Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

Ayla

Is it a masterpiece? No

Is it what EPCOT needs right now? No

I however still think it’s a charming addition but far from the revolutionary thing they are playing it up with all the marketing. This is of course going off the limited video. It also doesn’t appear it’s very heavy handed in terms of how “inspired” this attraction appears to be. Lots will disagree with me but with EPCOT needs is more attractions. I argue that Guardians has done wonders for EPCOT as they finally have an attraction that can be a huge draw to the park. If they can get another like that I think that would do wonders.

Not trying to downplay any of the other attractions at EPCOT. Particularly Test Track, Soarin, Spaceship Earth, Ratatouille and (to a lesser extent) Frozen. These are all great attractions and the world showcase sells itself. I believe another guardians sized ride however would put EPCOT in a much better situation. Even little things like the proposed cherry tree lane would of gone a long way.

Interested to see what the full experience looks like even though my expectations are tempered. I also hope everything works out with the center spine as I feel that’s probably way more important they finish off the crater.
Except, Guardians isn't a huge draw. The VQ is open for hours every day.

TheMaxRebo

Is it a masterpiece? No

Is it what EPCOT needs right now? No

I however still think it’s a charming addition but far from the revolutionary thing they are playing it up with all the marketing. This is of course going off the limited video. It also doesn’t appear it’s very heavy handed in terms of how “inspired” this attraction appears to be. Lots will disagree with me but with EPCOT needs is more attractions. I argue that Guardians has done wonders for EPCOT as they finally have an attraction that can be a huge draw to the park. If they can get another like that I think that would do wonders.

Not trying to downplay any of the other attractions at EPCOT. Particularly Test Track, Soarin, Spaceship Earth, Ratatouille and (to a lesser extent) Frozen. These are all great attractions and the world showcase sells itself. I believe another guardians sized ride however would put EPCOT in a much better situation. Even little things like the proposed cherry tree lane would of gone a long way.

Interested to see what the full experience looks like even though my expectations are tempered. I also hope everything works out with the center spine as I feel that’s probably way more important they finish off the crater.

I actually think Epcot needs things like this too, or what they had planned for the Play pavilion - some more non-Eticket attractions that are low stress and just something to do with minimal waits, etc. (DHS could use that too).

Adding a few more attractions would be good too, but think the function of this is a welcome addition to the park

(Now, is it the exact right IP and the exact right location? That is a different question)

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
*Watches walkthrough video*
Taye Diggs Wow GIF by Bounce

Hoo boy.

TheMaxRebo

Putting the whole cringe component aside.

They need till late 2023 to wrap this up?

There’s something much more to this.

Probably a mix of still finalizing guest flow and testing that out

Plus I think they like to have these previews as perks for CMs (they are asked to post on socials with a specific hashtag) and marketing for Club 33, DVC, etc

Plus if it doesn't open until Oct 1 or later they get to have this as part of the next fiscal year and not much for that year is coming so think that is part of it too

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Probably a mix of still finalizing guest flow and testing that out

Plus I think they like to have these previews as perks for CMs (they are asked to post on socials with a specific hashtag) and marketing for Club 33, DVC, etc

Plus if it doesn't open until Oct 1 or later they get to have this as part of the next fiscal year and not much for that year is coming so think that is part of it too
This is a mediocre at best throwaway walkthrough. Almost every concept in the preview has been done already in Disney Parks. They had better jumping water 40 years ago.

Amazing that so much money was burned on this.

wserratore1963

I'm happy to hear about the previews and I still contend it will be a nice feature for the park. Especially for Grandma, Grandpa, Moms & Dads and the kids. My Grandmother loved WDW and the only attractions she ever went on were Living with the land and World of Motion; however she would talk endlessly about the Flowers, the Music and the wonder of it all.
That's still a big part of why people come to the parks. - I'm looking forward to the walls coming down, To have something tranquil to walk through on my way into the park & not having to circumnavigate my way around.
"Let's not forget this was all started by a mouse"

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member

I'm happy to hear about the previews and I still contend it will be a nice feature for the park. Especially for Grandma, Grandpa, Moms & Dads and the kids. My Grandmother loved WDW and the only attractions she ever went on were Living with the land and World of Motion; however she would talk endlessly about the Flowers, the Music and the wonder of it all.
That's still a big part of why people come to the parks. - I'm looking forward to the walls coming down, To have something tranquil to walk through on my way into the park & not having to circumnavigate my way around.

That EPCOT died 30 years ago.

Disstevefan1

Thankfully they have not totally destroyed Living with the land...... yet.

wserratore1963

That EPCOT died 30 years ago.
My Family loves EPCOT and my Kids know nothing about Old EPCOT (other than what I've told them about the place 30 years ago) They think its a great park and the think GOTG is best ride they have ever been on and yes that includes everything at Universal, SeaWorld and Six Flags.
I respect your opinion; I just happen to disagree & I look forward to the walls coming down and whatever comes next and comes after that. I love that there's always something new; weather it works or not isn't the point - it's always evolving.

Epcot82Guy

Yes! The more I thought about it, the more I came to the same conclusion - this feels like elements of an interactive queue.
Been saying that awhile myself, too. And seeing it finished - it feels even more that way.

Again, this isn't bad. It's just small, misplaced and not what Epcot needed (not that an attraction of this type isn't good - rather that the whole project needed refocus).

Bocabear

My Family loves EPCOT and my Kids know nothing about Old EPCOT (other than what I've told them about the place 30 years ago) They think its a great park and the think GOTG is best ride they have ever been on and yes that includes everything at Universal, SeaWorld and Six Flags.
I respect your opinion; I just happen to disagree & I look forward to the walls coming down and whatever comes next and comes after that. I love that there's always something new; weather it works or not isn't the point - it's always evolving.
I like GOTG too and think they did a great job with it...The problem is there is nothing coming next...the "next" was all cancelled and the discussion is over... Heck they have not even finished the central core they began building 4 years ago...which will just be a park with trees and some art.
Evolving...yes, but so painfully slowly, and with little to no net gain. They need someone with a real vision for the parks and an understanding of what they are, were, and could be moving forward... All we know now is the plans were not amazing and then bit by bit were cancelled... So...the big reimagining of Epcot is trees in the central hub and a splash pad water walk-through...

jaklgreen

This TikTok reveals more than I've seen before. Not sure how it got past a media embargo.

It looks like something that the little kids will like, especially on the hot days. I imagine that it will take the place of the splash fountains to get your kids to cool off. I like that they are putting an educational element to this, which is what Epcot should be about. But I do think that this takes up a lot of space and took a long time to complete. I hope that these special effects don't break down in 6 months and stay broken forever.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom