Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

jt04

The Moana theme won't be in your face. It is secondary to the main theme of the water cycle and conservation done in an engaging way for families. Sounds very EPCOT Center edutainment to me.

In fact I believe the IP utilization will be so carefully utilized that Moana could show up in another park in a more dedicated attraction. 🌋 Just my opinion.

And then something else might be added to the JoW or no IP at all. ⛲

I think we are just seeing pieces of a puzzle because the big picture of Epcot's future is still being crafted. 🎨

dreday3

The amount of people in this thread who can't let others have something they could potentially enjoy is so sad to see. Everything has to be shoved aside because "I don't like Moana" but "I loved the empty buildings that used to be there."

"Someone has to." when someone else states that they like it. The self-righteousness if off the charts. Not everything in the world revolves around 2 people's opinions on this site.

Moana is a wonderful movie and clearly has long term appeal and the last three pages on here make it seems like it's some random 20 minute clip they pulled out of a box somewhere.

Except on these boards, everything does revolve around those opinions...

(for the record, I'm excited to see the beauty of the fountains and I will be a Moana fan even after another five years have passed ;) )

The Aracuan Bird

The amount of people in this thread who can't let others have something they could potentially enjoy is so sad to see. Everything has to be shoved aside because "I don't like Moana" but "I loved the empty buildings that used to be there."

"Someone has to." when someone else states that they like it. The self-righteousness if off the charts. Not everything in the world revolves around 2 people's opinions on this site.

Moana is a wonderful movie and clearly has long term appeal and the last three pages on here make it seems like it's some random 20 minute clip they pulled out of a box somewhere.
While some are complaining because they don’t like the movie, it’s not the main issue. It’s the placement, and not JUST the park they chose, but the exact plot of land they chose. Right smack dab in the middle of everything for no rhyme or reason.

And I’d also argue that it was a poor choice of attraction type too. If the movie does have the staying power of the most classic Disney films, many are going to complain that it’s JUST a walk through and not a ride. People want rides, that’s why they pay the big bucks. I walk through exhibit is an extra, not the main selling point. It’s just bizarre to me how they wasted the two biggest recent IPs on smaller attractions. I think I’ll personally enjoy it, but it seems like a lack of methodical planning.

jt04

While some are complaining because they don’t like the movie, it’s not the main issue. It’s the placement, and not JUST the park they chose, but the exact plot of land they chose. Right smack dab in the middle of everything for no rhyme or reason.

And I’d also argue that it was a poor choice of attraction type too. If the movie does have the staying power of the most classic Disney films, many are going to complain that it’s JUST a walk through and not a ride. People want rides, that’s why they pay the big bucks. I walk through exhibit is an extra, not the main selling point. It’s just bizarre to me how they wasted the two biggest recent IPs on smaller attractions. I think I’ll personally enjoy it, but it seems like a lack of methodical planning.

The journey of water eventually reaches the ocean. Or seas. The Living Seas some might call it.

☔💧🌊 🐟

Last edited:

doctornick

I can understand people complaining about losing the Communicore building but I don’t see how one can describe the location as “no rhyme or reason” - it’s literally the pathway to go from the center of FW towards the Living Seas and the location was chosen so that JoW is a walk through precursor to the Seas experience. It’s complimentary while being separate and enhances “World Nature”. Do you really think having a smaller attraction themed to water is inappropriate next to the Living Seas?

The Aracuan Bird

The Moana theme won't be in your face. It is secondary to the main theme of the water cycle and conservation done in an engaging way for families. Sounds very EPCOT Center edutainment to me.

In fact I believe the IP utilization will be so carefully utilized that Moana could show up in another park in a more dedicated attraction. 🌋 Just my opinion.

And then something else might be added to the JoW or no IP at all. ⛲

I think we are just seeing pieces of a puzzle because the big picture of Epcot's future is still being crafted. 🎨
I’d like to see a Volcano in Adventureland. You could have a Moana boat ride travelling through the base of the Volcano, with a unique coaster above. They could have even made the pathways and tunnels from under the train to the expansion plot as their Journey of Water.

I do think theming a coaster to Moana would exclude a major part of its target audience, but like I said, dark ride on the bottom, unique coaster on top.

jt04

I’d like to see a Volcano in Adventureland. You could have a Moana boat ride travelling through the base of the Volcano, with a unique coaster above. They could have even made the pathways and tunnels from under the train to the expansion plot as their Journey of Water.

I do think theming a coaster to Moana would exclude a major part of its target audience, but like I said, dark ride on the bottom, unique coaster on top.

Well there was certainly some rumblings a few years ago about a volcano attraction. Rumors erupted on these boards that Moana would possibly be the IP. But as quickly as that rumor heated up it went dormant again. But the rumor board was really shaken up in those couple days.

I doubt they would dedicate that sort of capital to a mid-level franchise. But something like the investment of Pan or Mermaid might be possible in AdvLand. 🌊🌋🌴

TTA94

Well there was certainly some rumblings a few years ago about a volcano attraction. Rumors erupted on these boards that Moana would possibly be the IP. But as quickly as that rumor heated up it went dormant again. But the rumor board was really shaken up in those couple days.

I doubt they would dedicate that sort of capital to a mid-level franchise. But something like the investment of Pan or Mermaid might be possible in AdvLand. 🌊🌋🌴

Would they ever replace The Seas with Moana to go along with Journey of Water?

jt04

Would they ever replace The Seas with Moana to go along with Journey of Water?

Everything will likely stay very close to how it is now. Moana m&g and merch are real possibilities. Especially the merch.

I do expect the pavilion, along with The Land and Imagination to get major investments during the 2020's. Purely speculation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom