Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
That is the only original expansion pad left for future world really, it would have been horrible to waste it on this but your right it would have maybe fit better there. They haven't done anything very wise with this park so whats any of it matter anymore I guess. :banghead: They created more problems for themselves and blown more money than what was necessary, uggg oh well damage done.

The damage has indeed been done. IP inclusion rules over any wisdom, history, or direction. Sadly. And I don’t know if there’s any way back at this point, outside of what would inevitably be a 5+ year rip out and rebuild. And that doesn’t even include the needed multi-year work on SSE and a refreshed Imagination.

I wasn’t advocating for JoW to be created between The Land and The Seas by any stretch of the imagination, just to be clear. 😁 If they were to use that pad, I would prefer something that would tie into both pavilions and create a cohesively themed area. A pipe dream, I know.

nickys

Premium Member
The damage has indeed been done. IP inclusion rules over any wisdom, history, or direction. Sadly. And I don’t know if there’s any way back at this point, outside of what would inevitably be a 5+ year rip out and rebuild. And that doesn’t even include the needed multi-year work on SSE and a refreshed Imagination.

I wasn’t advocating for JoW to be created between The Land and The Seas by any stretch of the imagination, just to be clear. 😁 If they were to use that pad, I would prefer something that would tie into both pavilions and create a cohesively themed area. A pipe dream, I know.
They could have a pavilion with a geological theme perhaps. Earthquakes, volcanoes, the power of water.

Or go for a Global Warming theme, covering the history of coal and oil and the search for greener alternatives.

There are endless possibilities if they wanted to.

doctornick

They could have a pavilion with a geological theme perhaps. Earthquakes, volcanoes, the power of water.

Or go for a Global Warming theme, covering the history of coal and oil and the search for greener alternatives.

Well, they had a weather based ride in Tokyo and they had even talked about bringing that to Epcot at one point. Something weather/climate based could make a lot of sense for World Nature.

Bocabear

A Weather Pavilion would be very appropriate...Can you imagine how icool it could have been to use the Wonders Of Life pavilion with a digitally mapped ceiling dome constantly rolling through different weather systems... And then the Storm Riders attraction and a few more things would have made that a great pavilion and so much better than a Selfie/meet and greet pavilion

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

Weather was always going to get my vote, as long as they could do it properly. Knowing today’s TDO, it would be a sideshow with some LED lighting and “a story inspired by [insert Disney movie]”.

“Global warming” would never be touched, far too hot-button of a topic. But, if only there was a pavilion about energy they could have used… oh wait…

The original iteration of UoE talked about the need for diverse sources of energy - fossil fuels, “green” energy, hydro, geothermal, etc. And that was Exxon’s message. 🤔

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Weather was always going to get my vote, as long as they could do it properly. Knowing today’s TDO, it would be a sideshow with some LED lighting and “a story inspired by [insert Disney movie]”.

“Global warming” would never be touched, far too hot-button of a topic. But, if only there was a pavilion about energy they could have used… oh wait…

The original iteration of UoE talked about the need for diverse sources of energy - fossil fuels, “green” energy, hydro, geothermal, etc. And that was Exxon’s message. 🤔
Interestingly enough Disney actually considered a Weather Pavilion at one point.

Epcot82Guy

A Weather Pavilion would be very appropriate...Can you imagine how icool it could have been to use the Wonders Of Life pavilion with a digitally mapped ceiling dome constantly rolling through different weather systems... And then the Storm Riders attraction and a few more things would have made that a great pavilion and so much better than a Selfie/meet and greet pavilion
That's been an idea of mine for years. Have awnings and coverings around the edge, and the temperature, rain, "snow", fog, etc cycle through. It could be incredible.

doctornick

Is this description of JoW new:

• Journey of Water, Inspired by Moana will be the first Disney Parks experience evoking the hit Walt Disney Animation Studios film. This lush exploration trail will invite guests to meet and play with magical, living water. Just like Moana’s friend the ocean, water will have a personality of its own, helping guests learn how to protect the natural water cycle in a fun and engaging way.

Brer Panther

"Water will have a personality of its own"? How are they going to pull that off? What, will they put a hidden speaker in the pond so that it looks like the water is talking to you?

doctornick

"Water will have a personality of its own"? How are they going to pull that off? What, will they put a hidden speaker in the pond so that it looks like the water is talking to you?

Well, the ocean in Moana had a personality and behavior, so I guess maybe they are planning to emulate that in some way? I agree that I'm not sure how they would (beyond using screenz)

Casper Gutman

It's going to be landscaping and some of those jumping fountains from Imagination. It's job is to take up space.

(If it gets built. I know land has been cleared, but I'll be convinced when it goes vertical.)

J4546

for as big as the new concrete stairwell enclosures are, there must be some substantial elements to this walkthrough for them to blend in or be hidden. Im still optimistic JoW will be a cool walkthrough

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom