previews then they'd invite go with other cast members and I'd accept they go with family because if we are to stick to rules for AP/DVC then CM previews should be what's it's called in the first place. Fairness is misunderstood

Last edited:

MagicHappens1971

I'm referring to Disney going one way then the other with the big big rules. I don't care just make another preview and call it vlogger preview. Meanwhile you think I'm entitled when I can't invite anyone I want because that person has to have an AP Passholder, has to have this anyone in your party you'd want to bring "must"

Like I said if I had a thing called cast member previews then they'd invite go with other cast members and I'd accept they go with family because if we are to stick to rules for AP/DVC then CM previews should be what's it's called in the first place. Fairness is misunderstood
It’s an annual passholder preview, only passholders can attend.

CMs can bring friends/family to most previews as a perk of being a CM. It would be ridiculous to say family only, what would you like them to bring birth certificates?

I am an AP and have no problem not being able to bring a guest. They are not an AP.

UNCgolf

I really don't think this will be MOBBED for a few years.

Once enough of the hard core WDW experts have experienced it, who the normal regular folks go to for advice, the experts will say, "Moana is a nice little attraction and IF THERE IS A SHORT WAIT go on it, otherwise skip it."

Once the word gets around, interest will die down.

It presumably has a pretty low capacity, though. I don't think it will take that many people to create long lines.

yensidtlaw1969

But who said the rules would be the same for CMs and APs?

Disney allowed Cast Members to bring whoever they wish. There’s no good reason to expect the exact same from Annual Passholder previews - the purposes of CM previews and AP previews are different and they can conduct them how they choose.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom