Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

ppete1975

I love Moana and am glad to see it get some love, but I wish we knew more. Still think she would have been a great addition to Adventureland in some kind of water coaster ride where you face off against TaKa. How cool would that have been?
have a tube of water you ride through with some kind of animatronics while on a roller coaster then ride barely above more water, giving the impression of being in a boat or something? the ideas are endless... and innovative... this isnt that sadly

ppete1975

We'll have to see the final setup, but it seems to me that at the least you will be able to bypass it by going straight west towards the Land and then north to the Seas if desired. And there might be a more direct path bypassing it anyway. It's a good amount of space there so I would be surprised if JoW takes up everything (at the vest least simply because I don't think Disney will pay to build such a giant landscaped area with fountains).
Im sure youre right, im just thinking of tourists who dont even look at maps. But it depends on how this is done which i dont think anyone knows. If its just a walkthrough path i can see it being traffic, if it has an entrance exit and is clearly marked as what it is then it might be better. Regardless ill just wait till it opens before i have an opinion besides fear.

Skywise

have a tube of water you ride through with some kind of animatronics while on a roller coaster then ride barely above more water, giving the impression of being in a boat or something? the ideas are endless... and innovative... this isnt that sadly
Actually a retheme of splash mountain to Moana would've made SENSE!

Heppenheimer

I think Pocahontas would have made the most sense (change the logs to canoes), but i wonder if that would backfire eventually, im not sure how people view that movie currently and thats not talking about in 10 years
My opinion of it hasn't changed in the 25 or so years since it was released... it was a boring disappointment, especially coming down the heights of The Lion King from the previous summer.

ppete1975

My opinion of it hasn't changed in the 25 or so years since it was released... it was a boring disappointment, especially coming down the heights of The Lion King from the previous summer.
haha not what i meant (i was more thinking PC), but its one of the few disney movies ive never seen and ive never felt inclined to as well so maybe your answer was the correct one :)

jt04

haha not what i meant (i was more thinking PC), but its one of the few disney movies ive never seen and ive never felt inclined to as well so maybe your answer was the correct one :)

It wasn't WDAS at their best but the IP, combined with a Disneyland-esque Critter Country would definitely work.

And there is still room for a PatF attraction towards Pirates. Nice.

TTA94

When is this expected to be open? It seems like it should be fairly soon. Maybe early 2022? I'm excited to see what they do even if everyone in here just s**** on everything non stop.

Can’t imagine it taking to long to install a bunch of trees, pathways and a few waterfalls. They could have this done later this year, but this is Disney so, probably early 2022 or Spring lol.

FigmentFan82

Figment doesn't possess the fountains. Figment has no presence around those fountains (or at least hasn't for over a decade), there's nothing to cement a marketable character in a child's mind to associate with the fountains. A child can walk out of Journey of Water wanting a Moana shirt or plushie or whatever. It's all about the bottom line.
What are you talking about and why did you quote me? That has nothing to do with my point or what I was saying. Don't push your narrative on my words. If you want to bring up a discussion about the IP's inclusion with the project as a shrewd way to push Moana merch, by all means do so, but don't include my words in it, as I was not talking at all about that.

Amused to Death

It's not a splash area.

It's not a splashpad.

The fountain in front of Countdown to Extinction / Dinosaur wasn't a swimming pool, but we all know how that turned out. 😝

Pool-a-saurus.jpg

Pool-a-saurus

Keep-out-a-saurus.jpg

Keep-out-a-saurus

Planter-a-saurus.jpg

Planter-a-saurus

The Aracuan Bird

I'm not defending this or Play! I would have loved to see better concepts come to fruition. But I also cannot deny that clearly these two things are aimed at a younger audience. When I was at WDW in 2018 with my nephew, he basically could have spent the entire day at the leaping fountains at Imagination. Sometimes the simple things are what fascinate kids the most. Again, I will say I wish other things were green-lit instead of these choices, but I can't deny that the kids will most likely love them. At this point the most we can hope for is that these ideas are executed well, because it seems like full steam ahead on both projects.
Sometimes the simple things fascinate the adults too. Like the same leaping fountains. I spent 40 minutes there in 2018 and 2019.

But the Imagination fountains aren’t misplaced. They probably didn’t have a ride sized budget to them. Nor do they take up more space than their worth. Yet they bring so much casual joy to people. What the little things can do.

I’m looking forward this. It will add a natural area to the concrete expanse formerly known as Future World, while tactfully leveraging a popular character to teach people about the water cycle. If it lives up to its description, it will be proper 21st century edutainment.

FigmentFan82

But the Imagination fountains aren’t misplaced. They probably didn’t have a ride sized budget to them. Nor do they take up more space than their worth. Yet they bring so much casual joy to people. What the little things can do.
Please read my first sentence again. I'm not looking for this tired statement over and over again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom