Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

James Alucobond

So far, it looks like there’s only one alcove that might have features traditionally associated with a splash pad (one of the three split end paths, near the kakamora carvings), and even there, it’s a bit difficult at this point to know how guest-accessible the few floor fountains we can see will be and with what frequency/intensity they’ll be active. Everything else so far seems to be potentially interactive water features and walkthrough space.

_caleb

Moana: Journey of Water backstory: All of Epcot exists on the back of Tamatoa, the giant crab.

maui youre welcome GIF

rioriz

So at this time it looks like a journey of water could be ready to go by August 2023. However like the railroad it will more than likely stay almost finished until the end of the year. They could easily open it up before the rest of the spine opens up. But we know how Disney does it these days.

Expect most of the Moana construction crew to be pulled over to the main spine very soon to ramp up construction on that. A Memorial Day 2024 Spine opening dedication is the plan at this time. However, April could be in the cards. Time will tell.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So at this time it looks like a journey of water could be ready to go by August 2023. However like the railroad it will more than likely stay almost finished until the end of the year. They could easily open it up before the rest of the spine opens up. But we know how Disney does it these days.

Expect most of the Moana construction crew to be pulled over to the main spine very soon to ramp up construction on that. A Memorial Day 2024 Spine opening dedication is the plan at this time. However, April could be in the cards. Time will tell.
By 'spine,' do you mean to include Communicore Hall?

tparris

Please tell me 2024 was a typo

James Alucobond

I had to read this over several times to be clear you said 2024.

To which I say...what?!
Indeed. I mean, I kind of get if they want to hold back Dreamers Point until CommuniCore Hall is done, but the rest should really be progressively opening as soon as possible. Also, CommuniCore Hall shouldn't reasonably take that much time anyway. They're, like, pouring the floors now, and the current footprint is the entire indoor enclosure. Everything else is just overhead sun/weather shelter.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom