Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

MrPromey

I love that people immediately dismiss this as a temporary blip but point to similar circumstances with, say, limited-time Figment things and claim they’re clear evidence of his ability to sustain heavy engagement long-term. Not saying either is or isn’t the case, but the confirmation bias is real.
It should be a temporary blip in terms of strong demand.

If this requires any real queue a year after opening (except maybe major holidays) there is something seriously wrong with Epcot.

That the river ride in Pandora typically has over an hour wait is a sign that park is in need of more.

While I'm never going to agree with the particular placement of this, all the parks need more stuff like this that shouldn't command huge crowds or have waits to offset the e-tickets that probably always will.

UNCgolf

It should be a temporary blip in terms of strong demand.

If this requires any real queue a year after opening (except maybe major holidays) there is something seriously wrong with Epcot.

That the river ride in Pandora typically has over an hour wait is a sign that park is in need of more.

While I'm never going to agree with the particular placement of this, all the parks need more stuff like this that shouldn't command huge crowds or have waits to offset the e-tickets that probably always will.

I used to think this too but now I'm not so sure.

While people on this site tend to be very down on it, I get the feeling the general public must like it. It's been around long enough that nearly everyone queueing for it knows what it is, and it still regularly has the second longest wait in the park (sometimes it even has a longer wait than FoP, although that's not the standard).

If DAK had more to do I'm sure the wait would decrease to an extent, but at this point I'm inclined to think it would still be among the busiest rides at the park.

MrPromey

While people on this site tend to be very down on it, I get the feeling the general public must like it. It's been around long enough that nearly everyone queueing for it knows what it is, and it still regularly has the second longest wait in the park (sometimes it even has a longer wait than FoP, although that's not the standard).

If DAK had more to do I'm sure the wait would decrease to an extent, but at this point I'm inclined to think it would still be among the busiest rides at the park.
It's still one of the two newest attractions.

We'll have go agree to disagree on it's merits but I'm okay with that. :)

UNCgolf

It's still one of the two newest attractions.

We'll have go agree to disagree on it's merits but I'm okay with that. :)

It being one of the newest attractions is essentially irrelevant now, though. It's really no longer new enough to be getting a boost solely from newness; it's been open for over 6 years. It's not like Nemo and Gran Fiesta Tour were the busiest attractions at EPCOT before Frozen Ever After opened.

Any personal feelings aside, it has to be relatively well liked to get those waits over everything else at the park (including Flight of Passage at times) at this point. If people thought it was bad/didn't like it, they certainly wouldn't queue for an hour to ride it, considering they don't do that for other attractions at the park.

I'm personally glad it gets the waits (although it would be better if they were shorter for multiple reasons), since it's an excellent C ticket. It's not better than Expedition Everest (and certainly not better than the Safari), but it would be nice if Disney would take lessons from it on how to design future attractions. Despite its flaws, it does the fundamentals better than nearly everything else they've built since it opened and it probably has the best use of screens/projections of any attraction at WDW except maybe Rise.

All that said, I think the strongest counter argument is that it's one of the only rides at the park with no height requirement.

Last edited:

MrPromey

It being one of the newest attractions is essentially irrelevant now, though. It's really no longer new enough to be getting a boost solely from newness; it's been open for over 6 years. It's not like Nemo and Gran Fiesta Tour were the busiest attractions at EPCOT before Frozen Ever After opened.

Any personal feelings aside, it has to be relatively well liked to get those waits over everything else at the park (including Flight of Passage at times) at this point. If people thought it was bad/didn't like it, they certainly wouldn't queue for an hour to ride it, considering they don't do that for other attractions at the park.

I'm personally glad it gets the waits (although it would be better if they were shorter for multiple reasons), since it's an excellent C ticket. It's not better than Expedition Everest (and certainly not better than the Safari), but it would be nice if Disney would take lessons from it on how to design future attractions. Despite its flaws, it does the fundamentals better than nearly everything else they've built since it opened and it probably has the best use of screens/projections of any attraction at WDW except maybe Rise.

All that said, I think the strongest counter argument is that it's one of the only rides at the park with no height requirement.
I'm not saying it's inherently bad and I hope you don't think I was doging on it. I don't think they intended it to have 70+ minute waits regularly when they designed it.

My opinion is just that, especially given how short it is and how nothing particularly spectacular happens on it, that it's not worth that wait, IMO.

I remember back when it first opened and people were p!ssed after waiting 90-120 minutes to ride it and then finding out how it was. Someone was defending it saying it wasn't a bad ride and would certainly be worth the 30 minute wait it'll probably have once the newness wears off... and here we are. 🤷‍♂️

I'd ride it again but I wouldn't wait 70+ minutes to.

The height restriction observation is a good one.

I like Tough to Be a Bug but given that it's also one of those attractions without a height requirement that, by the nature of the type of attraction it is, would hold young kid's attention better than something like the bird show, I understand why they might be changing it (Was the Zootopia another blue sky or did they say they were actually doing that one? I can't keep track anymore).

Last edited:

THEMEPARKPIONEER

It's new. People want to see it because it's new.

Like a new popcorn bucket.

It hasn't gone through it's life cycle in which people skip it because they've seen it already.
For someone who loves Typhoon Lagoon it’s like why bother wait, if there was a bench and a snack in my hand I’d love to just hang out in that spot but to me it stands in the shadow of Typhoon Lagoon. It doesn’t hold a candle to typhoon lagoons overlook trail.

DCBaker

Premium Member
The Journey of Water Virtual Queue is open this morning.

IMG_340B4BD99CB5-1.jpeg

UNCgolf

I'm not saying it's inherently bad and I hope you don't think I was doging on it. I don't think they intended it to have 70+ minute waits regularly when they designed it.

My opinion is just that, especially given how short it is and how nothing particularly spectacular happens on it, that it's not worth that wait, IMO.

I remember back when it first opened and people were ed after waiting 90-120 minutes to ride it and then finding out how it was that someone was defending it saying it wasn't a bad ride and would certainly be worth the 30 minute wait it'll probably have once the newness wears off... and here we are. 🤷‍♂️

I'd ride it again but I wouldn't wait 70+ minutes to.

The height restriction observation is a good one.

I like Tough to Be a Bug but given that it's also one of those attractions without a height requirement that, by the nature of the type of attraction it is, would hold young kid's attention better than something like the bird show, I understand why they might be changing it (Was the Zootopia another blue sky or did they say they were actually doing that one? I can't keep track anymore).

Oh I absolutely wouldn't wait 70+ minutes to ride it and I agree it shouldn't get waits like that -- I also think the ride would be better received in general if it didn't have those waits. I don't think Flight of Passage is worth the waits it gets either.

Skibum1970

From what I recall, the river ride also has lower capacity, around 80 pph. With it being that low, the line gets long pretty quick. Frozen Ever After and Peter Pan have similar capacity constraints and long lines. I don't know the numbers but I would say that Pirates easily beats Frozen and Navi'i on daily throughput, mainly because Pirates can handle nearly three times the guests per hour.

I do agree wholeheartedly that AK needs more rides but Navi's wait time can be misleading. FoP is a better barometer.

UNCgolf

From what I recall, the river ride also has lower capacity, around 80 pph. With it being that low, the line gets long pretty quick. Frozen Ever After and Peter Pan have similar capacity constraints and long lines. I don't know the numbers but I would say that Pirates easily beats Frozen and Navi'i on daily throughput, mainly because Pirates can handle nearly three times the guests per hour.

I do agree wholeheartedly that AK needs more rides but Navi's wait time can be misleading. FoP is a better barometer.

I assume you meant 800, but I believe NRJ's capacity is higher than that. I think it's somewhere between 1200-1400 an hour -- higher than FEA and Peter Pan, but certainly not a people eater like Pirates.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom