Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

Phicinfan

It's not being mad that they built it, but disappointed that it does not thematically fit with anything around it...and would make more sense in say Animal Kingdom or Adventureland... Parks areas that feel like similar settings...
Again, I get some of the angst with this being in Epcot. But its IN world of nature, and directly next to Seas. I really don't think you can totally stand on it isn't a fit thematically with anything around it.

Chef idea Mickey`=

This would have been better situated in between The Land & Seas. It is terribly located. It’s just….there.

Perhaps 😉 there's an underlining velvet reason why it's there smack in the middle. Actually imagine what we would of had if it was not in this location.. more hideous prototype community of today seating, lamps nicks, bronze metal tree that ain't a tree section.. more space of nothing.. bring back Baymax!

You think people want to come to Epcot to share a sandwich at a bench.. the only benefit is if your a current student and need to be studying none of this area will distract you unless the music ...🙊

Cmdr_Crimson

It’s a discussion board about Disney parks…. It’s discussing the parks.

It’s a really odd fit currently… but a great walk-through attraction. Seems they could have spent that money to update the dancing fountains at figment and had lots of money leftover to at least add a dreamfinder AA to the ride!
all-of-this-pointing.gif

Other reason I keep showing the jumping fountains pic...

Bocabear

Again, I get some of the angst with this being in Epcot. But its IN world of nature, and directly next to Seas. I really don't think you can totally stand on it isn't a fit thematically with anything around it.
Yes, it is in world of nature, but carries none of the look or style of the rest of World Nature... Perhaps if they had built rock outcropping in the landscape in and around The Land and The Seas that matched...something to vuisuallt tie it to the rest of that area... then it would feel like it is meant to be part of that neighborhood...But as it stands, it is a pocket that is oddly tropical and with very specific rockwork, separated by the monorail beam and ring path from the rest of what we might consider World Nature.... Too separate and too thematically and visually different to feel part of....wow what a run-on sentence!!

TrainsOfDisney

Again, I get some of the angst with this being in Epcot. But it’s IN world of nature, and directly next to Seas. I really don't think you can totally stand on it isn't a fit thematically with anything around it.
It’s not the water theme that doesn’t fit, imagination has had jumping fountains and a huge backwards waterfall for decades. Moana is fine - she’s just in the background anyways.

The issue is how jarring it is from the rest of Epcot. Even guardians, which I’m 100% against being part of Epcot visually fits and looks like an Epcot pavilion.

Haymarket2008

Perhaps 😉 there's an underlining velvet reason why it's there smack in the middle. Actually imagine what we would of had if it was not in this location.. more hideous prototype community of today seating, lamps nicks, bronze metal tree that ain't a tree section.. more space of nothing.. bring back Baymax!

You think people want to come to Epcot to share a sandwich at a bench.. the only benefit is if your a current student and need to be studying none of this area will distract you unless the music ...🙊

………..huh?

Disstevefan1

………..huh?
Perhaps 😉 there's an underlining velvet reason why it's there smack in the middle. Actually imagine what we would of had if it was not in this location.. more hideous prototype community of today seating, lamps nicks, bronze RUSTED metal tree that ain't a tree section.. more space of nothing.. bring back Baymax!

FIFY - I checked it, its actual RUST :mad:

Incomudro

It’s not the water theme that doesn’t fit, imagination has had jumping fountains and a huge backwards waterfall for decades. Moana is fine - she’s just in the background anyways.

The issue is how jarring it is from the rest of Epcot. Even guardians, which I’m 100% against being part of Epcot visually fits and looks like an Epcot pavilion.
Is a naturalistic setting respite jarring?
I don't know if I'd use that term, but I like the idea that you step into a place that takes you out of the more modern environment.

Chef idea Mickey`=

………..huh?
Maybe the purpose it was placed where it was because if it wasn't placed there all that space would end up nothing but even more park space or they wouldn't know what to do. I think in the end they place this attraction here in order to have the majestic views of spaceship earth in the backdrop.

Phicinfan

Yes, it is in world of nature, but carries none of the look or style of the rest of World Nature... Perhaps if they had built rock outcropping in the landscape in and around The Land and The Seas that matched...something to vuisuallt tie it to the rest of that area... then it would feel like it is meant to be part of that neighborhood...But as it stands, it is a pocket that is oddly tropical and with very specific rockwork, separated by the monorail beam and ring path from the rest of what we might consider World Nature.... Too separate and too thematically and visually different to feel part of....wow what a run-on sentence!!
So... all the rock and stone IN the attraction doesn't matter? Ok, walk me through exactly what rock outcropping is near the Seas or land that this doesn't match? I don't believe there is any real tie between Seas and Land either. Just seems to be a bit of nit picking here.

I honestly think some here just can't get past the idea that the "old" layout doesn't exist anymore, and there is a new layout. In that layout you have Seas, Land and Moana directly near each other. All tied to nature and all three have key edjutainment value. Its a clear win.

Now, could this have potentially fit in AK or Adventureland? Yes. I concede that. I still don't think this is a total outlier though at Epcot

TrainsOfDisney

I honestly think some here just can't get past the idea that the "old" layout doesn't exist anymore, and there is a new layout.
And I honestly think some here immediately dismiss criticism as being from “old timers” or “traditionalists.” While many parts of Epcot are not what I would have done, the only thing that seems to not fit is Moana, but I also think it’s an excellent walk through attraction.

There’s plenty examples of Disney plopping things that don’t fit into areas just cause. Studios in particular is a total mess thematically because of this.

This was most likely not designed for Epcot and plopped into future world cause that’s where they needed something - no other explanation makes sense to me.

_caleb

And I honestly think some here immediately dismiss criticism as being from “old timers” or “traditionalists.” While many parts of Epcot are not what I would have done, the only thing that seems to not fit is Moana, but I also think it’s an excellent walk through attraction.

There’s plenty examples of Disney plopping things that don’t fit into areas just cause. Studios in particular is a total mess thematically because of this.

This was most likely not designed for Epcot and plopped into future world cause that’s where they needed something - no other explanation makes sense to me.
I dismiss most of the complaints about things “not fitting” because they seem to be based on what Epcot was, not what it is now or what it’s becoming.

TrainsOfDisney

I dismiss most of the complaints about things “not fitting” because they seem to be based on what Epcot was, not what it is now or what it’s becoming.
Well then you dismiss a lot of valid points.

I am 100% against guardians being in Epcot but that area fits great with its surroundings.

I really like the Moana attraction, and liked that me and my mom (who can’t do many rides at all) could experience it together. But I don’t see how it fits where it is by any stretch. And that’s ok… I still enjoyed it but it’s still a very valid criticism.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom