Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

mikejs78

Premium Member
I'm not super thrilled about the changes to Epcot, but at this point given that they're going with it, I just like it to get done. Having world celebration and this attraction done will be far preferable to the current state of Wallcot.

The damage is already done. CommuniCore West is gone. Then are not going to rebuild it, so let's just move on.

The Aracuan Bird

Seriously this belongs in the Animal Kingdom...somewhere near the NEMO show... It should actually take the Chester and Hester area...Do a Polynesian Islanders village, some nature and Pacific Tidal Pool exhibits with this as the lead in...Then add a volcano coaster type attraction to the back of the area.
Or, you know, in the Polynesian themed land with the giant expansion plot.

Skywise

Or, you know, in the Polynesian themed land with the giant expansion plot.
Why not put this AT the Polynesian where they're pushing the Moanna theming anyway?! It's like they're pulling all the foliage and tropical water aspects out of the Polynesian so they can have more DVC rental kiosk space and where do they put the Polynesian-esque landscaping? In Epcot!

The IP injection here is just weird.
Why not "Journey of Water by Nemo" where you learn how water works its way from land into the ocean with Nemo and friends animatronics popping up from the water occasionally discussing the various water features that leads to the Living in the Seas aquarium.

Naahhh - let's throw up some cheap tribal signs and call it Moanna because.. uh.. we're pushing Moanna for some reason even though the movie was never really a mega hit (Brave was better received but you never saw them push Miranda much)

ppete1975

while im a huge advocate for water features in parks, Ive been hoping UofEs water feature returns for GotG and other fountains are added or returned to glory. Also an advocate for more nature in the parks. I think Epcot had the fountain percentage perfect originally and palm trees seemed to fit... this... not really.

This looks like horrible placement, exact location in this park and which park both being mistakes. But this just looks likes its going to be a huge choke point for traffic in addition.

Skywise

while im a huge advocate for water features in parks, Ive been hoping UofEs water feature returns for GotG and other fountains are added or returned to glory. Also an advocate for more nature in the parks. I think Epcot had the fountain percentage perfect originally and palm trees seemed to fit... this... not really.

This looks like horrible placement, exact location in this park and which park both being mistakes. But this just looks likes its going to be a huge choke point for traffic in addition.
Maybe this is intended to be a splash area?

doctornick

It WILL be a splash area... and it WILL be a huge choke point, and it WILL make no sense whatsoever.
Poor choice, Poor planning, and I am sure a bunch of value engineering on the way too.

It's not a splash area. I have no idea why that keeps getting repeated, but it's a walk through area with fountains. Think more like Swiss Family Robinson treehouse but on one level with trickling water.

Edit: just to support this point, quoting Martin...

Garden with some waterfalls then?

To be honest it reminds me of a water feature outside the lobby to a posh hotel. I’ve seen some other stuff, but not the possibility of edutainment so I can’t comment on that.

ppete1975

It's not a splash area. I have no idea why that keeps getting repeated, but it's a walk through area with fountains. Think more like Swiss Family Robinson treehouse but on one level with trickling water.

Edit: just to support this point, quoting Martin...
still sounds like a choke point, it would be better if they had put this to the side. But hopefully im wrong :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom