Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

castlecake2.0

It's not remotely a German attraction, though.

And there might be some complaints putting it there due to German history.
In its current form you enter the attraction in the “British Isles” section, flip it to Germany instead, have the queue resemble a German toy shop, then continue to sail through all the other countries of the world. And because of Germany’s past means they can never have anything happy in their pavilion? Most countries have done horrible things in their past, you cant hold that against them.

mikejs78

Premium Member
In its current form you enter the attraction in the “British Isles” section, flip it to Germany instead, have the queue resemble a German toy shop, then continue to sail through all the other countries of the world. And because of Germany’s past means they can never have anything happy in their pavilion? Most countries have done horrible things in their past, you cant hold that against them.
I'd rather they build the river cruise.

Movielover

Me too but I think that ship has sailed
More like sunk!

tenor.gif

doctornick

What about putting IASW in Germany where they were originally going to have the river cruise?

If they were going to just randomly build IASW in world Showcase (it's not going to happen, so whatever, this is just idle conversation), it would make more sense to use one of the expansion pads between Germany and China (i.e. where African Outpost is). whatever is build there has to be enclosed anyway due to fireworks fallout so a big IASW show building would make sense and it's a good location for another ride.

That being said, as I've mentioned before, I'd like to see IASW added such that its entrance is near the International Gateway thus having it "welcome" guests to the park from that side and provide a kind of WS thesis statement there. If they use the World Showplace plot and orient the queue, it could be done. (Heck, probably wouldn't even need to use that, it looks like there is probably enough space behind/between the UK pavilion and the Skyliner station).

UNCgolf

That wasn't my point. My point was that Germany's relatively recent past makes it particularly unsuited for a ride like It's a Small World. That's not my personal opinion (I wouldn't have any problem with it from that standpoint), but it's basically a guarantee that there would be some outrage. I know some Jewish people who refuse to even go into the German pavilion.

Regardless, I don't think it makes any sense to put It's a Small World in any World Showcase pavilion. That's not a good fit.

Last edited:

Bocabear

Nebulous and non-sensical. As engaging as the new names for the areas...
A water splash play area that teaches about the cycle of water that still no one has a clue what it actually is, is a great idea for the first thing you see after passing Spaceship Earth.
It's not a splash pad play area...I know but all the concept art shows people playing in the water... So I am still baffled by what this thing actually is...
Guess it doesn't matter at this point because it is going in...
And people will still be calling this Future World for the next 20 years... like they still call it MGM Studios....

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So I read this will be in World Nature, but I thought this to be inside the monorail loop aka World Celebration?
I've never seen anything from Disney that made the monorail loop a boundary between 'Worlds.' Their first maps showed Imagination and Odyssey as being part of World Celebration, and they're both beyond the loop. Their art concepts showed JoW beginning right next to SSE, within the loop.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom